Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Happy St. Patrick's Day Legion World! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Happy St. Patrick's Day Legion World!
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
My parents grand-parents were all Irish immigrants so I'm ready to enjoy the Irish festivities [Big Grin]

You should be ready, dear... you've been practicing for years [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
My grandmother was Irish and my middle name is really Irish - "Desmond". But on Saint Patty's day I wore Khaki pants and a red sweater - absolutely nothing green. It's a holiday I've never participated in.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I had my birthday dinner party today and we ate -- chicken. Don't know what I was thinking. My mom makes the best Irish Stew...

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

We had Yuppiemart take-out pork bbq and sauteed collard greens for dinner. I guess that's sort of in the neighborhood, right?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I had a great day two-fold:

First, my boss and I went to NYC to see the Parade and then went to a few pubs. Yes, he's an awesome boss and I've been very lucky. Even cooler, we ended up playing flip cup with a couple of college kids--my boss & I and two girls versus a bunch of kids. They thought it was funny because my boss in his 60's. Little did they realize that I totally dominate flip cup and helped our team win most of the games. My suit was the perfect cover: they had no idea I'm a legendary partier from Uconn. Plus, I know how to cheat in flip cup in at least two different ways and I employed them both (in drinking games, if you're not cheating, you're not trying).

Then, as my "work day" came to a close, I headed back home and my wife cooked for us corned beef and cabbage (which we both love) for the first time. And it came out pretty good! We're both almost completely Irish-American. There was also Irish soda bread (not as good as my Mom's we both agreed) and carrots.

After that day, now that I'm all old and stuff, I was exhausted and only posted for like 15 minutes last night before zoning out on the couch.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.