Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Kill-this-Thread III:The Thread That Would Not Die
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A world of our own-Legion World.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's right! I can't explain it to people. It must be experienced. Legion World space-rawks!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Somewhere in the distance, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida " begins to play.

--------------------

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
While I know what that song is, I really don't quite get the relevance. [sigh] Even among nerds I'm a nerd.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy

I recently saw a Halloween episode of "Home Improvement" where that song was used. It's just a cool sounding beginning to the song and it popped in my head when you said "rawks." No, I am nerdier than thou. It had no relevence whatsoever!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I mostly only know what that song is from the Simpsons episode where Bart substitutes it for a hymn in church and calls it "It the Garden of Eden".

Now, actual hymns, I know. I named my dog "Hyfrydol", for cryin' out loud.

I'm not just a nerd. I'm a choir nerd. [sigh]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Bart wasn't totally making that up. According to rock 'n' roll legend, the song was originally called "In the Garden of Eden," but Iron Butterfly singer Doug Ingle was too stoned/drunk/whatever to sing it properly, so it came out as "Inna Gadda da Vida." Thanks to inebriation, a legend was born.

And I'm a rock trivia nerd. [Yes]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I've heard that, too.

(the lyric bit - not that HWWey is a rock trivia nerd.)

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't have any good rock trivia, but I was scowled at by Joe Jackson once. :/

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Joe Jackson? Isn't he the man who gave us the hula-hoop?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, AND the yo-yo.

It happened at Barney's New York, the mid 1980s worldwide epicenter of scowling.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
I don't have any good rock trivia, but I was scowled at by Joe Jackson once. :/

he musta been Steppin' Out.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Meanwhile in Pittsburgh, a close friend of mine got to shake hands with Tom Baker-- continuing decades of one-upsmanship [sic] on her part that persist even today.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

never met him, or any other Doc. Got to ride in Bessie once. That's my only Who-related bragging right.

[ December 16, 2008, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I got Patrick Troughton's autograph. It was at a Dr. Who convention in Chicago that feature Mr. Troughton and Jon Pertwee. I saw Mr. Troughton in a hallway and asked for his autograph, which he graciously gave. I was too fan-struck to talk to him after that.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.