Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » When Legion Worlder met Legion Worlder...... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: When Legion Worlder met Legion Worlder......
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LardLad:
It seems LW has been much kinder to Barry than it has The Waid, even though they were really co-conspirators. I guess Barry's such a nice guy and draws such purty pitchers, he gets a pass! [Yes]

Well, I think it has more to do with the fact that Barry interacted with us here at Legion World. So, he is more like a friend rather than a creator to criticize

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Dude, I have built such a wild, crazy, over-the-top persona on the boards, I know anyone who ever meets me wouldn't be able to help but be disappointed! Lard Lad is kinda my pure unadulterated id let loose and ungoverned by my ego and superego. Real Lardy gets drunk maybe 2 or 3 times a year, has been married 15 years and reads and watches TV a lot. Boring, huh? *yawn*

So my worry is, is it better to let the legend live on or let Dorothy see the little man behind the curtain? [shrug]

Or is your worry that your pure unadultrated id will come out whil with us?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Or is your worry that your pure unadultrated id will come out whil with us?

Scary thought. [Eek!]

[Wink]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
PPPS - oh, I also met Exnihil first at the Geoff Johns panel before I actually met him on LW!

I think, given the LW presence at SD, I probably hold the record for meeting for the greatest number of LWers in person prior to actually meeting them online!

Over the course of that weekend, I either spoke to, or sat next to in panels: Cobie, CJ, Cali, Kent, Nightcrawler, Rocky, Klordny, Quiet Darkness, and Suddenly Seymour... while having no idea who they were on this board.

I think the funniest thing is, while looking at SD pictures online, I came across Director Lad's photos. I appear in one of them, captioned, "Is this one of ours, or just some random passerby?" [Smile]

Now... Lardy, you want something that will blow your mind?

The Adv. 247 you won during Survivor:Marzal? I actually got that at SD and was showing it off to anyone who would look. At different times, Nighty, Kent, and Klordny all handled it... as well as both Mark Waid and Keith Giffen. So... if you know any CSI types who can extract DNA from a comic book bag... you have the awesome potential to clone both your own Legion creative team and mini-fan base!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

Now... Lardy, you want something that will blow your mind?

The Adv. 247 you won during Survivor:Marzal? I actually got that at SD and was showing it off to anyone who would look. At different times, Nighty, Kent, and Klordny all handled it... as well as both Mark Waid and Keith Giffen. So... if you know any CSI types who can extract DNA from a comic book bag... you have the awesome potential to clone both your own Legion creative team and mini-fan base!

Waid and Giffen touched it?!?!? They don't have their own damn 247s?!?! [Mad]

[Big Grin]

Seriously, what was the situation? "Hi, Keith...Hi, Mark! Wanna touch my 247?" [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I was hanging around at the back of the room before the KG panel kicked off talking to Waid, who was also just hanging out, when all of sudden Giffen just wandered in and joined in the conversation... so cool!

quote:
Seriously, what was the situation? "Hi, Keith...Hi, Mark! Wanna touch my 247?" [Smile]

Sure... it was offered to Waid... but Giffen? He's all hands. [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Dude, I have built such a wild, crazy, over-the-top persona on the boards, I know anyone who ever meets me wouldn't be able to help but be disappointed! Lard Lad is kinda my pure unadulterated id let loose and ungoverned by my ego and superego. Real Lardy gets drunk maybe 2 or 3 times a year, has been married 15 years and reads and watches TV a lot. Boring, huh? *yawn*

So my worry is, is it better to let the legend live on or let Dorothy see the little man behind the curtain? [shrug]

I think we all allow for that, and expect the real us to be a little tamer than the boards. As Cobie said, Abin is really the only one more over the top in real life. Well, Ceej too, but Abin's had more practice.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Dalls was a key ice-breaker. While some of us (not me) had met each other a little here and there, it was generally msall gatherisnf of two or threee, as I understand it (maybe aound 6 at San D 04).

But Dallas just had such a life-force of its own, a true bonding event, and I think our energy carried over onto the board and encouraged more and more.

Dallas was the first time I've ever met any LWers, and only the third time I'd ever met any internet friends (the other two had less than desireable results. not awful, but...).

I've met around 42 (if I recall correctly) of you, and it's been great.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Then there is the dilemma of using Legion World name vs real name. For most of the people I've met, I still think of and refer to them by their screen name.

We had no problem shouting "LOSER!" across the room to Bill at our first face-to-face with him on our Niagara adventure with Gigi and Far... [LOL]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
The Wizard World Dallas meet-up was awesome. I can't really describe it. Lash looked and acted almost exactly like I had imagined but everybody else was a huge surprise.
Yeah, (as I recall) we mostly used each other's LW names. It was so cool being called "Yellow Kid" in a crowd of hundreds of fans. One fantastic part was the fear in Mark Waid's eyes when we took over the front row at the Legion panel.
Awesomeness squared.

Even better was when Steve Wacker looked over at us and said "Oh, it's the internet!"
Onetwo of my faves... [Yes] [ROTFLMAO]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I think I have had the most Legion Worlders in my house.

Kent, Loser Lad, & Outdoor Miner sleeping over for Wizard World Boston, Faraway came up for a gab session, and Pov to use my bathroom.

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I had a great time when I met my first (and only) Lwer...Kent.
We went on a bar hopping adventure. It was a little odd to be talking comics in a bar, but lots of fun.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Dude, I have built such a wild, crazy, over-the-top persona on the boards, I know anyone who ever meets me wouldn't be able to help but be disappointed!

Rather, I think I'd be relieved. [Wink] Just kidding!

The first time I met LWers was at Boston. Almost everyone else had arrived and was waiting together, so I got to meet them all at once and it was a great feeling, but a bit overwhelming! It took a while to call people by their real names and not their board names.

Cobie arrived the next day and I probably embarrassed him by kissing him (on the cheek, like Auntie Cramer). It's a common way to greet people where I was raised, in Quebec, but not much in the States.

I thought people matched their board personalities - not the outrageous fantasy stuff, but the way they spoke, their interests and opinions. Except Abin was more outrageous in real life...

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and I think Quis is trying to set a record for being in bed with the most Legion Worlders. I lost count at San Diego....

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

well, truth be told ... I rarely bite people ... at least not the first time we meet ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.