Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Fare thee well... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Fare thee well...
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Prayers for strength now and health and happiness ahead. We'll be waitin' for you....

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
You guys (and gals! sorry!) have been great. Thank you.

Thanks for the hug, FK! I'll take 'em from anyone right now.

Teeds, one of the reasons I posted my troubles was so I wouldn't just disappear. I wanted everyone to know that I am ok. Well, physically, anyway.

The separation with my wife has been fairly amicable, so it isn't as bad as it could be. Not even close.

I have an odd request, and I hope this isn't out-of-bounds. (Mods, feel free to nuke this post if it is.)

My request is - can I call you? I have typically been a very solitary person. In fact, that is one of the reasons for my separation. I do have some friends that I have been leaning on heavily, but I don't have many. Are there any people out there who wouldn't mind if I called them just to chat a bit. We could talk about comics or baseball or girly stuff if you are female or anything really. Or I might just bawl. I have been separated from the wife for a week, and sometimes the loneliness is unbearable. If this is something you will allow, then send me a PM of your number, what name I should call you, and what are the optimum times to call. It is probably a good idea if you are 18+, by the way.

I don't want to trouble anyone, but I realized what a great support network this could be. Well, ok, Cobie put it in his post, and it got me thinking.

Thanks again everyone.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to hear that. We'll all miss you.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
[Pinning this thread for a short while so folks don't miss it.]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Take care of yourself Lance. Come back as soon as you feel ready.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to hear about this lance.
We'll be here waiting for your return when you feel up to it.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
First of all, a big sloppy thank you to everyone for being so supportive. I didn’t mean for my earlier posts to sound so alarmist – I think I will still be on here occasionally, but not near as much as I used to be. I actually thought I was going to have to move in with my dad, who has no internet access. So far, that is not the case. I can only get on the internet when I go to the library, and then I am usually hunting for a job or an apartment.

Another thanks to those who said I could call them. I would likely only call when I am feeling terribly lonely, and I didn’t call anyone yet because – yesterday was the best day I have had since the separation.

It went like this: I went to church yesterday morning, and the church was having its Thanksgiving dinner. More food than I could handle! It is probably the only Thanksgiving meal I will get this year, so I was pretty happy about it.

I had planned to go and see the kids later in the day, but I called my wife around 3pm and asked if I could come over earlier. She said it was fine and even asked if I wanted to do laundry while I was there! (Which I did!) My youngest son (Patrick) was visiting his grandparents, but PJ (10) and Mariah (7) were there, and they paid so much attention to me! They showed me their Christmas lists and played games with me and we talked about dinosaurs and fought with me and it was all wonderful!

Before I left, I was printing off a portion of a short story I was writing, and my daughter asked if she could read it. I told her there wasn’t much of it yet and that I would let her read it when it was finished. This gave me the idea – I am going to write the story for my daughter and give it to her for Christmas. She will get the other, more normal, types of presents as well, of course, but I thought she might like this.

Thanks again to everyone for listening, and for your support.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful day with your family, lance! Your kids are so adorable.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Some days are ok. Some days are rotten. And some days, I just can’t stand it. Yesterday was one of those days. I was feeling so bad yesterday I actually did call a Legion Worlder. Exnihil was kind enough to let me call him. He was kind enough to spend 20 minutes or so out of his day (ok, it was on his drive home) just to talk to me. He was sympathetic, non-judgmental, and a good listener.

And it helped. A big thank you to Ex for letting me bend your ear. There’ll be a little something extra for you in your next paycheck, fella.

I also called my wife last night. I didn’t really have anything to say, but we chatted. There were no angry words, no acrimony, we just….talked. And it felt good.

Maybe reconciliation isn’t out of the question after all, I don’t know. The one thing I have learned is I cannot get through this with my sanity intact (such as it is) if I don’t lean on some people.

Thanks again to Exnihil, and to everyone who has been so supportive.

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know what else to say other than we're rooting for you.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

I am getting better. I am looking at this as a phase of our relationship, rather than the end.

I had my first day of therapy yesterday for my anxiety issues. It went well, and already seems to have helped.

Now I need to find a job. I was a stay-at-home dad, so I went out and got a job at Target. It is minimum wage and likely seasonal, but it should keep me from starving. So, I am incessantly looking for something better, but it's tough.

Thanks to everyone for being so supportive. You have no idea how much your comments mean to me. If I ever get really rich, everyone who has posted on this thread is getting an invite to a really boffo party.

[ November 29, 2011, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: lancesrealm ]

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Lance,

I am so glad things are looking better for you. [Holt]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Lance, I am impressed by how you are expressing yourself. Even in these difficult circumstances, you are speaking (OK, typing) clearly, calmly, fairly, and with perspective. That is a strength*.

*Remember that in your employment search!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats on the job! I could live at Target.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
lancesrealm fans: Be sure to check out his groovy Yolanda and the Dragon story over in the Bits forum!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.