Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Waffles! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Waffles!
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I like waffles.

They taste good.

I like them when they get all sticky.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Waffles are nice, but nothing beats a German pancake baked in a cast-iron skillet and drizzled with fresh-squeezed orange juice and a little powdered sugar.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
only if you haven't had space-waffles.
From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not wild about German pancakes. I grew up with them, and of all the Kraut delicasies I'm nostalgic for, that is not one.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"Kraut?"

Isn't that a perjorative?

What makes a pancake "german"?

What makes a waffle "belgian?"

If I put pancake batter into a waffle iron, would WWI break out?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
as someone 5/8th German, I feel I can use the term Kraut as I please.
German pancakes are not the same as our pancakes; they are kind of crepe-like, but fat in the middle.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Waffles

They just rawk!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing to make the day quite like a bunny with a waffle on its head.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teronna
Hello reality...leave a message after the beep.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teronna   Email Teronna         Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't it bunnies with pancakes for hats? And lemurs with waffles? Gotta love those lemurs! [Wink]
From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's not forget that many of us will be getting together this summer in a city named after a waffle dropped on a beach.

What? You never heard of Sandy Eggo? (Ducks)

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teronna
Hello reality...leave a message after the beep.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teronna   Email Teronna         Edit/Delete Post     
Rocky...lemurs are notorious for their dislike of bad puns. I wouldn't just duck, I would run if I were you.
From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

or hop as the case may be.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Better hope those wings can let you fly.

(Great pun by the way)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
mmmm. waffles.

good with:
strawberries (or certain other kinds of fruit) and whipped cream
vanilla ice cream and maple syrup,
butter and syrup with bacon or sausage,
butter and jelly,
...probably lots of other ways, too.

We need a mascot, like Lash's bunny with a pancake on its head?
How about a Lemur!? I'll bet they love waffles.

There's only one mascot who will do.

You all know that I'm right.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
You all know that I'm right.

Actually, we're currently all waffling over whether or not we agree....

<ba-DUMP-bump>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.