Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
(none of that horrible black-and-white negative nihilistic stuff, though.)

Some of those were pretty good though. I got all the Marshall Law I could find, very twisted and kind of hard to follow but hugely entertaining.

Did anybody besides me read Fashion In Action? Fantastic! Hot chick super-spy fems in extremely cool clothing. There was even an issue with paper dolls. [Big Grin]

let's see..Omaha cat Dancer, Fat Freddy's Cat (although those were reprints), Justice Machine, The Elementals, GrimJack (believe it or not for the backup features), Concrete, American Flagg (awesome), Cerebus, Badger and even Elf Quest (because I had a girlfriend that liked it and all I needed was a flimsy excuse).

There was a short lived company called Silver Wolf Comics that I tried really hard to support. There was a book called Grips by Tim Vigil that I loved. Gawd it was good. The rest of the line was abominable though so once Vigil's book was cancelled I quit throwing my money away.

I'm even going to throw in a gratuitous plug for the best indie b&w ever Wordsmith!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh!! Oooh!! There's a back to back feature of 9 to 5 and Working Girl at the drive in theater!! I'm THERE!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to see the party still going strong. And I'm especially happy to see Caliente [Hug] and Tamper Lad [Hug] . It's been so long.

Cali, after the show, will you be up to karaoke-ing the theme song to those movies? [Wink]

Keep it up, folks. Remember our motto here at Stealth Soothing Synthetic Sanctuary: "Everybody have fun tonight...and every night that follows."

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Some of those were pretty good though. I got all the Marshall Law I could find, very twisted and kind of hard to follow but hugely entertaining.

wasn't that a British book? I followed a lot of Brit stuff, at least the stuff we could find over here (not Dredd, tho). Loved the Titan oversized GN reprint format. DR & Quinch, Halo Jones, all the Alan Moore stuff.

quote:
Did anybody besides me read Fashion In Action? Fantastic! Hot chick super-spy fems in extremely cool clothing. There was even an issue with paper dolls. [Big Grin]

Not a fan. I think it was a backup in something I was getting? I could have done without it.

quote:
let's see..Omaha cat Dancer, Fat Freddy's Cat (although those were reprints), Justice Machine, The Elementals, GrimJack (believe it or not for the backup features), Concrete, American Flagg (awesome), Cerebus, Badger and even Elf Quest (because I had a girlfriend that liked it and all I needed was a flimsy excuse).

Omaha was great! never read FFC. JM hasd an interesting premise but seemed a bit hit-or-miss, as I vaguely recall.

Elementals started with a bang (and a lot of buzz and warranted-hype), but it just took so long to come out, I drifted away... saw one post-Willingham issue; seemed like it had been drained of all potential.

thumbs-up to the rest (except Grimjack; never read).

quote:
There was a short lived company called Silver Wolf Comics that I tried really hard to support. There was a book called Grips by Tim Vigil that I loved. Gawd it was good. The rest of the line was abominable though so once Vigil's book was cancelled I quit throwing my money away.

There were a lot of companies like that.

quote:
I'm even going to throw in a gratuitous plug for the best indie b&w ever Wordsmith!

only read one issue. It was OK.

How about... Ms. Tree?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Wordsmith wasn't bad. The Renegade book I miss the most is Neil The Horse, though.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm the only person I know that was enthusiastic about it but I loved it.

Back to Grips, I actually ran across Tim Vigil at WW Dallas and took a little bit to chat with him about it and the comics company he started out with. I swear that's the best convention I've ever been to.

I'd have to go back and dig through the boxes but wasn't Marshall Law written by Denny O'Neil? and drawn by the artist that did League of Extra Ordinary Gentlemen (I'm pretty sure)?

Yes, Ms. Tree was pretty cool. Decent detective stories and solid artwork, it wasn't "dynamic" but it was very well constructed and a decent read.

How about Beanworld? Mr. Spook, the Hoi-Paloi and Gran'ma'pa. That was a very weird comic book but my little girl liked it when she was first learning to read so I have 20 some issues of it buried away in the boxes.

I liked Alien Legion a lot too. Straight up army stories in a sci-fi setting. It was a lot like reading Sgt.Rock or The Howling Commandos in outer space. Totally cool.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Today is my birthday. I share a birthday with Keren Woodward of Bananarama, so tonight is BANANARAMA NIGHT at the Sanctuary!!

WOOOOOOOOW!!

And take an occassional break from dancing to sample the 80s cake, courtesy of Fat Cramer -- chocolate with dark chocolate icing and a big slash of neon pink icing!

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

It ain't a Cruel Summer yet, so you'll have to be our Venus.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

[Band]

gee... we really need a Chick Band graemlin...

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Yes, we do.

In the meantime, we'll pretend that they're the 'Nanas in male drag.

From left to right: Sarah, Keren, and (maybe?) Siobhan.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just gonna' park the gift here and then run out for some pre-Unilever Ben & Jerry's. Y'know, just in case.

Carry on. I'll be back with plenty for everyone.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Ooooo. Ben & Jerry's!

I don't know if Phish Food was pre-Unilever. If not, I'll have Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I'll throw some shrimps, ribs and artichokes on the barbie!
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Thank you, Mr. Hogan. [Wink]

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

That's nawt a knoyfe!
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.