Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
aw, man. I really want to meet you guys.

I understand fiscal concerns but PleasePleasePlease do try! An Ultimate LW meet-up wouldn't be the same without you!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's too bad the "ultimate meet-up" had to happen in San Diego. <btw, not throwing any barbs here, as I know this has been planned forever> If we were ever to have a future "ultimate" meetup at the Heroes Convention in Charlotte I could easily make that one as my mom lives in that area. But that's part of the problem (albeit, one with much more of an upside) with the expansive nature of this fansite.

Maybe, someday, we could plan a "mini-ultimate" in Charlotte involving some of us MMBers who interact a lot. Or maybe I'll fall into some money. [sigh] For example, I've "known" Cobalt forever but despair that I'll ever actually meet him.

I sure would like to meet you guys, but I just don't have the disposable income for San Diego.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to see you there Lardy but understand the situation. Charlotte would be a great place to meet. I love that part of the country. So maybe one day.

I've gone ahead and gotten my 4 day pass. Still don't know if it'll be both Caroline and I or just me.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Raelly hoping we get to see you both Scott
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
How's this for a 180? We'll both be there! I just got a TERRIFIC offer through a friend for a 1 bd/1 ba condo 2 BLOCKS from the con! We need to find someone to check on our babies but now Caroline is excited about going.

And I'm extending an offer to host a barbecue on one night while we are there. This place has a rooftop barbecue area that we can use. Everyone can bring their own meat (or veg), drink and something to share and we can have a Legion World rooftop blowout!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
all right!

mega-cool!

It wouldn't be THE ultimate meet-up without you two (and Gary, but he has no excuse for not being there [Wink] )!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
WOOOOHOOOO!
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm looking for a bridge to sleep under.

Don't worry, I've done it before.

Gina Lola Bridge-a-da.

That was a fun summer.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
How's this for a 180? We'll both be there! I just got a TERRIFIC offer through a friend for a 1 bd/1 ba condo 2 BLOCKS from the con! We need to find someone to check on our babies but now Caroline is excited about going.

And I'm extending an offer to host a barbecue on one night while we are there. This place has a rooftop barbecue area that we can use. Everyone can bring their own meat (or veg), drink and something to share and we can have a Legion World rooftop blowout!

thats great Scott I'll bring the beer. [Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
OK now we need some help!

We have found and booked a place to stop, (and it seems to have more rooms free if anyone is still looking) Arriving in San Diego on the Wednesday and flying home on the Monday we are staying in the Heritage Park B&B in the old town (www.heritageparkinn.com)

Now as Jennifer is probably going to be a bit of a comic convention widow I am on the lookout for some ideas of things she can do on her own, whilst I am locked away in the con. If anyone is also brining a partner along who would prefer to sightsee rather than go to the con I’m sure we can set up meetings.

In terms of places to eat, again some hints would be welcome.

Still thinking of going to Las Vegas before San Diego for two or three days so if anyone is still planning on doing this maybe we could meet up there as well?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Caroline said she'd stay at the condo but I convinced her to come along and man the table for us. I need to someone to watch my laptop anyway. [Smile]

But I'm sure she and Jen can do something one of the days. Maybe Caroline can get her hooked on scrapbooking. [Big Grin]

As for Vegas, we plan on being there overnight for just one night, Monday. Our condo res starts Tuesday. If we are in town and work it around CJ's arrival I'll gladly be your taxi unless you guys are renting a vehicle. We, as usual, will be making the drive. Much more fun than flying. But I guess that Atlantic stretch would make it kind of hard for you guys. [Wink]

mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Faraway: Old Town is a lovely neighborhood and you could easily make a day of seeing it's sites. It has lots of little touristy shops, restaurants, galleries and a museum.

And of course there is the famous zoo, Sea World, the wild animal park, Legoland, the beach. Heck, now I want to blow off the convention!

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

I'll bring ice cream! Having never done the convention thing, how does it work? Most of the panels and things are done by 5pm? Will there be a Legion World roving party? Will SD quiver at the sound of our celebration?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Only non-chocolate sugar-free (Splenda only) ice cream allowed. [Wink]
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I finally registered for the con today, and sent a reservation request to the inn where Far and Gigglebot plan to stay.

I plan on flying into SD on the morning of the 23rd and back out on the morning of the 28th.

Unfortunately I'm going to be on a budget this year, so I won't be buying every back issue I can find on sunday, but other than that it looks to be a great vacation.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.