Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I was wondering when the right time was to spring this on y'all...

Lee got the two of us a great rate at the Waldorf-Astoria for us to go to NYC in June next summer after I graduate. It's also our 5-year anniversary that summer. We're going to go see Spring Awakening, Mary Poppins, Sunday in the Park with George, and (hopefully) Young Frankenstein. We're also planning to go nuts with the shopping and dining (Babbo, for starters.) I've never been to NYC. It's going to be the trip of a lifetime. [Big Grin]

It's also going to be, frankly, obscenely expensive. [Eek!]

Unfortunately, this means that SDCC is out. [Frown]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
It's okay, Kippers... You bailed on us in Dallas, too, we're used to disappointment. [sigh]

( [tease] [Wink] [Hug] )

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip, KP. I wish I could talk my hubby into that much theater. We'd go to New York. He'd see "Spring Awakening," then I'd be on my own for the rest. But I notice "Little Mermaid" isn't on your list. (I'm listening to it now, which made me think of it.)

Anyway, we'll miss you, but have a great time. As much as I'm looking forward to SD, I can't say I'm not insanely jealous. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:

Unfortunately, this means that SDCC is out. [Frown]

Pfffffffffft
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I guess I'll have to drag my sorry ass back to the home state to see you Jeff. Maybe I'll take Caroline back to see the grandparent's homestead in Gardendale.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
That would be cool, we're directly on the other side of town. [Smile]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
So like...without going all the way back through this thread as Im incredibly lazy, Whats actually going on with this? Turns out I can actually afford to go should I so desire it, And Im supposed to be meeting people in New York Next year. Might be cool to meet some Legionworld people [Smile]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Joeboy, that would be awesome!

Kipper, sorry to hear about your change of plans, but it sounds like it's for a good (enough) reason. But we'll miss you!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Yo, Joeboy! The update so far...

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
At this point the meet up will be occurring in San Diego during Comic Con 2008 (July 24th - 27th) decided here more or less.

Kent also was nice to make a preliminary list here.

We decided to grab a fan table about here. Which will cost us $700 and be located near the middle of the Convention above the main floor and below or amongst the panels.

Kent's now taking names to divide up the cost of the table.

Each member will have to figure out their availableness to the event. I'll try to help get information as best I can. (I mostly use the Internet like everyone else. If you want to know how far away something is, let me know.)

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Because a free trip to the con never hurts. CBG is having a contest with the grand prize being a trip for two to next year's con. Enter here daily.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm telling y'alls now, we need to take a group photo! I realize we'll rarely be all in the same place at the same time, but the less photoshopping I have to do to put us together, the better.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
A place to call our own? Do it!

Think how nice it would be to invite Barry, Ronda, Dennis, etc. to stop by for a visit at the LEGION WORLD table! [Smile]

Wow, I'm a little slow on the ball with this one... but I'd be delighted to hang at the Legion table, and to contribute to it's cost.

I can't 100% confirm that I'll be there as $$$ is a big issue, but I'd love to go, and I'm not above knocking off a convenience store [Wink]

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by mechana:
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
A place to call our own? Do it!

Think how nice it would be to invite Barry, Ronda, Dennis, etc. to stop by for a visit at the LEGION WORLD table! [Smile]

Wow, I'm a little slow on the ball with this one... but I'd be delighted to hang at the Legion table, and to contribute to it's cost.

I can't 100% confirm that I'll be there as $$$ is a big issue, but I'd love to go, and I'm not above knocking off a convenience store [Wink]

I'll be your getaway drive Ronda.
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
And with the diminishing gap between the US and Canadian dollars, you won't have to rob as many places! [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
And with the diminishing gap between the US and Canadian dollars, you won't have to rob as many places! [Wink]

Yeah, it's a great time for a Canadian to travel to the US, but a lousy time to be paid in US dollars. I actually lose money in the exchange now. [Frown]

Maybe I could get paid in plane tickets...

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.