Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The TEN YEAR ANNIVESARY thread (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The TEN YEAR ANNIVESARY thread
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Happy Anniversary LMBP and Legionworld.

Some of you I have known since before there was a Legionworld...
Others I have met in the almost 6 years I've been a member here.
All of you I consider friends.
I'd like to thak you now for being there for me during some difficult times, and for celebrating my happiness during some good ones.
And a special thanks goes out to Nightie who has provided this wonderful place for Legion fans, old and new to come together.
Looking forward to the next 10!

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh has it really been 10 years?

I think Des said it best with “And I can’t wait for 10 more years of it” . I was there at the start and i fully intend to be here until the end.

When I first came to the LMBP i was gobsmacked. Here was a group of people who knew of and loved the legion. (the fact that you were, in the main, colonials could be forgiven for that one thing alone [LOL] ) Now at last I could speak to mature sensible adults about a comic book that most of “real life” friends and family just saw it as strange and weird.

Then of course the friendships grew and grew and became stronger and stronger.

When I first came to the LMBP I was married my kids were growing up. The LMBP saw me through the subsequent divorce, the bad times and then the good times as I met, fell in love with and moved in with Jen. Saturnday night Sunday morning conversations with Lardy.

I remember the feeling of trepidation as I boarded that plane and headed across the pond to meet up with Stu and Pov and Cobie and Quis for the first time. And how soon that passed and I knew I had found a bunch of friends. Well, I say “found” but only after I had figured out which end of the subway stairs to stand at.

I smiled as that visit seemed to act as the catalyst and various road trips were organized to Cons around the States. Memories of subsequent visits include certain LMBP’ers being called “Bad Bostonians” Pov being chatted up after losing his driving licence. A very short side trip to Niagara Falls and just stopping myself from shouting across a crowded hotel lobby to Bill, “Hey Loser.....” Cramer bringing mint sauce for Cobies new Girl. Kent driving miles to pick us up from the airport. Then there was the walking tour of New York hosted by Stu. A trip to the DC offices to see the editors of the Legion comic. Then the big one and flying to San Diego for the 50th anniversary. Hearing Abins voice on the terrace of the hotel and that big friendly bear hug that said so much without saying anything. Cali sharing beers with me, CJ’s love of chocolate and pizza and beer on the roof in SD. finally meeting Nighty, after all the grief I gave him on the boards.

Miner, Monkey, Rrockhopper and so many others i may not have named but think so much of, So many memories, so many people to thank.

To those I have met, thank you for being a special part of my life. I hope you stay part of that life for a lot longer.

To those of you I have not yet met “Be afraid, be very afraid” [Eek!]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay Faraway Lad! [Hug]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

And I can’t wait for 10 more years of it.

I'll drink to that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
*choke* Thank you, everybody, for being here, whether it's been 10 years or 10 days. You're one of the best parts of any day.

And Gary, for all your relentless hard work and all the hours devoted to keeping this place up and running - there isn't a thank you big enough!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I know one highlight for me was actually getting to meet Quis in Boston. Even though it was only an hour or two, it was like seeing an old friend. Conversation was easy, and I felt good that he took me to the same place to eat that you guys made the tables into an L at.

I've talked to several of the LMBP on line, through the miracle of mics and speakers. Beagz southern accent sticks in my mind. Talked to Suddenly Seymour on the phone a couple times, and he even got myself and both kids mentioned in an article he did about Free Comic Book Day.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
One-Tenth Lass [Wink] says, "Thanks, LMB."

That is all.

[Love]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Love you guys, really I do. Screw Folgers, The LMB is the best part of waking up!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Coming in here always feels like coming home in a way! Happy Anniversary!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Topic: The Legion of Message Board posters (from DCMB's "Legionnaires Forum")

Poster: MLLASH

Member posted March 12, 2000 09:47 PM

Charter members:
Lardlad
Cobalt Kid
Tsarin Kid
Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass
Lash Lad
Engine JoeBoy

Post here to earn full membership, including your very own replica Dream Girl barette and LMB walking ring which enables all LMB members to travel via the ground!

Our membership is strictly limited to 25 so don't delay!

Offer open to all posters on the Legionnaies board**** [Smile]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
^with authentic typos! [Smile] [Hug]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Happy anniversary, gang!

I've had the honor of meeting several dozen of you.... a fraction of the number I'd like to.

to me, there's no differentiation of LW friends and real-life friends; as Dev said, even meeting someone for the 1st time is like meeting an old friend.

Because of school and depression, I haven't been around as much, but you're all in my thoughts and in my heart!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Happy Tenth Anniversary gang!

That's what- paper? aluminum? pepperoni?

To celebrate, I'm going to read some Legion comics while toasting you guys with a can of the finest beer I can afford, and eat some pepperoni pizza!

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I still don't love the Legion that much.

You guys are mostly OK though.

*tee hee*

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
As long as you're having fun.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.