Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 27)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
MYG
Once a Legionnaire...always a Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MYG   Email MYG         Edit/Delete Post     
***UPDATE***

Name: Kenny

Family status: Engaged (getting married this October!)

Occupation that pays the rent: Government

Legion Claim To Fame: I met Paul Levitz at a convention in the late 90's. I also own a copy of Adventure Comics issue# 246.

First Legion Story: Probably Superboy & the Legion of Superheroes issue#246 (1978).

Regular reader since: 1980 (Almost 25 years?!?)

Favorite Legion Era: Levitz/Giffen.

Favorite Legion artist: Giffen

Favorite Story: "The Great Darkness Saga"

Favorite Legionnaires: Timberwolf, Dawnstar, Rond Vidar(He was a cool Green Latern), Myg(kid had attitude), Grev Mallor(Tasmia's Cousin was cool too) and Ayla Ranzz.

Also regularly read: Avengers, Teen Titans & JLA

Formerly read: Everything Marvel and DC at one time or another.

Favorite movies: The Breakfast Club, the "Friday the 13th" and "Halloween" flicks, the X-Men movies.

TV: The Honeymooners!!!, Eight is Enough, the Sopranos, Real World.

Books: Most Stephen King novels.

Music: 60's(rock, folk, Motown), 80's, 90's, Freestyle/club.

Sports: Mets AND Yankees, Hockey, Ultimate Fighting, Boxing.

Current obsession: Everything Legion...and I have ALMOST EVERYTHING Legion dating back to Adventure Comics issue# 246.

[ July 11, 2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: MYG ]

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!!!

From: Sayreville, NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANIMEAvenger
Rookie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANIMEAvenger   Author's Homepage   Email ANIMEAvenger         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: ANIMEAvenger

Marital status: single

First Legion Story: EEK! can't quite remember. *hangs head in shame* er...i remember it was late 70's-early 80's era ish that had Superboy and Supergirl in it (yeah i know, REAL help that is).

Reader since: late 70's/early 1980's on and off

Favorite Legion Era: Levitz/Giffen.

Favorite Legion artist: Giffen

Favorite Legionnaires: Superboy, Supergirl, Laurel Kent, Princess Projectra, Mon-El and Braniac 5.

Favorite isssue: The Great Darkness saga!

Other regularly reads: All Superman titles, Wonder Woman, SUPERMAN/BATMAN, JSA, JLA, Teen Titans, Ultimate Fantastic Four and other type of DC trades or specials when available.

Favorite movies: Superman 1 and 2, Supergirl, Batman 1 and 2, Spawn, X-MEN 1 and 2, Spider-man 1 and 2.

Music: Madonna (she's #1 BABY!!!), Prodigy and Marilyn Manson...ect.

Past time hobbies: Drawing paticularly within the Bruce Timm JL Animated type style, watchin Timm Animated style toon series, Japanese Manga and ANIME...ect.

AA

--------------------
Look! Up in the sky!

From: New Krypton! | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Eek! 25 years old and you were reading Legion in the late 70's?

Good pre-schools there in western Oz.

I have a Legion memory softspot in Oz. When I was a kid, my local drug store stopped carrying. So I thought, being just a kid, that the book just no longer existed. Twenty five years later while traveling through Townsville I saw an outside spinner rack with LSH. This turned out to be much to my then girlfriend's chagrin as I immediately started buying up every back copy I could find and spent the rest of my evenings on the hostel beds reading comics.

I still have the books but lost a dutch gymnast girlfriend that could do some amazing things.

Oh well.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Red Bee
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Red Bee   Email The Red Bee         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: James Davis

Marital Status: Married with lil' ones

Favorite Comics: Legion, JSA, Starman and Thor from Marvel

Legion Reader Since: #1 of the Baxter run, and still stuck being nostalgic for it.

Favorite stories: All of Levitz (especially Great Darkness) and the first thirty issues of TMK.

