Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 29)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sean

We cant book into the B&B in SD until 15.00. So If, as I think, its about 300 miles then allowing for me getting lost and stuff [Smile] thats a four or five hour journey. Working back from that I was thinking of leaving around 9.00/10.00 in the morning. Would that be too late?

Julio [Frown] I'll miss you. fingers crossed it works out for you. But if not we'll have to have an east coast get together next year and all come to see you. !!! [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Scott, as appealing as it would be to have a full day's cushion, San D is a pricier place to add an extra night to. If we were going to have an extremely extravagent display, it'd make sense.

Plus if I go with Far and Gig, I can be navigator, since I know the way.

Far, that timing sounds perfect. Pencil me in (I'll let you know for sure as we get closer to the event).

Vee, I am sorry to hear that. Health does come first. I might be able to get you an Exhibitor badge at the last moment, if you can make it.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I've finalized my plans. I'll be flying into San Diego around noon on the 23rd, and I've reserved a car rental for the stay. No van this time, just a mid-size, with a nav system in case kent is in another car [Razz] so it seems like we'll have plenty of transportation availabe this time. I count at least three vehicles with the possibility of one or two more, so transportation for away from the con activities shouldn't be a problem.

Julio, get healthy, Smoothie, you're at the top of my list of people I want to get together with in SD, but your health and well being come first.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Which one of you lucky devils is going to let me crash in your room and split the hotel costs for those days? [Big Grin]

Married couples--I'll be sleeping between you in your bed.

Cali + friends--I'll be sleeping with you all in your beds [Wink]

If not, its "Hey Mr. Levitz, I love your Legion run, and guess what? I'm bunking with you buddy! Now tell me again what that whole Magic Wars thing was about... Where's Giff? Is he up? Lets go raid his room!"

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I got registered for 5 days - that's a good news - yEAAHHH!!!

But bad news - I am still struggling to find a place to stay...hotels are full. been trying to figure out how to get around...*sigh* so I am still working on it. Yeah I will be alone...costs a lot of money...so had to find the place where I can afford. Will keep you guys posted.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well Cobie, I've got a double booked, with no roommate yet. You're welcome to crash there. But leave the sheep at home.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
If not, its "Hey Mr. Levitz, I love your Legion run, and guess what? I'm bunking with you buddy! Now tell me again what that whole Magic Wars thing was about... Where's Giff? Is he up? Lets go raid his room!"

Someone needs to start writing this one up in Bits immediately.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Well Cobie, I've got a double booked, with no roommate yet. You're welcome to crash there. But leave the sheep at home.

Yay! You're the best Ceej! Now I can book my flight as I have somewhere to stay! I'll let you know how that goes and what my flight details look like...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
For anyone who doesn't peruse other sections of Legion World...

I've got a shop that will make t-shirts with a Legion crest embroidered on them. I can place an order by the end of April, and we'll have them for the convention. Black tees, a variety of sizes, cost is $16 a shirt.

Anyone interested send me a PM.

-

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I highly recommend people take up CJ on his offer!
It would be way cool, and have a more visible presence as LWers.

And, we'd be easier to spot each other in the crowds/in lines/etc... especially those of you who haven't met any/many of us before - we can recognize each other in a jiffy!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

Wasn't there a source for Legionworld.Net gear (including teeshirts) somewhere?

Or am I remembering an elseworlds thingie? [ROTFLMAO]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, here's a deal for someone (or somefour). Last year, I booked two hotel rooms. I, of course, can only sleep in one and got roommates. That leaves the other one empty.

I'd be happy to transfer ownership of said hotel room to someone. It's a Ramada within easy walking distance (830 6th Avenue if you want to Mapquest it -- not on the official shuttle route but probably very close to a stop). The total will be $2,085.36 for Wednesday-Monday. It's got two queen beds, so room for up to four, which would make it pretty cost effective (for San Diego).

First person to PM me, I'll work on getting the room in your name (and on your credit card) and put you in touch with other people who PM'd me so you can get roommates.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[QB]Which one of you lucky devils is going to let me crash in your room and split the hotel costs for those days? [Big Grin]

Married couples--I'll be sleeping between you in your bed.

[QB]

Gigi says thats fine Cobalt. [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Seymour, thats an awesome offer and I hope someone takes you up on it! CJ already contacted me via PM, and I'll be rocking out with him.

That is, if I'm not in some alley somewhere with lotus fruit.

Abin Quank

So what days are you planning to be there Cobester?

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.