Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » the all-KENT SHAKESPEARE thread! (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: the all-KENT SHAKESPEARE thread!
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
quote:
Oh Cali, she's so fine,
She's so fine she'll blow your mind!
Hey Cali! Oh Oh Hey Cali!

1st Verse

Oh, Cali, what a pity/You don't live next door,
You tease us on a message board/ and make us beg for more
Oh, Cali, you're the gal I/Dreamt of back in school,
Smart and pretty, comic-reading/alltogether cool

[LOL] & [Embarrassed] (More the latter.)

I [Love] [Love] [Love] you boys, though!! Thanks for the song. [Wink] I'll cherish it forever.

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I kept trying to remember which word came after 'wicked'! "Wicked Fresh" it is! [Big Grin]

Why not?? [Wink] It works.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Are you old enough to remember when Toni Basil first sang "Mickey". Cali? [Wink] [Big Grin]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Not so much, no. But we had a cheer to the song one year -- probably because of the movie Bring It On. I don't quite remember.

Regardless, I do know the song. Just not the original version.

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
LAM she would have been pre-conception dude.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
As usual, Tamper, what you say is quite logical -bud
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

Gross!! Don't talk about my conception!!

*is traumatized*

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

Tamper Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So how would you say pre-conception in non biological terms.

Planning phase?
Feasibility Study phase?
Environmental Assessment phase?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente

I was still an egg.

EGG!!!!!!!!!!

That is all you need to say. [Yes]

*covers ears and curls into the fetal position*

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

[Hug]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Then it must have been your mother who was shaking her pom-poms to "Mickey", Cali?
Tamper Lad

Well you weren't even an "egg" yet. You were a primary oocyte inside an immature follicle of an ovary. Of course you had only half of your DNA, At that moment the other half was still colocated with other DNA in a cell called a smermatogonium elsewhere. This percludes use of in vitro techniques of course. If that were the case, the other half of your DNA could have been in cryogenic deep freeze in a spermatozoa.

Technically speaking an egg (or Ovum) only forms after ovulation or the rupture of the corpus luteum of the ovary.

[ September 18, 2005, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

Caliente

The thing I love about you Tamper, is that you say it like I care. It's really quite adorable.

I was an egg, darn it. Just leave it alone. Biology be damned!!

And, LAM, my mum did not wave pom poms of any kind. I am very disturbed by this mental image.

*is traumatized more*

And to you POV... [tease] Thanks for the help!! *sob* Laughing at my pain. Evil. Evil, evil, evil.

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Uh, is Cali still screaming and banging her head in her little corner - even after your explanation of the birds and the bees, TL?
Tamper Lad

Primary Oocyte not an egg.

What's the problem?

I didn't even get into the technical aspects of the actual conception. That explanation is quite involved. It's also been a while since I took a look at it. Post-conception I'm not an expert on the development of the embryo/fetus, i'd have to read up on that.

I know it goes from a morula to a blastocyst and then three layers of cells form. Ectoderm (skin, etc,) mesoderm (connective tissues), endoderm (organs). I know the ectoderm invaginates and forming the lumen of the gut, but really that's all I remember.

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
The thing I love about you Tamper, is that you say it like I care. It's really quite adorable.

If this were the LIES thread, I'd tell you, that this was the first time I've ever heard this.

[ September 18, 2005, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

Caliente

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
If this were the LIES thread, I'd tell you, that this was the first time I've ever heard this.

Mmm, I bet.

Yes, yes I am LAM.

THIS IS MY THREAD AND I SAY STOP NOW!!! NOOOOO MORE CONCEPTION TALK!!!! I WAS AN EGG DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!1

(Yes, I will eat your soul if you continue. And I'm a bio major (maybe) so that's saying something.)

[ September 18, 2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Caliente ]

--------------------

Context... who needs it?

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  53  54  55   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.