Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
His tone was unsteady, but Red Arrow was used to this sort of tone. It was of genuine remorse, the type her adoptive father used when refering to his life of crime.

She replied, "The Thunderbolts was formed by villains who wanted to trick the world. It turned into a team of genuine reform, despite the actions of some. Now it's a place filled with the children of villains and heroes. I trust you at this moment Sir Roy, because I believe everyone serves good, even if it's unwillingly."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
***Memo to Arrow and Roy***

Look, guys, I know I've been buried in bureaucracy for the past month (I see now why Cobalt REALLY walked away! [Mad] ), but I've been monitoring my Omnicom for updates from you two that just have not been coming!

I need an update, STAT! If you've got nothing, then bring Jose in on the investigation. I've a feeling he could be useful.

Chief out.

***End Memo***

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Hokay your Chiefness... I, jose jimenenenez, will accept you most generous offer to become the the chief of the detectives of security!

Okay! Everybody out of the pool!

I, jose jimenenenez, the new chief of the security detectives and head of the under the covers investigations want the oralized statements from all of you about...

Hokay your Chiefness... what we are investigating, again?

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
[snerk] I hope Chief Taylor can deal with this... jose jimenenenez, Chief of Detectives...

I'm going to Cobie's place before I bust a gut... [snerk]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<to Jose> Sorry, Jose...you're not 'chief of the detectives of security'. That's not what I meant. I know you're all all over this place and know it better than anyone. I know if anyone saw anything suspicious, anything out of order--it would most likely be you.

Talk to Roy and Arrow about that night. See if there's anything the three of you can come up with.

Comprende, Jose, mi amigo?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<looks around>

Now where the hell are Sir Roy and Red Arrow?!?!

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
<to Jose> Sorry, Jose...you're not 'chief of the detectives of security'. That's not what I meant. I know you're all all over this place and know it better than anyone. I know if anyone saw anything suspicious, anything out of order--it would most likely be you.

Talk to Roy and Arrow about that night. See if there's anything the three of you can come up with.

Comprende, Jose, mi amigo?

Yes Your Chiefliness, I, jose jimenenenez, understand this quite very perfecto. You are be wanting to test my very highly developing detectivibg skills before you make the appointment to "chief of the detectives of the security force" el permenente!

So now I must inform you of the very strange and not right goings on which are be happening right under your rather prominente proboscus here at the office of the security!

Uno, first and hindmost! I think that shiney light ball in the foyer is alive! I know you gonna scoff your nose at ol jose... but I gots the proof! See these pictures? See what she's doing to that Enraged Bull hombre? I'd be enraged also if a shiney light ball was hangin there and doing that, you know what I mean Chief?

And that Everywhichway Girl and that New Medico, Archie? They was setting up some pretty fancy equipment right under you office. And she was trying to set up something else too... but he wasn't having any of it. Now you know that's not right. Pretty little seniorita like that and that pretty boy is... he must be one of them happy hombres.

That's all I got for you today your chiefness... But I get you something better tomorrow, you'll see.

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rocky storms into the Security Office>
All right, Lardy! What's the meaning of this ticket?

Please refer to Ordinance 12-B-II Section A: <clicks Omnicon> "Exceptions are always made for statues representing The Legendary Poster, Cobalt Kid and The Most Beloved of All Posters, Lash Lad. There can never be too many gigantic monuments to Cobalt Kid and Lash Lad on Legion World."

There it is. It was perfectly legal! Even if it weren't, Lash has overturned it on his authority as Deputy Leader! Not to mention the fact that the Rookery has the status of an embassy where you have no real authority. So why the ticket?

[ January 18, 2011, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<looks at Rocky's Omnicom>

Oh yeah, Section A was repealed earlier this month...by me. If you installed your updates like you should have, you would know this.

I can't do anything about pre-existing statues, but I'm well within my Head of Security powers to update certain ordinances without review as I see fit.

So, my good prince, the statue was not perfectly legal. We'll expect your fine paid in full by the due date. I'm fairly certain it's modest in comparison to your considerable wealth. The melting expenses should be well within your means.

And if you read Legion World laws, you and Lash should already know that the leader and deputy leader have no veto over security matters, certainly including matters of our ordinances.

Good day, Prince Eudyptes.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You know full well that I can vaporize my ice creations. But that's not the point and the sculptures stay.

It appears to me that this is, shall we say, personal?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Did I leave Thunder Girl here? I may need her to sit on someone soon...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

If that's how you choose to take it, Prince Eudyptes, I can't stop you. As you can see here <points to the Omnicom>, the time stamp on the repeal predates your sculpture. So unless I have soothsaying powers--and <glares> we both know I no longer have any powers--you'll find no prejudice in what action I've taken.

I'm sure as an upstanding citizen of Legion World, you don't wish to flagrantly break its laws. Well, do you, sir?

[ January 18, 2011, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Chief Lardy ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
By the way, Officer Blackmace has been replaced by some Lad with Glasses.

Methinks this takes precedence over any alleged infractions my and Cobie's statue might or most likely might not be commiting.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
By the way, Officer Blackmace has been replaced by some Lad with Glasses.

I'm aware of this, and Lad with Glasses has my full support.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Chief, I will not apologize yet again for the laws and customs of my home world. We've been through this too many times. I never wanted to hurt you. I've tried to be friends.

Thank you for your time.

<Rocky leaves in a huff>.

--------------------

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.