Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rocky stands looking at the space where Lardy used to be.>

Oh, Lardy, I know you didn't do this. Someone has framed you. It just doesn't feel right.

<Hyvvie walks in the room; Rocky strokes him.>

Oh, Hyvvie, why do I get the idea things are going to get decidedly unpleasant around Legion World?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<arrive from battle with Ranger>

Hmm...Rocky's not here.

Have a seat, Des, I gotta go get some clothes from Rocky's room.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
*cough*

*cough*

<almost falls into chair, nose bleeding and coughing up blood>

...sh-should have told you...still pretty banged up from assassination attempt...

<waves Lardy off>

i'll be okay...just need a minute to rest...go get changed...

(clothes from Rocky's room? Did I hear that right?)

*cough*

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<comes in, clothed>

There, that's better--don't need to give ya an inferiority complex on top of everything else! [Big Grin]

<looks him over>

Still having trouble self-healing? Should I summon Rocky's medical staff?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'm okay <obviously hurt but doesn't appear too bad for Lardy>

I can handle it at least. If our theory on Justin Thyme is correct, I wonder if he did something to me to stop me from using my own healing powers on myself? Something to follow up on.

In the meantime I've been thinking about what we did. I don't mind destroying the Office of Security or even Faraway's Castle for that matter, but I feel pretty guilty about beating on Space Ranger. Still...once we lost the upper-hand, he'd have us. The man is effective above all other things. I'll have to try to make it up to him somehow. If that's possible.

<wipes down face with hot towel, obviously bruised and battered>

Anyway...while we wait for Rocky we need to start planning our next move. We need to find (A) Numbnuts the Semi-Incomprehensible and (B) the LMBer whom Justin Thyme may be controlling. He controlled me and then you, which makes me wonder if he'll jump around again, or if he'll stick with one person?

It'd be nice if we had some allies. I don't have my omni-com and I doubt we could use it on any of the LMB channels now.

Matlock is working with me. He won't aid and abett us, but he's working to solve the case. He's the best detective on Legion World, and a good friend and partner too.

If we could get word to Lolita that would help. I have no idea where she even is. Maybe Rocky could have someone contact her for us?

We need to move soon before Space Ranger and his posse start putting up a blockade around the Rookery...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

If I recall correctly, Lolita's out and about with Sharky. I think...yeah, she was looking for that Tomahawk guy. Based on what you said, that's a dead end, though.

<grins> I always thought all you had to do was snap your fingers to summon her.

I'm sure when Rocky gets back, he'll help us find her. Just...get some rest, alright?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lardy, check out the space-news.

Looks like Space Ranger is way more angry than I thought.

But it looks like Yellow Kid is standing up for us!

*cough*

We might need a hot meal before we go any farther. You've been living off jail food and I've been living off hospital food through a test tube. I'm sure it'd go along way to make us feel better.

In the meantime you can tell me...spending a lot of time at the Rookery lately?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

No, Lolita and I aren't like that. Common misconception. Sure I'm 'her boss' and all, but its more of a partnership at this point. I depend on her a lot. It was never even considered that she wouldn't quit the Security Office with me and work wherever I work. She's a minority partner in all of the businesses I co-own on Legion World.

She's been my girl friday for a long time now. Even if she only aged a year in all that time (you know her physiology keeps her young that way). We used to...well, you know...back in the day. Pretty hot and heavy. But that stopped awhile back...

...sure could use her now When I left off with her, she was pretty angry. I'd like to think she'd still be willing to help, but well...it wouldn't be fair to assume that.

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy! Cobie! Sffenyskus came and got me. I was--I was in the Rookery's chapel singing some prayers for both of you.

How can I be of help?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hey, Rocky...things have changed somewhat since you last saw me...<gestures toward Cobalt>...as you can see!

It's a long story, but...can you get Des some medical attention here? I recall you have someone on staff, I believe. And is there a way you can get a message out to Jailbait Lass to meet us here?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Of course! I'll send for Dr. Majellanyk. As for Jailbait Lass, I'll see what I can do. Our last conversation didn't have us parting on the best of terms, but I'll give it a try.

Lardy, I'm so glad you're--that is you and Cobie are safe!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I'm sorry I blew you off this morning--I was in a bad place. But I think me and Des are getting to the bottom of all this. I think I may have killed Clive, but I was being controlled by this guy who's calling himself Justin Thyme. I think that guy, whoever he is, is behind all the bad crap that's going down.

<looks at Cobalt> He's asleep! It's probably for the best. Just make sure Dr. Majellanyk gives him the once-over.

But, yeah, it's good to be back...in every sense.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I knew you couldn't have actually killed Clive, Lardy! And I'm so glad to see you and Cobie friends again. Well, I'm behind you guys 100 percent. Just let me know. <Hesitates a moment> Lardy, I'm just so glad you're okay <Throws his arms around Lardy>.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<hugs him tightly>

Yeah, I'm more okay than I've been in a long, long time strangely enough!

However...<releases>...now, me and Cobalt are both fugitives and we've got the law on our tails in a BIG way!

Are you sure you can handle the kind of heat they will bring your way if you harbor us? Multiply how it was before by about a million before you answer...

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Can I handle heat? <Rocky's hands crackle with Ice Magic> I can create ice and snow, remember? And as long as you seek asylum here they can't harm you without creating an interplanetary incident.

I'm in.

--------------------

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.