Favorite Legionnaires: Duo Damsel and Bouncing Boy! And Cosmic Boy.

After a couple months of lurking, I've decided to post a little. I'll try to jump into this madness when I can [Big Grin]

From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Great to see you, Red Bee! Post a little, post a lot!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CreativityKid
Legion of Substitute Heroes Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CreativityKid   Email CreativityKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion Code Name: CreativityKid

Base of Operations: Pawtucket, Rhode Island, Earth

Legion since: #280 (part of the "Who Is Reflecto?" story arc)

Favorite Legionnaires: Invisible Kid, Matter-Eater Lad, Wildfire

From: Pawtucket, RI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, CK! you, me and Obadiah Oldbuck are all reporters!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nekogami
Catgod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nekogami   Email Nekogami         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: James
Where I live: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
What I do: Wish I could find a new job. [Invisible Kid]

Legion info: Started reading back in the 80s - with the 50s, 60s, and 70s runs. Picked it up again with the Zero Hour reboot, dropped it for lack of funds a bit later, picking it up again now. Favourite characters... Hmm. Classic team: Shrinking Violet [Shrinking Violet] , Mon-El, Bouncing Boy, Ferro Lad, Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel, Matter-Eater Lad, Collossal Boy. Postboot: Vi [Shrinking Violet] , Kinetix, Valor, Ferro, Apparition, Superboy (I've never liked that SuperX hung with the Legion, but I like the story behind the current one being there.), Triad. The 60s hold a place of fondness in my heart, but I really like the Postboot version - if for no other reason than the decades of the 20th century titles messing up continuity have been cleaned up.

Other things I like: I'm a gamer, which ate up most of my free time when I was working. Beyond that I'm a general geek - I like comics, animation (particularly, but not limited to Japanese), SF/F books/movies/etc. I listen to a lot of different music (J-Pop, Goth, Metal, Top 40, Classic Rock, Folk, some Classical...I could go on.)...

I can't think of anything else potentially of interest, so... I guess I'll sign off now.

[ July 14, 2004, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Nekogami ]

--------------------
I want a flight ring!

From: Canada, Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:

Hey I was a reporter, editor, and cartoonist for my college paper and a reporter for comics2film.com! Maybe its time to open the Daily Planet 3004?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
quote:

Hey I was a reporter, editor, and cartoonist for my college paper and a reporter for comics2film.com! Maybe its time to open the Daily Planet 3004?
I was the editor/reporter/typesetter/photographer for a small town weekly for two years. Also served as the only two year editor of my school paper and taught the journalism class my senior year when our teacher was activated to Panama in the 80's.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nekogami:

Other things I like: I'm a gamer

That being the case, have you tried out City of Heroes yet? It's awesome! There is a group of us from Legion World that play it regularly and we have a great time. Check out the "Your Chance to be a Legionnaire" thread on the Legion Forum here on Legion World for more info. You can go there by clicking here.

Hope you'll be able to join us sometime!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
quote:

That being the case, have you tried out City of Heroes yet? It's awesome! There is a group of us from Legion World that play it regularly and we have a great time. Check out the "Your Chance to be a Legionnaire" thread on the Legion Forum here on Legion World for more info. You can go there by clicking here.

Vee ought to be on NCsoft's payroll. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nekogami
Catgod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nekogami   Email Nekogami         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
That being the case, have you tried out City of Heroes yet? It's awesome!

So I've heard. Sadly, I can't afford an MMORPG ATM. If I ever CAN afford one, CoH will no doubt be it, but it'll be a while for that.

--------------------
I want a flight ring!

From: Canada, Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
quote:

Vee ought to be on NCsoft's payroll. [Big Grin]
And what makes you think I'm not? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning lad:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

I was the editor/reporter/typesetter/photographer for a small town weekly for two years. Also served as the only two year editor of my school paper and taught the journalism class my senior year when our teacher was activated to Panama in the 80's.

Gosh! And I'm in charge of all the news in my school paper!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.