Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 23)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, Lardy, don't do anything stupid. I can't protect you out there.

<Shakes his head>

Tim has been in his room ever since I told him about Clive this morning, Sir Roy. Follow me.

Concord, you had better be gone by the time we return.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Time-Teller Lad
It's about time!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Time-Teller Lad   Email Time-Teller Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Time Teller Lad is sitting at the foot of his bed, head in hands. He is no longer crying, for he has no tears left. Hyvvie sits next to him. A knock comes to the door.>

Rocky: Tim, it's Rocky! Sir Roy is here. He'd like to talk to you.

TTL: Come in, I guess.

Sir Roy: Tim. Ah, Mr. Hyfrydol*. Tim, I am so sorry about Clive.

TTL: So am I.

Sir Roy: I need to talk to you.

*Editor's note: Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle's actual name is Hyfrydol.

From: The Rookery | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<puts hand on Time Teller Lad’s shoulder>

Know that even though it has always been a struggle to show emotion or share feelings, I truly do grieve with you, Tim. I’ve come to look at Rockhopper Lad as a mentor, and in that role, almost see you as a brother. It pains me to see you thus.

<looks off into the vast mountain side out the window>

It has always been my way to ignore pain rather than embrace it and focus on other things. I know this is not healthy approach. But perhaps for several minutes, I can alleviate your pain by giving you something else to think about. You see, something odd happened several months ago, which almost no one has mentioned or referenced. Following the pretty intense and dramatic bar brawl between Cobalt Kid and Lard Lad, which almost resulted in severe injury to both, several posters decided it was time for a cooling off period on Legion World. Thus, five posters journeyed off into the moutains, journeying over the hills, and far away. Several references were made to this trip, about it being a ‘vision quest’ and ‘soul-searching’ event, yet there were also several tidings of possible doom and malicious hiding off in those mountains. I may simply be naïve at time, but I assumed there was some larger mission at stake.

Yet, when some posters returned, no mention was made of this. None at all, in fact—no one recalls any of you coming home; or at least not that I know of. There were six of you: Cobalt Kid, Clive, Raging Bull, Armsfalloffboy, yourself and the man named Tomahawk. Consider what has happened since…

Cobalt Kid – shot through the throat

Clive – now lies murdered

Raging Bull – essentially not seen since*

Tomahawk – we know extremely little about this man

Armsfalloffboy – we know is well, but he’s been logged in as off-planet for some time. Perhaps that is what he is well.

And that leaves you, Time Teller Lad.

Perhaps I’m trying to connect two things that are indeed unconnected, but perhaps this is part of a larger mystery. What happened up there over those hills? Why is it two of the six of you have been attacked?

<puts both hands on each shoulder>

Tim, did something terrible happen, and if so, do you know about it? Are you in possible danger?

*Roy isn’t aware Raging Bull was recently seen again

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<returns and hears the last part of the conversation>

Gods, are all of those six targets? Or...could one of them be the assassin(s)?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Time-Teller Lad
It's about time!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Time-Teller Lad   Email Time-Teller Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Tim absent-mindedly strokes Hvvvie>

In all honesty, Sir Roy, I don't remember much about it. We started on our journey and the next thing I knew, it was two months and eighteen days later. I had hoped this journey would bring Clive and me closer together, but it instead drove us apart. When we had our argument, I came here. Where else could I go? Rocky has always been there for me. And now--Clive is gone. <Tim wells up. Rocky puts his arms around him.>

I wish I had answers, Sir Roy, but whenever I try to remember anything, my head hurts and I can't concentrate on it. I'm sorry.

From: The Rookery | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<puts hand on Tim's shoulder>

Thank you Tim for your help. I'm sorry for everything you are going through. Both you and Clive have been good friends to me when others have been less willing to give me a chance.

<thinks silently for a moment>

No memories whatsoever...very odd, indeed. I wonder if anyone else had any memories. Finding out from Cobalt is impossible at the moment, but perhaps Raging Bull or Tomahawk? There must be some sort of telepathic mind-altering going on here.

<turns to Rocky and Lardy>

I'm off to do what I can around Legion World. The attacks have stopped momentarily but it hasn't been long--Legion World is still in a state of panic. Who knows what riotous behavior will ensue.

In the meantime good luck to you both and the political capital you may both use up...<eying Lardy>

<back to Time Teller Lad>

Good bye fair one...

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<later>

Crap! I'm going bonkers sitting here on my ass!

I've gotta DO something......

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rocky enters Lardy's room with a sandwich, a bottle of beer and some snacks on a tray>

Lardy, I thought you'd like a little something to eat. I know this waiting is difficult for you. Is there anything I can do to help you?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I...<smiles>...well, I don't think that would be appropriate, right now! [Big Grin]

I think, instead, I need to get someone else involved who's been my ally recently...

...Rocky, can you send a discreet message out to Gary Concord to meet me here? Crazy as it sounds, he may be about the only one other than you that I can trust right now.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<as Rocky goes to send the message, Lardy notices a light blinking on his belt>

Hm? Proximity alarm? At the Lair? Last time I was there, it was to meet Gary. Maybe he's there...

<scribbles note: "BRB" and 'ports to the Lair>

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Lardy? Where are you? Oh, I hope he hasn't teleported away again. <Turns to Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle> Hyvvie? Good boy! Where is Lard Lad? Is he here at the Rookery?

<Hyvvie sniffs at the ground and shakes his head no.>

Oh, Lardy, you'd better watch yourself!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<returns from Medicus Two>

Oh, gods...

<sees Rocky>

...oh my gods, Rocky!

<eyes haunted, shedding depserate tears>

I remember everything! So many sins...it's overwhelming! So much pain!

<shocked, Rocky tries his best to console his friend>

No! <rebuffs Rocky's consolations> I don't deserve you friendship! I-I've done so much...gods. Rocky...I remember now! I remember...

I killed Clive!

[ February 21, 2009, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: LardLad ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Lardy, I know you've had a colorful history, but I can't believe you're a murderer.

<Lardy pushes Rocky who backs away>

Clive was my friend and Tim's first serious boyfriend. He hurt all of us pretty badly at the end. Still, I can't imagine you killed him. But even if you did, the Pyngwyny way is forgiveness for everyone, especially the penitent.

What do you remember, Lardy?

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I remember...drinking at SHAKES. I was getting all worked up about Clive and what he'd been doing to me...and then to Tim.

With every drink I just got madder and madder. After finishing the last one, I paid up and tore out of there. I found out what apartment Clive had recently rented out and 'ported inside.

I...caught him by surprise...taunted him...used my superior Lard Force skill to negate his powers.

He...was defenseless...h-had his arms out begging for mercy...

<sobbing>

...gods, Rocky--I-I cut one of his hands off! Th-then, I stabbed him through the heart and threw his body over the b-balcony...

<eyes haunted>

...and I watched him fall, Rocky...I WATCHED HIM HIT THE GROUND!

<hands to his face>

What kind of man am I, Rocky?

<removes hands, locks Rocky's gaze>

I'm a monster, Rocky. I have all my memories back...and Clive's not the only person I've murdered.

I've got to turn myself in to the Security Office. I deserve to be locked up!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<Rocky pleads with Lardy to reconsider>

"Something is just not right here, Lardy! I don't accept that you did this. Stay until we can sort this out."

Rocky, you've been a great friend, a better one than I ever deserved...but I'm going. I have to pay for what I've done....

<kisses him on the forehead>

Goodbye, Rocky...

<'ports to Security Office>

[ February 22, 2009, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: LardLad ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.