Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I was referring not to California, but our beloved Caliente, who does come from California. Of course, in heraldry, "Or" means gold.

Oh, and thank space we're finally on a page where the proportions are right again!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I've seen her avatar, but we've never been introduced. Also I was out of cookies and too lazy to brush my hair. [blush]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
She's been around a bit lately, though she's been less active in recent months than she has been. She's fabulous. Like you, she is also an actual woman, of whom there are relatively few around here.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Then I should probably brush my teeth, too. :/

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
That sounds like a good idea regardless of who is around.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Let's hear it for the toothbrush!

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay, Toothbrush!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
What Is the Right Way to Brush?
Proper brushing takes at least two minutes — that's right, 120 seconds! Most adults do not come close to brushing that long. To get a feel for the time involved, try using a stopwatch. To properly brush your teeth, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gumline, hard-to-reach back teeth and areas around fillings, crowns or other restoration. Concentrate on thoroughly cleaning each section as follows:

Clean the outer surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the chewing surfaces
For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue, too

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My dentist also recommended using up-and-down strokes instead of side-to-side strokes. The latter, he said, just moves the dirt around instead of getting rid of it.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Does anyone else remember "The Toothbrush Family" that was on during Captain Kangaroo in the '70s?

--------------------

Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember Mr. Green Jeans...

[ January 05, 2009, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Arm Fall Off Boy ]

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I knew Mr. Green Jeans. Mr. Green Jeans was my friends. You, sir, are no Mr. Green Jeans.

--------------------

cleome46

PING PONG BALLS !!!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

That silly Mr. Moose!

Actually, Mr. Moose had one of the funniest lines ever said on TV. Bunny Rabbit had won some contest or something and he could have had all sorts of cool stuff, but he refused because it would have meant leaving the Captain's Place. As he and Mr. Moose went down into the hutch, Mr. Moose said, "And we could have had a real swimming pool! With real water, instead of this stuff we use now!"

Thirty-some years later I still find that hilarious.

--------------------

cleome46

Oh, yeah. And who could forget the wrought-up anti-Minimalism critique (in disguise) from Sesame Street ?

Ernie [holds up a sheet of white paper]: Okay, Bert. Guess what this is a picture of ?

Bert: Don't be silly, Ernie. The page is absolutely blank.

Ernie: Bert, this is a picture of a cow eating grass.

Bert: I don't see any grass.

Ernie: Of course you don't. The cow ate it.

Bert: I don't see any cow !

Ernie: Well, after she ate the grass, she went home !

Bert: [rolls eyes] Of course. She went home.

--------------------

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.