Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The ALL-Karie, Girl of Tomorrow, Thread!
Karie
Tart!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karie   Email Karie         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Why does she visit Legion World so infrequently? Is she related to Thomas Fatsi? Is she really a time traveler?

She visits much more than she posts!

She's a... a... Lurker! [Eek!]

*gasp* I cant believe you called me a lurker!!

[Frown]

Sometimes I dont feel like I have anything worthy to contribute... but I'm sure I'll get over that [Big Grin]

From: Durban, South Africa & Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
None of us really do sweetie, we just post a lot and eventually something sticks. [Wink]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
they haven't got rid of me yet!! you're in the clear!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Karie:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Why does she visit Legion World so infrequently? Is she related to Thomas Fatsi? Is she really a time traveler?

She visits much more than she posts!

She's a... a... Lurker! [Eek!]

*gasp* I cant believe you called me a lurker!!

[Frown]

Sometimes I dont feel like I have anything worthy to contribute... but I'm sure I'll get over that [Big Grin]

Bah! EDE was just trying to goad you into posting.

I'm wise to his ways...

[ June 01, 2010, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Kent ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Exactly! If anything, your not posting makes me feel inadequate for not having said anything interesting enough for you to respond to! [Frown]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karie
Tart!

Ok, I'll try be a bit more of an active poster from now on... dont want EDE to think he's not interesting [Big Grin]
From: Durban, South Africa & Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
(he's also jealous that you look better in a fez than he does)
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent:

Crap! Kent does have me figured out, doesn't he? [Big Grin]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karie
Tart!

To lose some of the mystery:

Born in Durban, South Africa, lived there most of my life, except for two years in London. Have recently moved to New Zealand, as the company I worked for in SA closed, and I was having a real tough time finding work. So, I moved to NZ where my parents immigrated to 3 years ago. I am not loving the fact that I am living again with the folks, as I like my space and independance.

I dont actually have a favourite colour, as a kid I could never choose between any one colour as I didnt want to hurt the other colours feelings. It was the same when it came to eating vegetables... one pea, one carrot, one bean and so forth. I do like purple, green, blue and red... all the rich jewel tones, and sometimes, very rarely, do I actually like the colour pink. I used to wear it a lot when I was small, so now I think I'm just trying to even my life out with other colours.

Favourite movies: Boondock Saints, Watchmen, Pulp Fiction, House of Flying Daggers, Gone with the Wind, Gentlemen prefer Blondes, Rock n Rolla... actually I like quite a few movies, all from different genres.

ummmm... I actually wear glasses, and sometimes wear contact lenses when I go out. No one that I meet when I'm wearing my contacts ever recognises me with my glasses on. I know how Clark Kent got away with his disguise.

I dont know 27 languages, just English, Afrikaans, a tiny bit of Zulu, and an even smaller smidge of Arabic.

I love painting, and sometime in my teens I just stopped doing anything arty. I found some of my old drawings the other day when I was packing up my flat, and could kick myself for not sticking with it. I was pretty good. So, while I am sitting here in the land of the long white cloud, I am playing around with some paints and charcoal. Sorta re-inventing myself.

I was absent from the boards for such a long time because I found myself in a rather bad relationship, which took awhile to get out of, and to get back onto my feet. [Embarrassed]

Hmmm.... I think all that info should be enough for now [Cool]

PS: I do like hats!! he he [Big Grin]

Karie
Tart!

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kent:

Crap! Kent does have me figured out, doesn't he? [Big Grin]
ha ha ha ha....
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
One time I was traveling to a foreign country and a mischievous pickpocket almost made off with my passport and wallet, when a mysterious woman captured the thief and returned my belongings using nothing more than a high heel and lipstick.

I've long suspected this was Karie!

I suspect this incident occurred when you were en route from South Africa to New Zealand! [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karie
Tart!

quote:
quote:
One time I was traveling to a foreign country and a mischievous pickpocket almost made off with my passport and wallet, when a mysterious woman captured the thief and returned my belongings using nothing more than a high heel and lipstick.

I've long suspected this was Karie!

I suspect this incident occurred when you were en route from South Africa to New Zealand! [Big Grin]
It's amazing what the right set of heels and some lipstick can do [LOL]
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
So you're the femme fatale known in select circles as Lipstick Lass!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
i think she's really laurel gand's younger sister.

seriously, think about it, it makes sense.

....DUDE! You just blew my mind. [Wink]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Karie:
To lose some of the mystery:

Born in Durban, South Africa, lived there most of my life, except for two years in London. Have recently moved to New Zealand, as the company I worked for in SA closed, and I was having a real tough time finding work. So, I moved to NZ where my parents immigrated to 3 years ago. I am not loving the fact that I am living again with the folks, as I like my space and independance.

I dont actually have a favourite colour, as a kid I could never choose between any one colour as I didnt want to hurt the other colours feelings. It was the same when it came to eating vegetables... one pea, one carrot, one bean and so forth. I do like purple, green, blue and red... all the rich jewel tones, and sometimes, very rarely, do I actually like the colour pink. I used to wear it a lot when I was small, so now I think I'm just trying to even my life out with other colours.

Favourite movies: Boondock Saints, Watchmen, Pulp Fiction, House of Flying Daggers, Gone with the Wind, Gentlemen prefer Blondes, Rock n Rolla... actually I like quite a few movies, all from different genres.

ummmm... I actually wear glasses, and sometimes wear contact lenses when I go out. No one that I meet when I'm wearing my contacts ever recognises me with my glasses on. I know how Clark Kent got away with his disguise.

I dont know 27 languages, just English, Afrikaans, a tiny bit of Zulu, and an even smaller smidge of Arabic.

I love painting, and sometime in my teens I just stopped doing anything arty. I found some of my old drawings the other day when I was packing up my flat, and could kick myself for not sticking with it. I was pretty good. So, while I am sitting here in the land of the long white cloud, I am playing around with some paints and charcoal. Sorta re-inventing myself.

I was absent from the boards for such a long time because I found myself in a rather bad relationship, which took awhile to get out of, and to get back onto my feet. [Embarrassed]

Hmmm.... I think all that info should be enough for now [Cool]

PS: I do like hats!! he he [Big Grin]

awww Karie, you sound like a very sweet and sensitive person. i used to have to play with all my action figures and teddy bears at the same time because i didnt want them to feel left out! and then i'd feel bad for the ones i made act out the villain roles.

keep painting!!!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.