Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Legion World HOT 100 -- 2011 edition (Page 29)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Legion World HOT 100 -- 2011 edition
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I felt like maybe I was slowing down these past few weeks because work's been keeping me so damn busy, but lo and behold I actually went UP a few notches! Cool! [Smile]

And He Who LSHes, I just want to say again how much I appreciate the trouble and effort you go to to get us these numbers. You rock!!!!! [Big Grin]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay PB!!!!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the kind words, fk.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:

My pleasure bud! [Yes]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

quote:
Originally posted by future king:
quote:

My pleasure bud! [Yes]
p.s. I like your new avatar. It scares the poop out of me, but that's what I love! [Eek!]
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
quote:

My pleasure bud! [Yes]
p.s. I like your new avatar. It scares the poop out of me, but that's what I love! [Eek!]
I love watching these things grow out of control.
[Smile]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks again, fk.

Validus, of course, can't speak. But if he could speak, I imagine he would say what's underneath his pic (courtesy Dogbert).

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
I just figured out that I've moved up 33 spots in the past 3 months. But now I'm 350 posts behind the person above me...Exnihil...and he's not going to sit there waiting for me.

Thanks for all the data work, He Who LSHes!

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
I just figured out that I've moved up 33 spots in the past 3 months. But now I'm 350 posts behind the person above me...Exnihil...and he's not going to sit there waiting for me.

Thanks for all the data work, He Who LSHes!

On the other hand, if Exy keeps at his current posting rate, you will eventually overtake him.

As for me, I'm struggling to keep ahead of cleome, who posted almost twice my number, and to advance ahead of Outdoor Miner and Lightning Lad, who are pretty much sitting targets these days but still perched pretty high.

(Why, no, I'm not competitive. Why do you ask? [Wink] )

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
ZERO POSTS CLUB: Where are they NOW? Here's what I know... if you know something, please share...

7. Lightning Lad—17,930 (+0) --A Facebook regular

8. Outdoor Miner—16,670 (+0) --no data; usually disappears for extended lengths of time only to reappear and return to heavy posting for awhile... due for a return!

12. Fat Cramer—12,722 (+0) --I'm worried about her. [Frown]

14. Vee—11,346 (+0) --no data

16. Stu—10,000 (+0) --retired this username

23 (21). Semi Transparent Fellow—7812 (+0) --pops up once in a very blue moon

27. Mattropolis—6370 (+0) --a Facebook regular

28. Kid Prime—6354 (+0) --on my Facebook list, but posts very infrequently there

29. Loser Lad—6153 (+0) --no data, but he tends to return to heavy posting every now and then; it's about time for him to return

30. Spellbinder—5347 (+0) --an infrequent Facebook presence

34 (33). Ultra Jorge—4879 (+0) --posted recently here

35 (34). Caliente—4730 (+0) --on Facebook; updated status recently

41 (40). Future—4002 (+0) --returned here not too long ago

45 (42). Blockade Boy—3849 (+0) --a regular on the DC board

46 (44). Arachne—3758 (+0) --no data; does not post to Facebook much/ever

47. Lad Boy—3563 (+0) --no data

49. the boy with Ultra Powers—3529 (+0) --a regular on Facebook and Twitter

50. Yk—3495 (+0) --rest in peace, Art.

51. icefire—3458 (+0) --vanished a few years ago

52. CJ Taylor—3455 (+0) --a regular on Facebook

54. ferroboy—3355 (+0) --a regular on Facebook

55. Harbinger—3217 (+0) --posted here not long ago

57 (56). rvtu2—2952 (+0) --on Facebook, posts infrequently

59. Bevis—2812 (+0) --totally vanished awhile back

60. Arm Fall Off Boy—2730 (+0) --no data

61. Monkey Eater Lad—2659 (+0) --a regular Facebook user

62. ActorLad—2651 (+0) --a regular Facebook user; likes his GetGlue [Wink]

63. Portfolio Boy—2638 (+0) --I think I saw a post from him not too long ago here

67 (66). matlock—2236 (+0) --no data

71 (69). Kid Marvel—2114 (+0) --heavy Facebook user

72 (70). Matthew E—2088 (+0) --no data

76 (75). Omni Craig—1862 (+0) --no data

77 (76). Pariscub—1841 (+0) --heavy Facebook user

78. Ghost of Numf El—1743 (+0) --no data

79. Tromium—1683 (+0) --I think she gave up on the LSH (and us along with it?)

81. Leap Year Lord—1622 (+0) --alt. ID

82. Star Boy—1615 (+0) --Vanished; his art is much-missed in BITS

83. minesurfer—1538 (+0) --no data

84. Space Ranger—1528 (+0) --alt. ID

85. walkwithcrowds—1465 (+0) --a frequent poster when he arrived, but vanished entirely now

87. Everyday Girl—1374 (+0) --alt. ID

90. PolarBoy—1232 (+0) --no data

96. Bicycle Repair Man—1069 (+0) --no data

97. armsfalloffboy—1059 (+0) --there's two on this list; Don't know who is who but I think this was the AFOB from way back; no real data

98.THE LABRADORIAN—970 (+0) --pops up infrequently

99. 235 - Andy S—969 (+0) --vanished years ago

That's what I know. I do wonder about out old vanished friends every time I see this list updated, so I thought this might help anyone else who does. Sorry about all the "no data"s...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Thanks for posting the above list, Lash. It's good to know that some old friends are active elsewhere.

Although the list might give the impression that posters are running for the door, it's been my experience in every club or organization that I've belonged to that people just move on after awhile. (And it took me a long time to realize this, in part, because the LSH always "hangs on" to everybody who ever joins. Even members who are demoted to the reserves don't go away forever. Except in the case of deceased Legionnaires such as Ferro Lad and Invisible Kid, few LSH characters drop out of sight for good.)

On the other hand, what's interesting to me in regards to the current Hot 100 is how the Top 40, in particular, remakes/replenishes itself. Five posters (Set, Sarcasm Kid, Sharky, fk, and Pb) have entered the Top 40 in recent months, whereas the list was static for some time.

The decade from 41-50 remains a volatile place, with three more posters now "bubbling" beneath the Top 40, as they say in chart lingo.

In the bottom 50, things look much more static, but that's typical in a large list. I find it encouraging to see posters like Legion Tracker and now Kid Charlemagne enter and move up the chart. There's more going on here than people just posting to get a higher position. Their level of activity shows a sense of commitment to this fan community.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Crazy news brings back posters... both Ultra Jorge and Pariscub shan't be in the ZERO POSTS club next month [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Back in 2004 we did a little project where some of us (mostly me) emailed a few people to say "hey we're on Legion World, come join us!". This was mostly old LMBers we hadn't heard from in awhile. I know it's what brought Yellow Kid to LW.

Maybe we should do that again? Shoot out a few emails saying "hey, just want to let you know we're still around and would love for you to stop in" or something like that?

Sounds like a job for LMB leader. [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Love this idea!!!! *looks to Rockhopper Lad, stares*

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
speak of the devil, Pariscub just showed up and posted once here in the DC #1 thread. [LOL]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  56  57  58   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.