Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » As Supreme Ruler of the Universe (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: As Supreme Ruler of the Universe
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
thats what underlings, minnions and henchmen are for Mearl and i'm sure you can find one or two on Legion World up for a good Hench every now and then.

Even Supreme Rulers need to understand how to delegate.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Sharing responsibility for the sun cannon just seems like it could lead to, well... cannon abuse...

I would hate for my reign over the universe to be remembered as one which led to unjust cannon launchings.

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
But as supreme ruler you simply retroactively declare any perceived unjust launchings to be just. And as willing servants of the supreme ruler we would accept this. (of course I would also declare an extra weekend and double cupcakes just to be safe)

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Did you ever shoot anyone into the moon? Seems to me that would be a really wicked punishment. People probably burn up before they actually reach the sun but with the moon, it's just... well, *splat*.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
They have longer to ponder on their trangressions.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
My own ponderings concerning the moon seem to catching on!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Did you ever shoot anyone into the moon? Seems to me that would be a really wicked punishment. People probably burn up before they actually reach the sun but with the moon, it's just... well, *splat*.

But there's no air - so we can't hear them go *Splat!*

And you're right - the sun's corona is actually hotter than the sun itself - they'd be fried millions of miles out

There's something quite satisfying about sending people into the sun... the screams and whimpers, and you get to pretend they're 'sunspots' if anyone wanders by while you're listeneing to their last gasps on the radio.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe he can shoot a barrage of parachute-cupcakes out over all your loyal subjects?

That way he gets to fire it - but not in a punative way.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, nobody else gets to fire the cannon! That sacred and heavy responsibility is mine and mine alone.

I am selling some "Best Of" holovid recordings of my cannon firings, though.

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Care to name any names - rich and famous who got the cannon treatment?

(Or may I say, cannonized?)

[ February 19, 2005, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
But there's no air - so we can't hear them go *Splat!*

If George Lucas had listened to this, he would not be a multi-millionaire today.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
It's been too long since we've had awesome cupcakes and space-cannon firings!

Hey, maybe the cannon can be fired at Pluto instead? We get to hear people scream for much longer!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost Girl
spirit of the night

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
I miss Mearl. I hope she is well, wherever she is.

--------------------
death becomes me

From: Shangalla | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I never really got to interact with her. [Frown]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost Girl
spirit of the night

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
you missed out. She was mega-kewl. you know when some people just show up, and feel like they've always been here? Like so many of the now-'classic' posters who have joined in the last few years did when they were newbies?

--------------------
death becomes me

From: Shangalla | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.