Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't have much money atm (since I'm jobless) but that should be a temporary situation, so I'm willing to see what I can do. I'm also trying to find a friend to crash with because I really don't see myself being able to pay $200-something/night. But, no matter what (summer school, jobs, etc.), I plan on being there. Probably won't take the train again, though. [Wink]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What is it?

Fan table?

How much?

Why?

I really need to read whole threads. Is there a Schaum's Outline on this one somewhere?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The ultimate meet-up is at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con.

The fan table would be a table we purchase as a group. The cost would be $700 if we pay by January. The purpose is to make contact with other fans and get them to join our site. However, we would also be using it as a base for meeting. San Diego is a big con and meeting up is difficult on the main floor (fan tables are on the mezzanine (sp?) )

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
People who've offered to kick in $$ for a table:

Abin
Seymour
Lightning Lad
Miner
FC
Deddy
Yellow Kid

Count me in! [Smile]

I'm realizing this meet-up will be about two months before my wedding next year. I think I'll drop hints in the weeks before that I have cold feet and am running of to California. [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
RE: the table:

Cramer suggested I tackle this. I am willing to do so, but it'll be a couple days before I can print out the form, let alone mail it.

Eight people (excluding myself for the moment) splitting US$700 is US$87.50 each (or about $90 CDN), all things being equal.

To the best of my knowledge, those of you who have offered to pay have a more reliable stream of income than poor-student I, so my contribution here will be organization, postage and a heart-felt "thank you," if nobody minds.

If someone else doesn't step forward by this weekend, I'll assume it's my ball to run with.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
update:
we have a 9th person, someone who is chipping in $50.
If our listed 8 people each paid $80, I'd chip in the difference.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm willing to contribute too. Sorry. Just hadn't had the time to take up the cause.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Add me to the list of chippers. Sorry, I thought I had already tossed my proverbial 2 cents in...
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Kent, if you don't mind taking up the mantle of organizing it, that would be great. I just don't have the time to do it and would hate us to miss the deadline because of me. Count me in for whatever $$$ we need, full split or more.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I think I'll drop hints in the weeks before that I have cold feet and am running of to California. [Big Grin]

Oh, I'll hold you down while she kicks your @$$...! [LOL]

Why don't you guys just elope to SDCC and have a Legion wedding? We never saw Lu and Chuck's nuptials on-panel, did we? [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
When I think of Cobie, I picture Chuck...
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm happy to contribute for the table, too. Let me know when/whom/how to pay!

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd pitch in too. It'll give me even more incentive to get to the con!
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought for sure I had offered to contribute as well but I see I omitted it in expressing my enthusiasm for the "idea" of a fan table. I'm in for a full share (or more if needed)

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sean

I thought I had offered to chip in as well [Confused] Just let me know how and when you want the money?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.