Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Official Topic Drift Thread (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 76 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  74  75  76   
Author Topic: Official Topic Drift Thread
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I have two regular stores - which one I go to depends on my mood.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
There are a few stores in the Boston area. I have a pull list at one and that is the one I go to. I'll occassionally pop into the the others if I am looking for a Trade paperback or a back issue.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I like Boston a lot. Used to go there on business frequently and of course always passed through on my way to Provincetown.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I've only gone to P-town a couple of times but just as day trips. It is nice down there and I probably would enjoy an extended stay there.

One time it was to take some friends visiting from Scotland. They were blown away by the openness there.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Tea dance at the Boatslip. I haven't been there since the early 90's.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I've led a sheltered life, I guess. Never been to Provincetown.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

But I bet you've been to Key West.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I used to like Barry better, but my favorite Flash is now Wally West
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Barry Manilow use to play the piano for Bette Midler when she sang at the Continental Baths in New York City.

For those who don't know, the Continental Baths was one of the bathhouses where men used to go to "meet" other men.

--------------------

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

I think you meant "meat" other men.
Su
Mendicant

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Su   Email Su         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Elephants never forget! But then again, elephants don't drink...

Actually, elephants *do* drink. It's a problem in some places where they make a type of alcoholic beverage (rice wine or something). The elephants love the stuff so much that they will stampede through villages, trampling any people or structures in their path, to get to the booze and suck it down.
And now for something completely different: http://members.wnonline.net/sjohnston/missileguidance.html
(if you can get the sound file to load it is worth listening to).

Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hmm, I don't think we carry rice wine at SHAKES. Probably a good thing!

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Su:
quote:
Elephants never forget! But then again, elephants don't drink...

Actually, elephants *do* drink. It's a problem in some places where they make a type of alcoholic beverage (rice wine or something). The elephants love the stuff so much that they will stampede through villages, trampling any people or structures in their path, to get to the booze and suck it down.
And now for something completely different: http://members.wnonline.net/sjohnston/missileguidance.html
(if you can get the sound file to load it is worth listening to).

This info of course, has just made my week [Smile] Thanks Su!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Guess I'll have to reconsider all those stories about drunks seeing pink elephants!

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Are there any stories about Pink elephants seeing drunks? I seem to remember an old Harlan Ellison story...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 76 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  74  75  76   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.