Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Election Discussion Thread: Feb 09 Edition (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Election Discussion Thread: Feb 09 Edition
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no problem with running mates, so long as we abide by the old rule of not allowing multiple IDs. For instance, I wouldn't be able to run with Maxx the Sorcerer as my running mate, since they are both my IDs. I like the fact that two different people get to play Leader and Deputy.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I have no problem with running mates, so long as we abide by the old rule of not allowing multiple IDs. For instance, I wouldn't be able to run with Maxx the Sorcerer as my running mate, since they are both my IDs. I like the fact that two different people get to play Leader and Deputy.

I agree absolutely, that's a must. No poster can be leader and deputy at the same time. Or be leader twice in a row--that rule stands.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
that makes complete sense.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin] :
We thought about that and decided there should only ever be one of the PCG that's available to run for office.

I'm too busy designing a new line of costumes for this coming fall anyway. I'm not about to turn my clientele loose in my establishment without adequate safeguards. pshsh- those guys would steal the tables if they weren't bolted to the floors.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I like that. Two different people. We all get busy and can't play for a while and if that poster is playing both characters the whole game gets a little out of whack.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
So when does the nomination period end, and the voting begin? And how long is the voting?
Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm reasonably sure that I'm only one person here. :/

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, being a newcomer here you might not be aware of the tradition of multiple accounts (referred to as "alts"). Primarily the alternate Ids are only used in the role play LMBP forums and aren't for much else although sometimes their creators like them so much they become their main accounts after a little while. I really do make an effort to speak in a different "voice" when posting as one of my other characters but they're all me.

Does that help?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[takes down notes]

Hmmm... Is it okay if I don't fall in love with anyone then ? I don't like complications, except when clearly labeled/boxed up as fic.

[Confused]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! So it's like okay that I'm Miss Helena Handbasket's Running Mate!

This is so Kewl!

Now like Gramps told me that traditionally the Running Mate's job during the campaign is to attack the primary candidate's opponents.

I like that idea!

I'm gonna start with that creepy Gary Concord... <Click-Click>

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
Yellow Kid, you should draft yourself a running mate! (Not me)

Just remember, Pov never wears pants.

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jailbait Lass:
Yellow Kid, you should draft yourself a running mate! (Not me)

Just remember, Pov never wears pants.

I love how you used "draft" and "Pov never wears pants"... it feels like perfect bookends [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Am I the only one who sees the inherent logistical problems with running and mating at the same time?

Or am I just too provincial?

[Styx]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

You'd be amazed by the variety of things Cobie and I have managed to accomplish while mating...

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
How else do you think the first few elections were run? [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.