Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Yo, easy there, Jose... nobody except the ladies gets to touch the fin... "

SharkLad looks around suspiciously.

"So, have you seen Dev Em?"

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev walks in. "Hey Jose. Did the Chief say when he would be back?"

He sees Shark Lad standing there, "Thanks for coming Sharky. Furball is a little different from the last time you two went at it...or at least he's letting everyone finally see his human form. We need them brought in. So far we know that Furball, Cobie, Ex and Power Boy are together in this...I have a feeling that there are others, but it's nothing I can prove yet."

Dev sees Tempest and nods to her. "Hello, I don't believe we've met. I'm Dev Em, one of the main operatives here on Legion World now. I spent some time among the Security Office before, but took some time off to relax with my family, so I am trying to get to know everyone again."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Hey, Dev... so what's different about Furball this time? He actually took a bath?"

SharkLad waits for Dev to react but can tell from the expression on his face that things are pretty serious.

"So, anyway... where do we start looking for the Fur-some Four?"

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Tempest looks at Zardi, the faintest hint if disgust in her face.)

He's an unusual one...can't put my finger on it.

My dear, I have no intention to open a portal to Avalon. That sacred Isle is bound by magic beyond mere understanding. As such, to open any sort of path there to here, could be dangerous. As we have seen in the past.

What I was doing was enhancing the space given to me. I am afraid I am not a light traveler, so a bit craft was need to fit all my things.

Now, you are hunting Cobalt Kid? How interesting, give your boss a little memo. Tell him, that I will deeply consider getting into the affairs that seem to be developing.

(Tempest turns to head out the door, when she sees Dev Em and Shark Lad. Dev Em introduces himself to her.)

In many ways, I too was a member of the Security Office.

(Smiles. Then she frowns, her eyes blank out.)

I also tried to destroy this planet a few times, as it seems.

(She looks to him.)

Things certainly look different with a bit of perspective. These are new days and we require a new path, myself included.
It is nice to meet you.

No if you will both excuse me, I need to change and run a few errands.

[ February 28, 2011, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Tempest ]

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Watches Tempest exit.

"What was that all about?"

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev hears Sharklads words, but is curious about Tempest.

She leaves the room and he is left to ponder her words.

He shakes his head and looks back at Sharklad. "Sorry man, I have no idea. As to Furball, well Furball is a different person than anyone thought. He has a human form...one that looks a whole lot like I did about 15 years ago. he's a partial clone (I guess that is the best way to describe it) of me, but his dna was splices with some Lupine dna our "mother" came across in her travels."

Dev motions for them to walk towards the cafeteria to sit down. He grabs a coffee and sits down.

"Our mother is not exactly the most nurturing of creatures. Sort of a mad scientist/geneticist type honestly. I was raised by my father on Daxam, and only met my mother when I was a teen. She came to find me...it now seems solely to get a sample of my genetic code. With that, she created Furball. He doesn;t have Daxamite level strength, and can only switch forms between his furball state and human form...so his Durlan ability is limited as well."

Dev paused to let what he had told Sharky so far sink in.

"She also did all kinds of experiments on him while he was still in her 'posession.' It was at that point my father and I found out about him and 'rescued' him from her. He lived with us on Daxam for a while, but his Were nature started to come out more often, and he seemed more confortable in his Fuzzed out form. It took us years to realize that it was due to the nature of Daxamites and their reaction to the red sun we lived under. Here, he has complete control over his changes and does what he wants with it. When that whole incident happened where we got changed several years back, he had been trying to get in touch with me and had heard that I was with the LMB. He decided to stick around and played the Furry sidekick/team mascot thing. I never understood it at the time. I think he was just more comfortable with nobody knowing his true nature."

Dev took a sip of his coffee sighed and continued, "I'm guessing about when ewe got here to Legion World, he decided to trust someone. He chose Cobie as he was the Chief of Security at the time. He did all kinds of ops for Cobie...I just found the files earlier today. He's been undercover for years, and the two of them have done some really dark ops over the years...all necessary stuff, but things that the general populacce doesn't usually want to know about. He told me about his true abilities a little after we got here. I knew he could shift forms, but thought he was more comfortable in his altered state and left him to himself. I mean, why would I think that my brother woas going on missions all over the galaxy for one of my oldest friends here."

