Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Paul

Base of Operations: I'm from Normandy but living near Paris (Noisy le Grand) since september 2003, that is to say in France.

Fun detail: my parents are living near Detroit! My father found a job there.

Occupation: at the moment, i'm in a company for 2 months to do graphic production (Photoshop, Flash MX).

Legion Fan since:
I used to live in a small city where i do not have acces to a comics shop.
I've been reading the credits months after months on the DC Comics website since 2001 and my access to the web, and i've always look at The Legion with envy among the other titles i like because it looks great.
Since i'm on Paris, i've discovered a french message boards on comics where people love "The Legion" and it reminds me that i can go looking now for the title.
So, it's only 2 months that i've been collecting issues of the serie (n°32 and 33) on a regular basis.
But the first issues i've read is Legion Lost since number one and then i've become a legion fan.

Favourite Legionnaire: i like them all, they are all great, there is no superstars among them, they are all well developped, that's a thing i like. Even if i have a preference for Live Wire. I like him a lot.(i suspect it's because i've only read Legion Lost, Legion Worlds and The Legion 1-27 for now, where he is well seen)

Favourite Legion Creators: Steve Lightle, Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning and Olivier Coipel (that's the only ones i've read until now, so....)

Favourite Legion stories: "Legion Lost"

Favourite Legion Era: i like them all, i'm collecting every issue i can find because i like the serie. Since i've started reading it, i like the characters, not an era in particular.

Legion claim to fame: meeting OLIVIER COIPEL on the 15th of May 2004 in Paris (he made me a superb Live Wire!)

Other series i like:
Flash, Green Lantern, JSA, JLA, Birds of Prey, Nightwing, Robin, Young Justice (before it was stopped), Batgirl, Sandman, 100 Bullets, Fables, Authority, Planetary, Hulk, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Punisher, Alias, Hellboy, Bone, Queen and Country.... I'm forgetting some for sure and i'm discovering others....

I also buy mangas and euh... I don't know how to translate that in a way you can understand the difference...maybe graphic albums (you know European books as those from Humanoids Publishing. However i know they are resized for you and the US market)...I like good stories no matter what the format is, that's all.

Here we have 2 types of books: comic books format and the graphic albums format.
If you use "comics" for all the books, that term "comics" is only used here as a reference to the US production as manga refers to the asian production.

I hope i've made it clear for everybody.

Favourite TV: "Buffy", "Angel", "Star Trek", "Ally McBeal", "Smallville", "Sex and the City", "Farscape", ....

Favourite Music: no preference, when i like it, i like it.(classic, pop, rock, hardrock, metal, r&b, techno...etc...)

Otherwise, i like sport and i'm playing basket-ball in a club.

Ok, I don't know what to add, so see ya on the message board!

[ June 08, 2004, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frenk
Left Head

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frenk           Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Frenk

Pain in my ass: sharing a body with another head!

Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dyvud
Right Head

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dyvud           Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Dyvud

Don't listen to that stupid other head of mine!

Teliyon
ill made knight

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teliyon   Author's Homepage   Email Teliyon         Edit/Delete Post     
Lightning Lad.
Why thank you sir. Yes, I am a humble rocker with a soft side.

--------------------
"Are we still alive? Then there's hope." Coz.
"Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost." Optimus Prime.
"Death is Singular."

From: England | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sensory lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sensory lad   Email sensory lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi. New here but been a Legion fan since way back then. Started reading Legion since I was 8.

Name: Dave
Base of Operations: Manila, Philippines

First Legion story read: A Grell pencilled story I think involving Legion tryouts where 7 didnt make the cut since they had similar powers as 7 Legionnaires.

Favorite Legionnaires: Dream Girl, Dawnstar, Element Lad, Princess Projectra, Wildfire (Drake Burroughs)

Least Favorite Legionnaires: Kinetix, Invisible Kid II, Quislet

Favorite Era: Levitz Era and the 70's Legion stories. Appreciated the Bierbaum era though

Other comics I like: Sandman, Strangers in Paradise, Planetary, old Authority

Other faves:
TV - Alias
Movies - LOTR, horror movies
Music - runs the gamut from Elliot Smith to White Stripes. Not much country though

That's it.

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Querl Dox:
[QBLegion claim to fame: meeting OLIVIER COIPEL on the 15th of May 2004 in Paris (he made me a superb Live Wire!)
[/QB]

Querl, I've heard nothing but great things about Olivier. He sounds like one of the coolest artists to meet. His Brainiac 5 is just about one of the coolest visual characters ever.

--------------------
Just spouting off.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
CJ, Olivier is so kind with his fans! Always a good word for them when you come to see him. He's great.

