Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<elsewhere>

I swear I'll put an end to Clive's witch hunt before someone else gets hurt!

<instinctively touches his sword's hilt>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<enters>

Hello Tim, Rocky. I've been afraid of this. I was up in those mountains with Tim and Clive not that long ago when we went on a bit of a vacation from Legion World.

Clive is not right, indeed. The entire basis of the trip, I believe, was for him to get me to join him in getting rid of Lardy permanantly. And after our fight, I almost was inclined to go with him. Something needs to be done about it, but I don't know what. I'd hope it could be done gently, but I don't know if Lardy will let that happen. The LMB is so fractured these days...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rocky finds Lard Lad passed out in one of the Rookery's guest bedrooms that Lardy's used before>

<Rocky gasps as he sees a bloody sword among Lardy's effects on the floor>

<he debates whether to call the Security Office or to wake Lardy and talk to him first>

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<wakes up>

R-rocky? I'm at the Rookery?

<rubs head>

Gawd, I feel like crap. I'm sorry, Rocky...I seem to end up here after a bender too many times...

<sees Rocky's concern>

What's wrong, man?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy. {Rocky looks down, says a silent prayer} Lardy, Clive is dead. He was stabbed to death. {Rocky looks at the sword and becomes noticeably anxious} I know you, Lardy. You didn't...Lardy, you know, the Rookery is Pyngwyny soil. I can give you asylum here.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Clive's dead?!?! Shit! I didn't do it...

<thinks hard>

...did I?

<shakes his head>

Crap! Rocky--during the years where my memory gap is, they say I killed some people! What if--what if I did? And, if so, what if that aspect of my personality came out or something last night?

I...got pretty wasted last night. I...was dealing with some feelings I have...not just my anger at Clive. I--don't remember much.

<looks at him earnestly>

Do you know if I've killed before? And--are you sure I didn't kill Clive last night?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I honestly don't know if you've killed anyone. Before I met you, I know you were pretty wild--and with your powers--still...

{Takes a breath} Lardy, I wasn't there. I didn't see who killed Clive. You were very upset with him. Heavens, I was upset with him--disappointed in him, really--but in my heart of hearts, Lardy, I can't believe you killed him.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<notices sword>

Gawd...it's got blood on it.

<looks at Rocky fearfully>

I'll bet you a million credits that's Clive's blood on it! Shit! Either I did this...

<looks doubtful>

...or somebody's framing me...

<remembers something>

...Cobalt, something about Cobalt...

Could he have framed me, Rocky?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Cobie's--Cobie's been attacked too. I don't think he's doing all that much of anything right now except fighting for his life. Lardy, I don't understand all this, but I do know one thing. I've gotten to know the person who is behind the tough exterior you put up. No, Lardy, this wasn't you or Cobie. It was someone else, but I have no idea who.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Well, if you're right, then someone's going through an awful lot of trouble to make me look like I was behing those attacks.

<thinks>

I bet you anything the Security Office is looking for me right now...

<looks at Rocky>

They are. I can see it in your eyes. That's why you offered me asylum right off the bat.

<thinks>

They're liable to hang me out to dry for this--I'll bet they're really tense, especially with their old leader down. I know they still are loyal to Cobalt, and they know I've been after him....

<locks eyes with Rocky>

You've got to be sure about this, Rocky! Giving me asylum would NOT be without consequence, I guarantee you.

I don't want to put you through this if you're not sure--putting you through any misery is the absolute LAST thing I ever want.

So I have to ask...are you sure?

--------------------

Exnihil Exnihil has just turned 44
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<Exnihil enters into the Rookery, rubbing his head>

Lardy!

Thank god you're here... ugh <slightly doubles over>... sorry... just been released from the infirmary, I had a bad reaction to too much Nutra-sweet earlier.... but that's not important now.

You've got to believe me when I say this, Lardy, but... Cobalt... it was me.

I mean... it was... and it wasn't.

Should I just start at the beginning?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

uh...yeah, Ex--that would be helpful...

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

{Rocky smiles}

One moment, Ex. We have to take care of one thing.

Lardy, no one who has ever sought asylum of the Pyngwyn Colonies for just cause has ever been refused. As loyal as I am to the LMB and Legion World, I am Prince of the Pyngwynyy first and foremost and cannot shirk my duty. And my first duty is this:

{Rockhopper Lad spreads his hands and chants in Pyngwyny:}
Lly, Yy’dyptyyz Krysokom ky Rokk H’por kep D’zant L’yal ky Ollurem’yy Pyngwyny, wyl ff'yylpo dezara m'wlys ky Olluem'yy Pyngwyny ky wyl ffy ff'yylpo dyftor worynn.

Congratulations, Lardy. You are now a subject of the Pyngwyny Crown.

--------------------

Exnihil Exnihil has just turned 44
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
It was the campaign... the stress got to me. I saw a real chance to bring change to Legion World. To usher in a new age... an age of LARD!

It was then when he approached me. No one would get hurt, he said... it was just a harmless "Penetra-Ventriloquism" dart. I was to stand in the crowd as Cobie was making his announcement and, at the key moment, fire the dart. Then he would be ours. We would control the content of rest of Cobie's speech, I intended on having him issue an endorsement of your campaign.

But just as I fired... that's when I saw him. On the grassy knoll... the same one who had approached me...

The Second Shooter!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<Lardy squeezes Rocky's hand in tacit appreciation for what he's done for him as they continue to hear Ex out>

Well, who was it, Ex? Who shot Cobalt Kid?

--------------------

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.