Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » I think it's time for another Legion World Census! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I think it's time for another Legion World Census!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah! How about amount of times you've gotten sick off drinking! Times you had sex because you were drunk and regretted it? Times you've had sex with other people because they were drunk and they regretted it! All the good stuff!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Have you ever in your deepest darkest hour considered a same-sex encounter...?

Well, I would hardly call last week's LW chat deep or dark...! [Laugh Out Loud] [Wink] [Big Grin]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Came across this topic. Per EDE's request to me, I have created a new Legion World Census over at PCM.

As to including questions about favorite movies, drinks, etc, you really can't have those questions in one of these Polls because there is no "fill-in" answer capability, meaning the pollster would have to individually list all the possible responses. All possible movies? See what I mean.

But if any of you want to tackle one of these topics with a breakout list of maybe top 50-100 choices in a particular category (sci-fi films, comedies, cocktails, lagers, etc) then give it a shot! I'll vote in it!

As to the politics question, I have removed many questions from the last LWC, including the politics and religion questions (and have added several new questions on current and classic Legion topics.)

[I thought about "standardizing" the list on the political question to these possible choices:

radical-conservative
conservative
moderate-conservative
moderate
moderate-liberal
liberal
radical-liberal

But there are no widely agreed philosophies or uniform group of positions for these different categories in the U.S. and especially not internationally. (Perhaps, political labeling is itself the problem.) So I decided to remove it.]

The LWC will close sooner than before, a week from Monday.

I hope you all enjoy it. Have fun!

[ChameleonBoy]

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for setting this up Reep!

When I was contemplating doing this, it seemed like such a daunting task that I knew I'd never get around to it.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Lazy. [Wink]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks Reep! I plan to get around to doing this when I have work, so I can have something fun to do when my boss leaves the room [Wink]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I plan to get around to doing this when I have work, so I can have something fun to do when my boss leaves the room [Wink]

Just how much time are you spending with your boss in the same room anyway, Cobie? [Wink]
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

We share the same office! But what's good is that she's about 28 and a real big hottie! And the office next to mine has two women in their late thirties/early forties who are pretty hot themselves! When my boss is in the room it's enjoyable, and when she leaves, I go online at Legion World!

Oh, and I do work too sometimes...

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Lazy. [Wink]

Those of us in leadership positions like to call it delegating responsibilities.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
We share the same office! But what's good is that she's about 28 and a real big hottie!

28, eh? So she's an older woman! [Eek!] [love] [Big Grin]
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

[love] A lot of my day is spent like that to say the least...
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Lazy. [Wink]

Those of us in leadership positions like to call it delegating responsibilities.
mm hmm.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reep:

[I thought about "standardizing" the list on the political question to these possible choices:

radical-conservative
conservative
moderate-conservative
moderate
moderate-liberal
liberal
radical-liberal

But there are no widely agreed philosophies or uniform group of positions for these different categories in the U.S. and especially not internationally. (Perhaps, political labeling is itself the problem.) So I decided to remove it.]

I hope you all enjoy it. Have fun!

[ChameleonBoy]

You forgot my favorite, "Rational Anarchist"

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Or me, an "Apathetic Non-Involvist."
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd prefer simply to be called "Canadian", when asked my political affiliation.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.