Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The TOP 5 Posters Club! (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  39  40  41   
Author Topic: The TOP 5 Posters Club!
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
"Step up to Red Alert"
"Sir, are you absolutely sure - It does mean changing the bulb"

Kryten points out a small limitation in the Starbug Alert system to Rimmer

[ August 12, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Yakko : An anvil's black and shiny
Dot : It's very heavy too
Wakko : So watch out, my chubby friend
YW+D : Or one will fall on you!
Baloney: (spoken) On me? Heh hah huh huh!
(CLANG!)

Dot : (spoken) That wasn't pretty.
Yakko : But it had to be done.
Baloney: Heh huh huh huh huh! Great song! Heh huh huh huh!
Neato completo yippie!
Wakko : It's unstoppable!!!
Yakko : Call in the National Guard!
Dot : Or Tonya Harding's bodyguard!
Baloney: Let's sing it again! I lovey-dovey loved it!
YW+D : OK!

Yakko : It's made of solid iron
Dot : It weighs a ton or two
Wakko : We know you'd like to meet it
YW+D : It wants to meet you too!
Baloney: Huh hu--
(CLANG!)

Baloney: (spoken) Yay! Let's do it again!
Yakko : Now it's gettin' scary.

Even the Animainiacs have their superiors in annoyance.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

"Therefore I pass my full account of the war to you, the Prince of Wales"
"'We won, signed Wellington.'"

The Duke of Wellington was clearly a model of conciseness.

--------------------

Reboot

"Skipper?"
"A man like him deserves a nickname. I thought "Skipper" sat rather well."
"'Ace and Skipper?' You sound like a kid's TV series about a boy and his bush kangaroo!"

Rimmer thinks Ace's new nickname for Lister sits rather poorly, really.

--------------------

Reboot

"I understand you played an idiotic prank on a senior and much respected
officer yesterday."
"That is just not true, sir. We played a prank on Mister Ackerman, sir - Oh, I *see*..."
"What happenned?"
"We inserted a capsule of the truth serum, sodium pentathol, into his asthma inhaler, sir."
"Ah, which is why he rushed onto the bridge this morning, apologised for being late, saying he'd been having 'jiggy-jiggy' with the Science Officer's wife, and hadn't allowed enough time to change out of his Batman outfit..."

Rimmer & Lister are in trouble with the Captain [Smile]

--------------------

Reboot

"They're dead, Dave."
"Who is?"
"Everybody, Dave."
"What, Captain Hollister?"
"Everybody's dead, Dave."
"What, Todhunter?"
"Everybody's dead, Dave."
"What, Selby?"
"They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave."
"Petersen isn't, is he?"
"Everybody is *dead*, Dave."
"Not Chen?"
"Gordon Bennett! Yes! Chen, everybody. Everybody's dead, Dave."
"Rimmer?"
"He's dead, Dave. Everybody's dead. Everybody is dead, Dave!"
"Wait. Are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?"
"I wish I'd never let him out in the first place."

Holly has some trouble trying to wrap Lister's head around the concept of "everybody's dead"

--------------------

Reboot

"So we can't touch anything?"
"Nothing electrical. Not until we get the all clear."
"How longs that going to take?"
"God knows."
"Milk shake and a crispy bar. We were just playing poker tonight. That's gone for a burn."
Auto destruct sequence initiated. Initiated destruction in 15 minutes. 14 minutes, 55 seconds and counting.
"That's a very dumb thing you just did then."
"I Know. I wasn't thinking."

Lister does a very dumb thing, while telling the Cat not to do very dumb things.

--------------------

Reboot

"Ahhh, Ace Rimmer - might one enquire how you escaped your bonds?"
"Just had to dislocate both shoulders, pop 'em behind my ears and slip between the ropes. Of course, it's gonna take major orthopaedic surgery to put them back, but rest assured: that won't stop me from rescuing the Princess Bonjella."

Ace escapes another diabolical death-trap

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
this really is a great topic for random posting to boost your post counts innit?
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

"Maybe, maybe, OK? Breaking your leg hurts like hell, OK? "Hel." They do it below the knee, "lo." "Hel-lo," gettit? They do it twice -- twice, "two." "Hello two." And the jigsaw must mean "you." "Hello to you."
"I wouldn't like to be around when one of these suckers is making a speech!"

Rimmer theorises on the speech patterns of aliens

--------------------

Reboot

"Legion: may I be frank? It's not often we meet an individual who we feel could improve our already pretty damn fine top-notch team. But in you, we feel we have. In all our travels, we have met precisely thirty-one individuals: three one. And we have never felt moved to invite a single one to join our crew. True, most of them wanted in some way to suck out our brains, or erase us from history altogether. Nevertheless, they still weren't what we would consider The Right Stuff. We feel that you are different. We feel that you, like us, have the courage and the dignity it takes to make it as a Dwarfer."
[...]
"Mr Rimmer, I am moved by the eloquence of your invitation, but it is quite impossible for me to leave the confines of the institute."
"It was Lister, wasn't it? He put you off."
"Is there nothing we can do to change your mind?"
"Absolutely."
"Then I'm afraid we must bid you farewell. We have a long journey ahead of us."
"Nonsense. You have no journey at all, my friends. I insist you stay here with me. You will be my honoured guests - from now until the day you die."
"*sigh* Thirty-two."

Rimmer (with an interjection or two from Kryten), tries to talk Legion [heh] into joining the Red Dwarf crew

--------------------

Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Sonnie Boy:
this really is a great topic for random posting to boost your post counts innit?

Ya think? [Razz]

[And to think I was wondering where all those posts on other people's accounts were coming from [Razz] ]

--------------------

Reboot

"Our biggest enemy is going space crazy through loneliness. The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

Holly muses on "sanity"

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
not that I mind, Red dwarf rocks! (apart from the last two series which weren't up to scratch IMO, but prior to that......)
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

"Umm... has anybody seen my legs? They don't appear to be below my waist where I normally keep them."
"Holly, what's happened to Rimmer's legs?"
"Here they are right here!"
"Stop them!"
"C'mon, leggies, this way! Over here."
"It must have been 592. That's where the Hologram Simulation Suite is!"
"What does this mean?"
"It's probably not serious, don't panic."
"Well, when it's not serious when your genitals can go wandering off on their own, I wonder what is?"

Rimmer has some problems with his waistline

--------------------

This topic comprises 41 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  39  40  41   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.