And yeah, me too, i like a lot Brainiac 5 made by him!

And Welcome Sensory Lad!

[ June 10, 2004, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duplicate Man
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duplicate Man   Email Duplicate Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Secret ID: Allan, but don't tell anyone. [Smile]
First Legion Issue: SB/Legion #205

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I see I never checked in on this thread, either! Allow me...

Name: Chaim Mattis Keller
Family status: Married with five children
Occupation that pays the rent: Computer Programmer
Legion Claim To Fame: The Legion Reference File, of course! Also have met Mark Waid, Tom McCraw and Jason Armstrong (obtaining drawings of Star Boy and Brainiac 5 from the latter) and wrote fanfic for Fanzing.
First Legion Story: Tyroc vs. Zoraz, Superboy # 218
Regular reader since: 1991
Favorite Legion Era: TMK.
Favorite Legion writers: TMK.
Favorite Legion artist: Greg LaRocque.
Favorite Legionnaires: Brainiac 5 and Star Boy.
Also regularly read: JSA, H-E-R-O. And collect back issues of the "near future" DC Sci-Fi characters, such as Space Cabby, Star Hawkins, the Star Rovers, Tommy Tomorrow, etc.
Formerly read: Starman, Fantastic Four (during Byrne era), Dazzler, New Mutants, Power Pack.
Favorite movies: Star Wars, the original trilogy. Airplane!, Rat Race, South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
TV: MASH, South Park, Simpsons, Futurama, Night Court.
Books: The Kinsey Millhone series.
Music: Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Faith Hill, Chicago, Air Supply, Survivor, Styx, Boston, Evanescence.
Sports: Kansas City Royals, suck though they do at the moment.

Current obsession: getting votes for my buddies in the Small Press Idol contest! Anyone who hasn't voted in that yet, please help!

Also, I want to learn how to make my own graemlins! Those things are so cool!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:

Family status: Married with five children

In my state you must marry an adult and only one at a time

[LOL]

I amuse me

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
That joke would have worked better if I had erroneously written "to" or ambiguously written a comma instead of, correctly, the word "with."

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
No, it wouldn't have worked any better [Big Grin]
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Sean Springer
Family status: Single
Occupation that pays the rent: Journalist
Legion Claim To Fame: closest thing, I guess, is meeting Paul Levitz in the mid-90s, saw him cringe when I praised his Legion work.
First Legion Story: origin story in DC Super-Stars 17. wasn't impressed (still not with that one). S/LSH 236 was next, loved it!
Regular reader since: 1978-1989, 2003-
Favorite Legion Era: three-way tie: Levitz/Giffen, TMK, DnA
Favorite Legion writers: ditto.
Favorite Legion artist: Giffen (v2: 280s to 305, 50-59 of v3)
Favorite Legionnaires: Tinya, Kent, Lar and Salu... and post-boot Luornu
Also regularly read: Hellblazer, Strangers in Paradise, Stray Bullets, Strangehaven. Also follow in TPB: Starman, Planetary, 100 bullets.
Formerly read: Cerebus, various Vertigo books... years ago, read most DC superheroes, plus many Marvel.
Favorite movies: Casablanca, Braveheart, Shindler's List, LOTR (all 3), 2001, Star Wars, Contact, Airplane, the Monty Python movies.
TV: Stargate, the Daily Show, Stargate, Friends (yeah, so sue me), MASH, Law & Order, JAG, Barney Miller
Books: Mists of Avalon, historical fiction, plus real history that catches my eye
Music: Louis Armstrong, Enter the Haggis, Indigo Girls, Black 47, Beck, Loreena McKinnitt, Dido, Slade, Sting, the Cheiftains, Artful Dodger, Ella Fitzgerald, Smashmouth, the Clash, and Sarah Brightman
Sports:part-time Yanks fan. part-time Manchester fan. hate American 'football,' but watch the superbowl with friends. sometimes catch winter Olympics... that's about it.
Current obsession: since my Legion fandom reignited last year, I've rebuilt my Legion collection to more than 600 comics, up from around 100 (pre-1992 purge, I'd omly had around 190ish).
Zeroing in on silver age now... Capt. Dallas helped me complete my Bronze (thanks, Keith!).
Also working on several writing, art and comics projects. one or more may be done any century now...

[ July 03, 2004, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Oops.

Coipel. forgot to list him in faves.

Hey O.O.! you're a small-town journalist, too?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glorith
Kneel Before My Power

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glorith   Email Glorith         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Glorith

Hobbies: Looking at Lash and listening to my worshippers.

--------------------
Evil Has Come To Legion World

From: Everywhere | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.