Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  26  27  28   
Author Topic: The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Miss Terious, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

You'll find that Legion World's greatest hero is excellent company to be in [Wink]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Confesses that the new Cobalt Kid Statue is if anything even worse than the old Cobalt Kid Statue and therefore shall suffer the same fate...

Or better yet...

<Green Energy flashes brightly and the statue is transformed into a group stature of the four most statuesque female legion worlders proudly displaying their obvious charms>

There!!! A statue of Spellbinder, Harbinger, Saturn Girl, and Miss Terious Replacing that ugly piece of junk should put this controversy to rest... FOREVER!

[ August 04, 2004, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

As nice as this statue is, and it is NICE, there is still something missing.

Ah, I know.

<Has Junior security officers and interns begin building a statue of Cobalt Kid in the middle of the four women statues.>

There we go. Something for the ladies!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

<A preset burst of Green Energy reshapes the fifth figure into a completely antomically correct likeness of Invisible Brainiac>

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
*SoM has one of his robots quickly cast some clothes over the iB figure*

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie's statue has turned into a regular statue menagerie! Glad to see IB recognized...and clothed! [Wink]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
[Dreamer] Hops in her Legion cruiser and captures a medium to large asteroid, hiring the greatest artisans of the 31st century to reshape it into a statue of that great poster, the Cobalt Kid.

The statue is placed slightly behind the lovely one of me and encased in INERTRON (tm), then painted yellow, and covered in protection spells by the magi of the Sorcerers' World. [Dreamer]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Now that is a fine statue.

I also liked the two of us posing for it and the fun that ensued... [Wink]

Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Abin, do you want to do it or shall I?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Terious:
[Dreamer] Hops in her Legion cruiser and captures a medium to large asteroid, hiring the greatest artisans of the 31st century to reshape it into a statue of that great poster, the Cobalt Kid.

The statue is placed slightly behind the lovely one of me and encased in INERTRON (tm), then painted yellow, and covered in protection spells by the magi of the Sorcerers' World. [Dreamer]

A single bright Green Energy Flash opens a huge pit under the statue and it swiftly falls to the volcanic center of Legion World. Superheated magma surrounds it and quickly cools.

The statue, intact, is available for viewing... all anyone needs to do is swim through the magma surrounding the core of legion world, break through the super-dense material surrounding the statue, defeat the activated protective spells and gaze in wonder as they try to figure out why they went to all that trouble to see that hideous monstrosity. [LOL]

P.S. did I mention that the combined effect of the defensive spells being activated and the super-heating and cooling of the magma from the core of Legion World have altered the statue subtly? It now looks like a statue of the Royal Inquisitor.

P.P.S. SoM, it might be helpful if a few random Mad-Bombs found their way (Encased in green energy of course, to prevent premature detonation) into the magma pool. That way anyone crazy enough to try visiting/viewing the statue will something to play with on their way to it. [LOL]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Myriad
The One Woman Legion

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Now that is a fine statue.

I also liked the two of us posing for it and the fun that ensued... [Wink]

[Dreamer] I had a [Super-Moby Dick of Space] of a good time! [Dreamer]

--------------------

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Now it seems that they're going to build yet another statue! Even more, the denizens of Legion World are getting the money from SoM's government budget! How'd they get access to that?
Reboot

Abin, Madness bombs are ready if you want to lower them in [Smile] One thing though - if they manage to break the protection spells to view it, won't it be destroyed? [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Now it seems that they're going to build yet another statue! Even more, the denizens of Legion World are getting the money from SoM's government budget! How'd they get access to that?

Simple, they hacked through an "unattended" security office computer.

Fortunately, the only part of the budget they can draw upon through there is the Security office's own allocation [Smile]

[ August 06, 2004, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Luckily the budget for the Security Office is unlimited [Wink] . How else do you think I pay everyone so much overtime [Big Grin]
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

[Dreamer] I order my statue to be encased in INERTRON (TM), painted yellow, and charmed by protection spells - only to be sunk deep into the magma stream beside the statue of Cobalt Kid. Oh and I've had the my statue mechanized as well. Now it can do this: [Styx] and this: [Stiletta] [Dreamer]

[ August 06, 2004, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Miss Terious ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.