Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » STU's Mansion. (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 73 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  71  72  73   
Author Topic: STU's Mansion.
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I love my office!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
ALL RIGHT!!!!! Time to raid the fridge!!!!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Is there going to be a New Year's Levee - open house party - at the mansion?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
What a great idea! A reception in the early afternoon would be a nice way to ring in the New Year and for Legion Worlders to chat and enjoy refreshments and each others' company.

Here is some more information about levees that I found on the 'net:

New Year's Levee

Canada's Lieutenant-Governors host a levee each New Year's Day. This levee is a reception that is held early in the afternoon at Government House or some other appropriate location. Any citizen, including children, can attend. Persons attending sign a guest book, are introduced to the Lieutenant-Governor, and then enjoy light refreshment. Attending the Lieutenant-Governor's levee is an annual ritual for many families.

The word levee is derived from the French verb "lever" which means to rise. French aristocrats used to receive guests in the morning after they had gotten up. British sovereigns held their levees in the early afternoon. Since Lieutenant-Governors are the Queen's representative, they have adopted this custom in Canada.

[ December 25, 2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

All right! I'll bring the fireworks!!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to see you resolved the Stoopid Cat problem Stu! I was on an urgent mission hunting for Santa Claus, but luckily he found me [Smile] . You talent for leadership came through this time! The Security Office will remain vigilant!

Oh, and I hope you had a great Holiday! That goes for everyone!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Well, it did involve changing myself from a dog to a (big) cat, but never let it be said that I'm not versatile in my problem solving!

(I'm sure Stoopid Cat is still hanging around, waiting for just the right time to let the fur fly. [Wink] )

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Maybe you can change your name to Changeling II? [Smile]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still waiting for the transformation into a duck [Wink]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

That's for later in the term. [Big Grin]
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I for one hope you'll soon become a dog again. With all this kitty hair in the mansion, my allergies are acting up.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:

New Year's Levee

Canada's Lieutenant-Governors host a levee each New Year's Day. This levee is a reception that is held early in the afternoon at Government House or some other appropriate location. Any citizen, including children, can attend. Persons attending sign a guest book, are introduced to the Lieutenant-Governor, and then enjoy light refreshment. Attending the Lieutenant-Governor's levee is an annual ritual for many families.

The word levee is derived from the French verb "lever" which means to rise. French aristocrats used to receive guests in the morning after they had gotten up. British sovereigns held their levees in the early afternoon. Since Lieutenant-Governors are the Queen's representative, they have adopted this custom in Canada.

I'm not sure there's still one on New Year's Day. The current GG, Adrienne Clarkson, likes to hold one before Christmas so that all the guests can send video messages to the Canadian troops serving overseas for Christmas.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Some people have no respect for tradition! I suppose no one wears big hats, either. [Wink]
From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

And how are we to have a proper countdown, when we all live in different timezones? [Smile] At least we can still make a lot of noise!

--------------------

Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
At least we can still make a lot of noise!

Here's da noize.
  This topic comprises 73 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  71  72  73   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.