Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space! (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space!
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Mr Quislet,

As a result of some underhanded shenanigans at the recent Legion World Sadie Hawkins Dance, I now have a Daughter, Opal Janell Quank.

However the mother of that beautiful baby girl is attempting to deny me my parental rights and has been publicly running around with other men. (not that I care much about the second part, but it is smear material)

I have decided to sue for custody of my daughter, and I would like to retain your firm to represent me in this battle. I also plan to retain the esteemed Semi Radiant Fellow, and any and all other Space Lawyers on legion World.

If you are willing to represent me please obtain a restraining order Post-Haste!

P.S. As the Official Legion World janitor, I have a long standing High Paying Job, plus I know where all the other posters money cashes are, so money is no object... So SIC HER!!!!!!!

[ September 21, 2004, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by tneK:
QUISLET!

I got an elections fraud case for ya!

you interested?

Please provide more details.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Quis... ain't ran into you in awhile. Just checking in to say Hi.

"Hi."

How's it going? You don't happen to be a Red Sox fan do ya?

To get this back on topic (so you can bill it of course), what are your impressions about the movie, "The Firm"? Do you think it would have been better had it been set in space?

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Mr Quislet,

As a result of some underhanded shenanigans at the recent Legion World Sadie Hawkins Dance, I now have a Daughter, Opal Janell Quank.

However the mother of that beautiful baby girl is attempting to deny me my parental rights and has been publicly running around with other men. (not that I care much about the second part, but it is smear material)

I have decided to sue for custody of my daughter, and I would like to retain your firm to represent me in this battle. I also plan to retain the esteemed Semi Radiant Fellow, and any and all other Space Lawyers on legion World.

If you are willing to represent me please obtain a restraining order Post-Haste!

P.S. As the Official Legion World janitor, I have a long standing High Paying Job, plus I know where all the other posters money cashes are, so money is no object... So SIC HER!!!!!!!

Mr. Quank,

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

First, you do not want a restraining order. You want the court to award you sole custody. You also want to get custody immediately. For that you would need to file a motion to be awarded temporary custody.

To get sole custody, you need to prove that the other parent is unfit to raise the child.

To get temporary custody, you would need to show that the child is in danger. Even if you get temporary custody, the other parent can request visitations until her/his parental rights are terminated.

If you can't show danger to the child, you still have parental rights. And as such you can also request that the court grant you visitation rights.

Please see my receptionist, Bruce the Spearman about signing a retainer agreement and payment of the retainer. We will need to have a conference to discuss whether you can get sole custody or if a joint custody arrangement can be worked out.

[ September 21, 2004, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

Ummm Quis?

I gave two sacks of Valentian Walking Money to your cute receptionist and I'll be ready for the conference as soon as he moves the point of his spear away from my back...

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
That's not his spear... [Smile]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he was just excited to see your...um...sacks...

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

[Eek!] It... Isn't... ??? [Eek!]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Mr. Quank,

If you are quite through with Bruce, please come into my office.

I have been doing some research while you were paying your retainer. I don't see that the mother of your child has denied you access to your daughter.

Might I suggest that before we initiate any court proceding you first talk to the mother. I have some private conference rooms suitable for just such personal conversations. I also provide mediation services and think a fair and reasonable plan for raising your daughter can be worked out between the two of you.

--------------------

Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't stop suddenly on your walk back to the Conference Room. Sounds like you've already got enough relationship troubles without giving the Spearman the wrong idea...

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

I don't think he understood what the money was for... [Eek!]

[ September 21, 2004, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Quislet,

Umm...I don't quite think anyone grasp the situation. That father has not been denied access to the child, I just find the man to be a pig, you see he cheated on his wife with me. I feel that this man is unfit to raise a child and as I stated before: I'm the Lady of the Lake, I'm a demi-goddess. I'm powerful, I run my own dimension which has a nice island. I train priestesses. I can provide the ultimate protection. And I'm rich.

And this isn't my first child, I have had 34 other mortal children that all lived out happy and prolonged lives.

[ September 21, 2004, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: HighPriestessViviane ]

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
QUISLET!

you interested?

Er...since I couldn't reach you, we've settled out of court in the meantime. Reboot may now need some... creative assistance in justifying LW expenditures during the inter-administration audit, but that's no longer my affair.

sorry to have bothered you.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by HighPriestessViviane:
Dear Quislet,

Umm...I don't quite think anyone grasp the situation. That father has not been denied access to the child, I just find the man to be a pig, you see he cheated on his wife with me. I feel that this man is unfit to raise a child and as I stated before: I'm the Lady of the Lake, I'm a demi-goddess. I'm powerful, I run my own dimension which has a nice island. I train priestesses. I can provide the ultimate protection. And I'm rich.

And this isn't my first child, I have had 34 other mortal children that all lived out happy and prolonged lives.

My Dear High Priestess Viviane,

I am not the one who would make the decision regarding custody of yours & Mr. Quank's child. That would be up to the judge.

Also as Mr. Quank paid me a retainer, I cannot offer you any advice as that would be a conflict of interest.

I have offered my services as a mediator (no conflict here because the parties and not the mediator makes the decision). I am sure you and Mr. Quank can work out a joint custody arrangement that will work out best for your child.

I will say that in all custody disputes, the standard for the decision is the best interest of the child.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
QUISLET!

you interested?

Er...since I couldn't reach you, we've settled out of court in the meantime. Reboot may now need some... creative assistance in justifying LW expenditures during the inter-administration audit, but that's no longer my affair.

sorry to have bothered you.

No bother at all.

--------------------

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.