Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
At first I didn't recognize him... it had been a while.

He was garbed in a purple cloak and said he was a member of an elite cabal. I asked what I should call him, and he just grinned.

"I suppose you could say I'm just 'in time'," he laughed.

"Justin Thyme?" I asked, thinking that was an odd name for a "Second Shooter."

Then it dawned on me who he was. It was the last member to join the elite ranks of Legion World Time Trappers. He was literally, "Just In Time."

As god is my witness, Lardy... it was STU!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
STU? No way!

Ex, STU loves Cobalt Kid like a brother--the way I used to! STU would no sooner kill Cobalt than I would--even after all that Cobalt's done to me!

Maybe, just maybe...someone wanted you to think it was him....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<Suddenly, just outside the Rookery, and out of the line of sight, another Exnihil winks in from the future. He watches as Ex from the past strides away>

Oh... past self... if only they had listened to you and your oblique cry for help, none of this would have happened. Now... I don't know... I think it's too lat.... ARRRGGGHHH

<drops to his knees, as another paroxysm of pain rushes through his head. He holds his temples with balled up fists as though to stem the tide of suffering. As his eyes cast downward, he sees three droplets of blood freshly fallen on the snow below. With horror, he realizes they're his own, dripping from his nose>

Please... I'm sorry... I won't doubt you again... just stop this pain.

<the pain again wanes, as Ex rises to his feet, wiping the blood from his nose with the back of his wrist. Looks down again at where it had fallen>

Oh... of course it is... what a sick sense of humor...

<he digs at the snow where the blood had fallen and pulls out another aged pocket watch. He winds it, and buries it again. As the wind whips across the frozen tundra, Ex shouts directly against it, as if in defiance>

FIVE O'CLOCK, PHINEAS!!!

<he disappears>

[ March 22, 2009, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahem ... sorry to interrupt, but I'm here on Security Office business ... Lard, they've asked me to bring you in for questioning ... say, is that blood on your sword? It's been a while since I've tasted blood ... would you mind if I just ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<in the doorway>

Its him, alright Sharky. It seemed too easy at first, but usually the answer to most crimes is the obvious one.

You tried to kill him Lardy. You've been hounding him for months after all he did for you, and he wouldn't even tell you the truth because he thought you'd be happier not knowing your past. HE OFFERED HIS HAND TO YOU! And you slapped it away.

And Clive, poor Clive. You killed him too.

<holds up gun to Lard Lad>

I'm sorry Rocky, but this man has never had any respect for intergalatic law before, and I see now reason let him hide behind it too.

Sharky, please stand aside.

This is for Cobie.

<moves to fire>

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

-----------------Interlude--------------------
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
At first I didn't recognize him... it had been a while.

He was garbed in a purple cloak and said he was a member of an elite cabal. I asked what I should call him, and he just grinned.

"I suppose you could say I'm just 'in time'," he laughed.

"Justin Thyme?" I asked, thinking that was an odd name for a "Second Shooter."

Then it dawned on me who he was. It was the last member to join the elite ranks of Legion World Time Trappers. He was literally, "Just In Time."

As god is my witness, Lardy... it was STU!

PS - This explanation rocks like no ones business!

------End Interlude-------------

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lolita, I will remind you that the Rookery is Pyngwyny ground and Legion World's Security Office has no authority here except what I allow. This man is a subject of the Pyngwyny Crown and it is my duty to protect him. I am not wont to violence, but unless you want an interplanetary incident on your hands--and to be sealed in a block of ice {his hands crackle with Ice Magic}, you and Shark Lad will leave the premises. Now!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
"No, Lolita! This ends now!" growled SharkLad, "I would never had tracked Lard Lad here for you if I had known your intention was to shoot him! Lower your gun!!"

"SharkLad! I said leave these premises now!" shouted Rockhopper Lad.

"I'm sorry to involve you in this, Rocky, but ..."

<SharkLad opens his mouth, unleashing his 'Shark Bite' [trademark pending] - a flurry of razor-sharp projectile teeth>

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rockhopper Lad immediately erects an ice shield between SharkLad and himself and Lard Lad, which deflect the teeth>.

Don't mistake me for one of those helpless little penguins on Earth that sharks are so fond of having as a snack. I will ask you both to leave these premises one more time. Please leave now.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Rockhopper Lad, I have no problem with you--Cobie always spoke so highly of you and you seem to be a great and honorable LMBer. But this...man

<hand shaking>

I don't work for the Security Office anyway anymore...

<suddenly Shark Lad and Rockhopper use powers as depicted in post above>

Lard Lad! Come out here you coward! Come out here!

<hand shaking, lowers gun, starts to cry, putting hand to her eyes and leaning against the wall>

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sharky, Lolita...please leave.

I believe I've been framed for Clive's murder and Cobalt's attack. I--I never wanted to kill anyone...I just wanted everyone to see Cobalt for who he really is. Killing Cobalt doesn't get me that.

<gestures>

Here, take the sword. While I fully expect you to find Clive's blood on it, maybe the killer left some trace of him or herself as well...

I've looked and there's no gun in here, but you can take my clothes for processing.

It's clear that I won't get a fair shake if I go with you, especially since Lolita here wants to execute without so much as my being questioned. So I'm exercising my right as a subject of the Pyngwyny Crown to stay put.

<sighs>

Lolita, you know I could have destroyed that gun or turn it on you with barely a thought...keep that in mind before you jump to conclusions.

Now, will you leave?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

<glares at Lard Lad>

I bet you could have. Just like you could kill me if you wanted to.

<looks at blaster; puts it away>

But I'm no murderer...even if I had to come here to see for myself...even if I'm too much of a coward to get even for Cobalt.

You say you didn't do it Lardy, but you still think Cobalt is a murderer. You still don't get it. Have you seen the holo footage of his shooting? You should take a look. In his final moments, take a look at who Cobie called out to. I wasn't there for him when he needed me, and neither was his best friend.

I'm sorry Rocky. And Sharky, I'm sorry too--because I'm done with the Security Office. I'll find out if Lardy did it or not, and whomever I find is responsible will pay for it.

In the most final way possible.

<exits>

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<looks at holo>

<shaken> God, is it possible he didn't kill me? I--I...

<pauses>

Sh-Sharky, you've always been a good friend...please take the evidence (and don't eat it) and give it to Matlock. I know I can count on you and him to give me a fair shake.

<as Sharky gathers evidence>

<quietly, to Rocky> Rocky--gods--somehow, some way...I've gotta see Des. I dunno why...and I know how huge of a risk it would be...but I've just GOT to....

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Lardy, I can protect you here at the Rookery, but to get you to Medicus would requiring pulling more strings than all the gossama-harp players of Lyra III combined. Unless--Lardy, I can't keep up with your powers. Can you shapeshift?

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

I'll do as you ask, Lard Lad ... I'll find Matlock and bring the sword to him ... still, the blood looks so tasty ... maybe one lick won't matter much ...

<SharkLad is about to lick the sword when his eyes connect with Lard's -- his massive colleague never seemed so vulnerable>

Never mind ... I'll go now ... Rocky, take care of him ...

<exits>

--------------------

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.