Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space! (Page 23)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space!
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I basically here to say that I do not fear the law, I am it.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer Fat Cramer has just turned 117
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Quislet, with the bankruptcy of the Twinkie (and Wonder Bread) company, will there be a new junk food chosen to replace the Twinkie Defense?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Quislet, with the bankruptcy of the Twinkie (and Wonder Bread) company, will there be a new junk food chosen to replace the Twinkie Defense?

Funny you should mention that. It has been a topic that is being fiercely debated among the legal community. (A physical altercation erupted at the annual ABA meeting. Gun fire was almost exchanged in Texas)

There are those who feel that the new Junk Food Defense should have a similar shape to the Twinkie and therefore proposed the Taco Bell Defense. The detractors think that judges, when they hear "the Taco Bell Defense", will think of Taco Bell's slogan "Run for the Border", become confuse, imagine the case involves immigration, and deport the defendant.

The other side feels that the new name should involve a similar type of junk food and therefore proposed the Ho-Ho defense. (A sub group wanted the Devil Dog Defense, but that was nixed by Attorney General Ashcroft). The detractors here feel that using the Ho-Ho Defense will cause judges to schedule all trial for December 25th and that will interfer with the lawyers' vacations to St Bart's over the holidays.

BTW: Did you know that Twinkies were originally supposed to be banana flavored, but due to shortages during WWII, the banana flavoring was dropped.

[ September 23, 2004, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Legal defenses - what fun!

Is that serious about the banana flavor? Yuck!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eboladude
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eboladude   Author's Homepage   Email eboladude         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, for awhile in the 1960's Twinkies WERE banana-flavored as opposed to the modern vanilla-on-vanilla.
The current Scooter Pie Speeding defense, Ring-Ding Disturbing-the-Peace counter-strategy, and Ho-Ho Solicitation appeals are all being offered as the successors to the Twinkie defense. The gunfire supposedly offered in the Texas ABA meeting was in fact found to be Butterfinger BBs.

--------------------
OverPower isn't dead ...
it's just very, VERY dormant!

From: DC ... Washington! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
(A physical altercation erupted at the annual ABA meeting. Gun fire was almost exchanged in Texas)

However, the Texas incident was later revealed to have nothing to do with the Twinkie defence, and everything to do with the fact that they hadn't pulled a trigger in a few hours [Smile]

*waits for people to try and hit him*

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Quis, on the advice of my better half I am dropping the planned court actions against HighPriestessViviane. If the retainer I gave Bruce doesn't cover costs please bill me.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I new Abin wasn't the villain I hoped he was (will I ever get to blast someone and not get in trouble for it?)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by HighPriestessViviane:
(will I ever get to blast someone and not get in trouble for it?)

Only if it is self-defense or the defense of others. You cannot have provoked the attack that you are defending yourself against.

Also you can't use excessive force. For example if you are the Persuader and Ma Kent (The Silver Age Elderly Ma Kent) suddenly started hitting you with her fists, it would not be self-defense to use your atomic axe on her. But Ma Kent could use a shot gun against the Persuader if he attacked her.

I hope this information is helpful for you in your quest to "blast someone".

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Agh, I fondly remember when Quis handed me a warrant for the Royal Inquisitor's arrest, and I was able to use excessive force to bring him in with Fat Cramer and Blockade Boy.

Quis, do you still hold the same position in the Government as you did during Stu's term as leader? If not, should I inform the next leader that you will be available for it?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich and flaky

And is R.I. still rotting in the dungeon?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

He was until Space Ranger broke him out a few months ago during the short lived Alt ID rebellion. Space Ranger still has to answer for that, which is why he's temporarily not a security officer.

The Inquisitor has sent letters and notes to Legion World repeatedly, although he hasn't stepped foot in the city--otherwise we'd catch him. He's continued to elude my agents out in the field right now.

However, it's been evidence has proved that he was responsible for the whole 'chip in the head' plot that SoM was worried about, and he may have been attempting to get revenge at Blockade Boy, yourself and me. Like last time, I'd like to see him try [Wink]

(How can I ever forget how you weakened him with your poetry, FC?) [Smile]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Agh, I fondly remember when Quis handed me a warrant for the Royal Inquisitor's arrest, and I was able to use excessive force to bring him in with Fat Cramer and Blockade Boy.

Quis, do you still hold the same position in the Government as you did during Stu's term as leader? If not, should I inform the next leader that you will be available for it?

As an ex-co-leader I am much too busy writing my memoirs.

Please see my receptionist Bruce the Spearman for the prices of being mentioned and the prices of not being mentioned.

PS: Cobie you only used proper force. If you had used excessive force, you would have been charged with battery.

[ September 25, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Please see my receptionist Bruce the Spearman for the prices of being mentioned and the prices of not being mentioned.

"For playing, he charges twenty-five dollars an hour."
"How much does he charge for not playing?"
"Fifty dollars an hour!"
"For rehearsing, he charges one hundred dollars an hour."
"How much does he charge for not rehearsing?"
"You couldn't afford it!"

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Quis, I think this amount will sufficient to be mentioned in your memoirs. And this extra amount will make sure it's in a good way [Wink]

As always, I'll still defer to you when I am no longer sure if I've gone to far in my role as Security Chief. Which is kind of a rarity though [Wink]

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.