"Trust me, there's more to tell you, but to keep it as short as possible I'll just say this. He's stronger than you think, smarter than you ever thought possible, and willing to do whatever he has to to get the job done. If he's abandoned the ruse he's been perpetrating to pretty much all of Legion World for whatever is going on...it's big. Maybe even bigger than Lardy thinks."

"As far as to where they are...I have an idea, but we need to wait for Lardy to get back and hopefully get a few more membersto report in before we move out."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

'Strange,' SharkLad thought, 'Dev's mom sounds a lot like mine. I wonder if there could be a connection.'

"That's a lot to take in, Dev. All this time, I thought Furball was basically harmless, annoying but harmless."

SharkLad debated whether or not to bring up the similarities between Dev's mother and his own. Sighing, SharkLad realized that if Dev could trust him, he should trust Dev.

"Listen, Dev, there's something I should tell you. My mother, Dr. Helena Aurelius, was a geneticist too. She 'created' me, along with a dozen or so other animal-human hybrids. She was shunned by the genetics community but that didn't stop her. The only thing that did ultimately put an end to her work was my 'sister,' Psychotic Beaver -- she killed our mother."

SharkLad paused. Even though it had been several years, his discovery of his mother's body still haunted him.

"There's a lot I don't know about my mother. Her lab on the Isla Larga planetoid disappeared a couple years back. Sprock, the whole planetoid disappeared. Otherwise, I'd suggest we go there and look for clues to whether there's a connection between our mothers and if there's anything in the lab that could help us take down Furball."

SharkLad's fin tingled.

"That's the second time my 'sharky-sense' has gone off today. Something big is about to happen. I hope I'm wrong but... I don't know, Dev. This is feeling too familiar."

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

"You know, I never thought of the possibility of a connection between our mothers, or the research that created what you two have become. I think we definately need to check into it."

Dev gets up from the table. "Let's see if we can figure out where they are. Where woukld Cobie go and think he was safe?"

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev Em and Shark Lad are walking through the halls of the Office os Security when Devs personal com-link goes off.

"Dev here. Okay. No...stay put. We'll be there shortly. Thanks."

He knows that Shark Lad is lookking at him ithout even turning his head back towards him.

"Okay. This is gonna sound odd, but I have to go home to get a piece of equipment that my son built for me. It is set up to detect abnirmal magnetic anomolies."

Shark Lad just looked at him quizically.

"Yes. He's three years old, and can barely talk in full sentences...but he can build anything he can think of, even if he cannot describe it. Usually it's little transforming robots that he sees in my collection of old television programs from a century or so ago." Dev's mind almost clicked on something that seemed to have some bearing on Jose, but he couldn't quite connect it.

"Anyway, I told him I was playing a hide and seek game with Uncle Des and I needed his help to find him. This is what I asked him to come up with. that was about an hour ago when my search for Lolita didn't pan out. So, I'll be back before you know it, and we'll have a tol to track our old friend."

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Comes in, wearing a fitted dark purple coat, bejeweled with amethysts. It's knee length, with black boots covering the rest of her legs. Her hands have black gloves on them, her moonstone still lays on her chest. Her hair is pulled up and off her neck in a bun, a small purple hat with white plume sits on her head.)

Hello, I have taken some time to think and believe that it would be best, that I help you with locating that Cobalt fellow.

(Looks at Shark Lad)

Any clues? Directions?

Anything?

[ February 28, 2011, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Tempest ]

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev returned with a small hand held machine.

"Hey Tempest. I know where they are...we've got to move fast though. I have a feeling they're going to be moving soon."

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<also entering, Sir Roy surprises them, wearing a mask resembling the one he once wore when he was the villainous Royal Inquisitor>

I'm also ready. The time for a reckoning is at hand.

And I will have vengeance.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Dev returned with a small hand held machine.

"Hey Tempest. I know where they are...we've got to move fast though. I have a feeling they're going to be moving soon."

(Points to her three inch heeled boots.)

Well, I am obviously wearing traveling footwear. Let's find the dirty lot.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow reports in, "I have followed them to outside a private residence. This clearly an upscale part of town, and I expect the security to be high. Please send Tempest as I think sending Dev all the time puts us at a tactical disadvantage."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev looks at him with a questioning eye.

"We need all the help we can get, so let's get moving."

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.