Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Celebration in the Streets! Epilogues and Loose Ends (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Celebration in the Streets! Epilogues and Loose Ends
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<privately reads a scroll he found in the wreckage of the Orrery>

So...here's the truth about my resurrection....Shortly after they were married, Dru found out from fellow Councillor Arun Nal, a Naltorian, that her husband was going to be killed in the near future. To prevent this, she went to Councillor Romaltus, Cobalt Kid's uncle and only surviving relative, and worked on something called the Resurrection Engine, a complex hybrid of magic and science designed to resurrect someone when the exact time of death was known. Romaltus helped her weave the magic half of the Engine and sought help for the scientific half.

Unbeknownst to Dru, Romaltus got that help from Dark Oval overlord Harold Ryan Wyandotte. Wyandotte devised the algorithm that comprised the scientific half of the Engine. The algorithm manifested on Legion World as a hologram with Lard Lad's personality and would post as him until hitting the milestone of 4000 would trigger the actual resurrection.

However, Wyandotte and Romaltus contacted Phineas B. Fuddle through arcane means in the Banned'Em Zone to put their own spins on some of the Engine's side effects that would benefit their own motives. Phineas would possess Cobalt Kid to make him responsible for Lard Lad's death and that would be Lard Lad's driving memory for a long while. They knew the discord his fervor would bring about would be damaging to Legion World's peace.

The temporary amnesia the Engine would naturally bring would be extended because prior to the actual return, part of Lard Lad's personality would be implanted in his old Protean companion Pro-D (who had been captured by Wyandotte and kept in a canister after the Invasion). That part of his personality would think itself to have formerly been a robot that had been self-aware. In truth that robot and everything about it was irrevocably destroyed by Lard Lad with its body when it was possessed by the Computer Tyrant. A convincing light show was set up as part of the engine for the LMB to make them think the virtual Pinnochio became 'a real boy'. But as long as this being (who became known as Clive) lived, he would grow increasingly unstable and cause more discord on Legion World.

Phineas ultimately possessed Lard Lad and used him to kill Clive to bring about the final phase of their spiking of the Engine recipe: the part of Clive that had been Lardy would return to Lardy and make him whole (but by then, his reputation and standing on Legion World would be shattered), while the consciousness of a future evil version of Lardy, "Dark Lard", would inhabit the now-vacant Protean form and become Phineas' sleeper agent to help destroy the LMB and Legion World, a goal that would serve Wyandotte and Romaltus well as the leaders of the Dark Oval.

<Lardy is speechless for a while>

So many implications.....

[ April 03, 2009, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: LardLad ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<rejoins the crowds and Jailbait Lass>

Lolita, you'll see an alert popping up in your omni-com any second which might surprise you... [Big Grin]

<not far off, Lard Lad and many other LMBers and Security Office employees see the same alert>

A new Office of Security structure has been erected for the new era. As Legion World is rebuilt under Lard Lad's term, the Security Office will be restored to its former glory.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, now that you're here, we need to talk. You...you said some things to me in the altered timeline and then told you meant them when everything changed back.

Cobie, I love you, and I've loved you for a long time. I want to be with you, forever. I know you're with Princess Crujectra, and I know how complicated your love life has been. But things as they were...it can't go on. I can't be your friend or your admin, or your partner in crime. I need so much more.

<stares into his eyes, putting both hands on his arms>

Cobie, you said you loved me. I need to know: where do we stand?

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<stares back at her, and his heart skips a beat at her touch; but he now feels all the torment inside his stomach and his soul and knows what he must do>

Lolita...

<looks down but then no--realizes he must look at her>

Lo...look what loving me did to you. It made you a target. Phineas went out of his way to attack you to get at me.

You've been attacked by countless villains in attempts to get at me.

I'm one of the most loved people on Legion World...but one of the most hated. Slim, Phineas, the Red Bee...all of them hate me, all of them would think nothing to hurt you.

I've thought about this a long time. Space Tart was killed once. Crujectra's world invaded and then again almost killed because Marcus, a former soldier of mine, hated me. And you've almost been killed numerous times.

I'm a damaged person. And it will only ever get worse for me.

I do love you, Lolita. I'd want nothing more than to be with you. But I could never to that to you--I could never ruin your life that way. My children are destined to be monsters, my wives are destined to be targets.

The only love I've ever had that won't be taken from me is the love I have for the LMB and Legion World.

So I'm sorry Lolita...this is the hardest decision I've ever had to make.

But I can't be with you. Or anyone. Because no one deserves that kind of life.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<hands fall to the side, and she backs away. His words sting worse than any attack on her ever before. She feels like she did when the Red Bee first attacked her all those years ago. Her heart is broken>

I...understand.

<she looks away; there will be no tears in front of him>

I want you to know then...I can't have it like it was before. I won't be your partner, or your admin.

I can't even be your friend.

<uses every ounce of willpower to hold back tears>

This is the conversation I always feared. But at least its all out in the open once and for all.

I could have loved you forever, Cobie. I always have.

This is goodbye.

<she immediately turns and walks away, not allowing herself to look back>

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<as he watches her walk away, he will not say it, but his heart is broken too. He does love her, after all. Long ago, the torture he endured by his enemies took away his ability to shed real tears. Yet his eyes go blurry with them just the same.>

Well, you cold-hearted bastard, I hope you're happy. There goes the best person you've ever met. The only one who hates you more than her now is yourself.

<walks away from the crowds, no longer in any mood to celebrate>

...time to bury myself in work once more...just like before...

<and a realization sets in: he truly is broken; damaged goods; something was taken from him a long time ago, and he can hardly even be honest with himself any longer>

<he flies off>

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
<conga line!>

Triple G leans close to Yellow, "Think they'll ever get over this?"

Billy smiles at his friend, "Oh yeah. Where there's that much friction between two people there's going to be a fire. Always."

They continue dancing with the crowd (Bob dances with grace and enthusiasm, Billy..well, he tries)

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.