Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So I'm just curious where everyone's at with the big trip...

I've got a double room booked for the weekend- Wed-Sun.

Kent, are we square with the table?

Cobie, are we still kidnapping EDE? I've got to let Scott and Caroline know to make room in their glove box.

[ January 20, 2008, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I've got a room booked Wed.-Mon. with two roomies and room for one more. I've got my con registration and plane ticket. All I need is the money to pay for it all. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I was hoping the 50th anniversary would make us shoo ins. I don't know anyone involved in the Con planning.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Kent, are we square with the table?

CJ, I see you on my list of sponsors but I don't see you on my list of received payments. Were you a late mailer?

On my list of not-yet-received:
Abin
Yellow Kid
Cobie
doublechinner
CJ

On my list of paid, or a report of payment en route:
Suddenly Seymour
Lightning Lad
Outdoor Miner
Fat Cramer
Dedman
Faraway Lad
Vee
Director Lad
Nightcrawler
Dr One
Monkey Eater Lad
Mechana
...and both of the anonymous donors that have previously been mentioned.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I need to talk to my lesbians (roommates, that is), but I'm still planning to be there! Like, whoa. Even if I have to stay with my cousin, you will see my friendly fangirl face. That's a threat.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
OK,

According to a little card I received from the SD folks, they open their hotel booking on 9AM Pacific Time on Wed., Feb 9th. The number is 1-877-552-6642 or if you go online, www.comic-con.org.

I'm not expecting much, but it's possible that if a bunch of us try it together, one or two of us might come up with something decent in the way of hotel rooms.

To be on the safe side, like others here, I've booked a room from Wed - Mon. Technically, it's for two people, but I'm sure we could get one or two more in there if we needed to. I don't know why I say "we", since I'm the only guy in it right now, but there you go.

[ January 22, 2008, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Outdoor Miner ]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It's your hive mind thinking miner...
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Whee, my lesbians are in! [Big Grin] Dunno anymore details but I'm super psyched.

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Whee, my lesbians are in! [Big Grin] Dunno anymore details but I'm super psyched.

There's a line to read out-of-context! [Big Grin]

But seriously, glad to hear it.

Did anyone catch Jeopardy last night? The Comicon was referred to in a question/answer under the category, "Where In The world Is San Diego?"

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So, Cali, are your roommates literally lesbians, or is that just your affectionate name for them? If the former, I guess you have to give a secret knock or something so as not to potentially disturb them if you've been out?

Inquiring minds and all... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

They're an actual lesbian couple. And I'm not too worried-- they're very sweet chicks. Considerate. They only want to corrupt me with Phoenix Wright, nothing more. [Wink]

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, I thought it would've been funnier if it was a nickname! For example, I occasionaly refer to my office staff (not to their faces), including one male, as my "bitches". They're perfectly nice people who I can depend on and respect a lot, so the nickname is completely affectionate in intent. [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

UNCONFIRMED table:

No direct word from the Con folks, nor has my check been cashed yet, but we're on the tentative exhibitor list!

Scroll down:
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_exhib_2.shtml#L
We're right next to Lego, alphabetically, at least.

Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Would have been cool if the "L" they'd used for the section heading was the Legion L...
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Still no official confirmation, but they did cash the check today (well, it cleared today).

I think that's a good sign.

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.