Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to go, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to swing it this year or not...

Haven't had a chance to see if I can book a place or not yet... and it sounds like it might be prohibitively expensive now....

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm gonna try to make it, since at least one of my good friends is gonna be there. The same friend I hung out with at WWCC 07.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
I am going to fly out to go. I am going to the Orlando Con next weekend.

This will be the first year I go for both.

I hope to run into Barry Kitson so he can do a sketch for me of Dreamer.

I want to also ask Waid what his long-term plans were for Dreamer and why he "killed" her in the first place.

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well plans continue to develop.
We have now booked rooms at the Luxor, Las Vegas for the 20th 21st and 22 travelling down to San Diego for the 23rd. Rates seemed reasonable as well at $70 per room per night.
Now all we need to do is sort out transfers between the two and flights to the USA.
So Scott if that offer to car share is still on we might need to take you up. Or if any one else’s plans fit in with these dates and they fancy a car share deal let me know.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Funny. I was thinking of the Luxor for us as well but haven't booked it yet. Probably just for the night of the 21st though as our check-in date is the 22nd. Is you check-in in San Diego set for the 23rd? Don't mind you guys hitching from LV but I don't want you to get to SD a day early with no place to stay.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Far, Scott-
I might be up for a night or two in Vegas, and a ride to San D.

The Luxor is very cool. Good choice, Far. It would be my first choice for Vegas hotels, having seen several of them.

I haven't booked my trip, but I may be able to add Vegas (or even Salt Lake City? what do you think, Scott? Caroline?) to my itinerary.

I started to volunteer to carpool on the 23rd, but I'm not sure what time I have to be on the Con floor Wednesday for preview night, and how much set-up we (I) have to do.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sean, I've booked us into the Luxor for Sunday and Monday. We'll be leaving SLC early Sunday, maybe around 6 AM. So depending on your schedule you are more than welcome to drive with us to Vegas. And, as I said before, we'll be leaving Vegas early Tuesday since our condo check-in is 3:00 PM for Tuesday. I'm not sure if that's too early for you, Darden and Jen. If not, I'm sure we can squeeze the three of you in the back seat. You just have to put up with my XM radio choice which is usually 150 (uncensored comedy). [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Proty is getting full.

I should be getting into SD Wednesday morning. Let me know when and where to meet and I can help with the table set up.

Were we planning to have something at the table, or is it just a meeting place? I figure Scott will display his Lightning Lad outfit, and Jen will show off her Duo Damsel duds.

[ March 11, 2008, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
... but I'm not sure what time I have to be on the Con floor Wednesday for preview night, and how much set-up we (I) have to do.

Keep us updated on this. I'm only in LA and planning to take Wednesday off from work altogether (provided I still have a job), so I could probably be around to help out with setup.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll also be in town early enough to assist with setup if you want some help
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Far, Scott-
I might be up for a night or two in Vegas, and a ride to San D.

The Luxor is very cool. Good choice, Far. It would be my first choice for Vegas hotels, having seen several of them.

I haven't booked my trip, but I may be able to add Vegas (or even Salt Lake City? what do you think, Scott? Caroline?) to my itinerary.

I started to volunteer to carpool on the 23rd, but I'm not sure what time I have to be on the Con floor Wednesday for preview night, and how much set-up we (I) have to do.

Sean it looks like we wont be travelling to SD until the 23rd (just a bit too awkward to change and add dates and stuff) so if you are in the area and want to car pool let me know and we can see what we can do.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

And that goes for anyone else as well. [Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Between Con requirements and likely set-up time (I can't imagine we'll have a complex set-up), as long as I arrive in San D by mid-afternoon I'd be happy. That would give me time to settle in, rendez-vous with Dedman and Director Lad, and handle set-up without being in a mad rush.

Far, roughly what time were you guys planning to depart Vegas Wednesday morning? If I'm to go along, a late morning departure would not work for me.

Also-
If anyone wants to switch regular Con membership over to an Exhibitor badge, one has to refund their current memberships (I have a phone # for people to call), and I can book extra Exibitor badges by a special form they're sending me.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
After my extended stay in the hospital, it's not looking good for me to be able to make it out there this year. If I manage to do so it will be at the last minute and, quite honestly, I doubt there will be tickets available at such a late date. I do have a hotel reservation, which I'll wait to cancel until the last moment but am not buying airline or con tickets at this point.

I was so looking forward to it too [Frown]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

It won't be the same without you Julio. [Frown] But I can understand the financial pressure.

Sean, we are still leaving on Tuesday morning so you are more than welcome to ride into SD with us, unless Tuesday is too early.

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.