Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 23)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So any idea where we are at with the table? I was reading the last few updates. Do we have a payment date or amount yet?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be making the payment soon, and posting the shares info sometime next week.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

We have 19 people. I'll chip in after all to make an even 20, so that's $35 US each. If Canadians want to lord the current exchange rate over us lowly Yanks, I'll let you figure the conversion. If not, I'll use the "extra" to help cover postage and printing, etc.

I have US and Canadian addresses (and bank accounts) these days, so I'll be PMing addresses out over the next few days.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

another thought:

Those of you cost-conscious (as am I) can save $ on Con admission by volunteering 3 hrs a day:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_vol.shtml

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
What a great bargain! Thanks for being the organizer. I'll get my check out to you post-haste.

What are the rules about selling things? Can we print up cool Legion World stuff and sell it, or would we have to give it away?

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
If we want to sell things, we would need to fill out a California Sellers' Permit. I don't recall if that costs extra, or requires us to kick back a portion to the con.

Then there's the question of whether or not we need permission from Time/Warner to sell LSH-related stuff.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I indicated on the application that we would not be selling anything.

Between Con regs, Cali state regs and DC/Time-Warner licensing, we do NOT want to go there.

On the other hand, we can and perhaps should prepare lots of freebies.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

This is a good time to start discussing
HOTEL SUGGESTIONS!

It will be to our advantage, socializing-wise, if we can all stay in roughly the same area. Our spread-out-ness of 2006 made it hard to hang as a group after hours the way we did at Dallas or even Boston.

My thoughts: A lot of us will not be able to splurge on the ritzy, expensive downtown places, so I suggest the OLd Town/Hotel Circle area for choices and better prices. THe trolly line runs fairly close, so getting to the Con center is easy enough, and no one has to try to brave the evils of downtown parking at Con time.

In 06, Mechana and Antiquated Computers Lad stayed at the OLd Town Best Western, and enjoyed both the hotel and the surroundings. A 5-10 minute walk to the trolley. Its prices start at $170 per night for a single, or $197 for a room for four.

Here's the hotel:

http://www.bestwestern.com/index.asp?language=en_US&gp=false&tp=false&cp=false

and the location (not the Transit Center/tran station close to I-5, just south of I-8, about 4 blocks NW from the hotel):

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4041+Harney+St,+San+Diego,+CA+92110,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image

Thoughts, comments and concerns are welcome, of course.

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
It's a good time to start looking at airfares, too. Just on a lark, I checked the Frontier Airlines (my favorite low-cost carrier) site over the weekend and got a terrific bargain -- more than a hundred dollars less than I paid for this year when booking in January.

As for the hotel, I've got a room booked already, but it's close to the con, so if you're all out there, I may join you. Or, I've got room for roommates.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I booked a double room at the Motel 6 Downtown. It's about the same rate as the Best Western Kent linked for us. It's downtown, so a little closer to the convention center. 'Course, it's all still malleable right now...

Motel 6 Downtown

p.s.- long live Frontier

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
How about some "goodie bags" for Legion creators that want to drop by and chat?

edit:
Oooh oooh oooh!
I just had a great idea!

How about free copies of the Legion Constitution?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
I booked a double room at the Motel 6 Downtown. It's about the same rate as the Best Western Kent linked for us. It's downtown, so a little closer to the convention center.

Actually, that's great! Seymour's place, too, is more reasonable than I expected downtown...

So let's forget Old Town for now, and stick to north Downtown! The 5th/6th streets area apparently are still cost-friendly.

Let's book now, before everything fills up!

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I just booked at the Motel 6. Good rates!

Earlier in this thread, Vee also mentioned:

the HOLIDAY INN SAN DIEGO - ON THE BAY, 1355 NORTH HARBOR DRIVE, SAN DIEGO, CA 92101. Rooms are available starting at $229/night ($219 if you are willing to prepay, which I was not willing to do.) Looks like it's about 1.5 miles from the convention center and it seems to be on a trolly stop which sounds kind of neat (so is the Convention Center)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
A couple of my gal pals from LA said they'd go to SDCC with me, so I'm not sure what our accommodations are gonna be. Hopefully they won't flake and I can save some serious dough this time around.

Otherwise, I may have to bum on a friend's/cousin's couch or, like... sleep in my car or something. (I'm super broke this year but very determined to come.) Will let you know where I end up, though! [Smile]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I finally got a response from the Con folks:

quote:

Hello Exhibitors,

This email is to inform you that your application has been placed on
the
Waiting List for Comic-Con International 2008.

The space restrictions of the maxed out San Diego Convention Center
made it
impossible to accommodate all of the exhibitor applications we
received.

We will be able to more information as to your place on the Waiting
List in
the New Year.

Sincerely,
Justin

Justin Dutta
Exhibits Manager
Comic-Con International

The Con people have not cashed my check, either.

Does anyone know anyone who can get us bumped to the front of the line?
Or if we don't get picked, should we explore alternate means to acquire hang-out space (such as an on-street or space along the harbor promenade permit from the city?
Somehow being off in even the closest hotel (whether tabling or even a conf. room) seems to defeat the purpose.

Anyway, let's keep fingers crossed that January selections go our way... but if they don't, let's consider whether there are any viable alternatives before I send out refunds.

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.