Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobalt flies in>

I'm here Lardy! I checked my Lounge to try to heal the injured but everyone is dead. Murdered.

If I know the Bee this is all a distraction. This swarm will pass and then start up again. He's toying with us.

The Bee is immensely powerful: the full extent of his powers have not yet been discovered. He once fought the entire LMB. If you think the bee stings hurt, when he touches you it's a pain unlike any other; we theorize it makes your brain feel your pain sensors overload to the point where your body starts to shut down.

But his greatest power is he is undetectable. We don't know how but both magic and technology can't locate him or film him. Even x-ray vision doesn't work. You can't hear him or smell him.

This isn't going to be easy.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Exo-armor's force-shield is keeping the bees off me...for now. <shakes head> Just great! Dev's swooped off with Tempest while she's supposed to be rooting out the source! How could I have ever had so much faith in him?!?!

<Cobalt lands and Lardy listens to him> Well, Des, what the sprock worked last time?!!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Tempest listens to Dev Em.)

All right, I will need some altitude. Stay here, until I give you the word.

(She flies through the sky, when she stops, she hovers with her eyes closed. The bees come after her, but as they get near her, the go up like a little white firecrackers. She spins her arms and hands in the air, then, large fangs appears behind her. The giant maw opens it's mouth and a small vortex effect occurs. Then, what seems to be thousands upon thousands of bees, go unwilling into the maw. Tempest moves her hands, the maw closes and turns into a sphere of containment.)

NOW, DEV!!!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev lights up his vision as intense as he can. The orb is glowing red hot, and the sound coming from within is a hidious sound that none want to hear again.

"Get back down there and find HIM. I see another swarm headed towards mid town...I'm going to do what I can to help out there."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Tempest flies down to Cobalt and Lardy.)

I don't admit to not being able to handle something, but Red Bee is hidden from the winds and magic. I can't sense him...perhaps a telepath?

Besides, I have trained with great medium...you should see the souls...

(Becomes silent, she looks at the two men, her eyes glisten.)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt Kid hears Dev over his com-link, "Dev to Cobie. I'm going to try to find Power Boy. He said something earlier about what he wasn;t able to sense...maybe thatt can help us. Dev out."
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev lands with Power Boy.

"I hope he can help find Red Bee. If not he can at least help you guys stay safe and battle once you do find him. You'll have enoughfun soon enough Power Boy..."

He looks at Tempest. "Keep these two idiots safe till they figure something out...thanks."

Dev flies off once again. Cobie does notice however that Dev is moving just a little slower than usual, and they all can see theat his heat vision is becoming less intense.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<Cobie watches Dev leave>

Is it the bees blocking out the sun? Or something else? Dev seems to be getting weaker.

<Cobie doesn't look up from his omni-com>

Speaking of which, you're being too hard on him and taking it too personally. Dev was doing the same as us, going with what he believed in. You're going to have to forgive him.

<before Lardy can responde Cobie cuts him off>

Found it. Here is the file on the first defeat of the Red Bee. You can see it was a combination of trickery and wearing him down that did him in. That trick won't work a second time.

The Bee has a calm, cold demeanor but when pushed he's crazy. That's something we can rely on.

I can still remember what he did to us. What that bastard did to Lolita. All the killing and destruction.

<lifts up shirt revealing washboard abs carved out of stone; among them is a scar from a bullet>

He shot both Eryk and myself. Went all the way through, leaving me this scar. I've always suspected that is why Eryk pulled back from being such an important part of LMBP missions on Legion World. It scarred us all in a way.

The second time he attacked he killed Space Ranger. Everyday Girl brought him by shooting through both knee caps but I've suspected he allowed her to do it; he was gloating over killing Space Ranger and getting caught allowed him to do it to the fullest effect.

I suggest everyone familiarize yourselves with the Red Bee's history by viewing the history of the LMBP. He almost destroyed us in "The Good, the Dark and the Dead" and once again by helping our enemies in "Infinite Crisis".

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev flew as fast as he could. He felt as if he was fighting against a tidal wave. There was nothing to hit, nothing to reason with, just continuous waves of bees coming from somewhere. He had been off planet when the LMB had faought Red Bee previously...but he had reviewed the files and understood that it had not been easy to stop him the last time.

He saw a swarm heading for a group of people trying to get into a building they thought would give them shelter.

"Everyone Down!" He yelled and unleashed his heat vision again.

His eyes were starting to hurt from the strain of using it so much.

He destroyed most of the swarm, at least enough to stop them from killing the group as they scuttled into the building.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Wait, hold on. It's stopped.

<flies higher into the sky to look>

Just as quickly as it began, it seems.

Something is happening downtown. Lardy, are you heading down there?

<flies over to the Red Bee's message>

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev sees the bees disappear and flies up to get a better view of the city.

From there he sees the message.

"Great."

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Hot Chick lands setting down Furball and Lolita.

Furball looks at the front of the Security building..."Bloody Liberty...A bunch of bees did that?"

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<thinks> This is big. Beyond big. My first big case as Chief, and I don't know what to do. Give me someone to hit...I'm fine. But huge swarms of mutant killer bees? If that was the Red Bee's opening salvo, I don't even wanna know what phase two might bring...

The Lard Bots. If I deploy all two thousand of them, they might be able to find him...

Lords, my fellow LMBers are practically ready to crucify me for even having them built! If I actually dare to deploy them, even in an our of great need, will they understand? Well, maybe Power Boy will come through for us, and I won't have to...

<looks at Hot Chick> What would they think if they new she was Kalla Hrykos? I know all-too-well she's incredibly dangerous. And I've no choice but to let her walk among us. She could ruin me. I'm lucky Cobie hasn't put two and two together, especially with the use of her light powers.

Wait! Kalla told me she knows some things about this op from the Dark Oval's role. Maybe she can help me find the Bee...

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev lands in front of the headquarters. He takes Furball off to the side for a moment of privacy and the two are obviously not agreeing on whatever they are talking about.

Furball throws his arms up, turns and walks away. All anyone hears is him saying, "I'm not responsible for what happens then." As he walks away, he a huge dent into a already horribly damaged portion of one of the walls.

Dev looks totally exhausted...he looks up and sees Lardy. He takes a step like he is going to fly up and talk to him, and just closes his eyes instead, sighs and walks over to a wall and leans against it.

His features change and he looks human, except for the slight orange tinge he always has. He rubs his forehead wih his hand. He then pulls out his omni com and starts looking for something in it's memory.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<notices Dev & ponders what he did> If we weren't in such dire straits right now, I'd have him locked up. Maybe Cobie just thinks differently than me, but it's one thing to express a differing opinion and another to betray your sworn duty! Some would say it's a fine line, but to me the difference is like night and day. How could you, Dev? How could you undermine someone who showed you all the faith in the world?

<closes eyes and shakes head>

--------------------

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.