Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Lurkers reveal yourselves!! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Lurkers reveal yourselves!!
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Future, Arachne, Lightning Lad, Varalent and you other lurkers. Way to step forward. It feels refreshing to speak up after years of watching other conversations doesn't it?
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
Hey, Future, Arachne, Lightning Lad, Varalent and you other lurkers. Way to step forward. It feels refreshing to speak up after years of watching other conversations doesn't it?

It does feel good! It makes me wonder why I lurked for so long when I always knew this was a great bunch of people. If I can't read Legion, at least I can talk about it now in my spare time. [Wink]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
After lurking about for about a year I found that I felt quite.... wary? maybe shy? anyway, certainly hesitant at putting my point accross to start with as there are these tremendously well read and knowledgable characters here and I didn't want to become their roadkill... after several months I started putting my points accross and on one controversial post EDE posted almost immediately afterwards agreeing with me, well I haven't stopped since. Thanks EDE.

Lurking is fun but joining in is better!! [Wink]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Laugh Out Loud] What Future said.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Feels good to come out of the Lurkers' Closet.
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
It takes only one such bit of support to bring someone out of the lurking closet for good, so I can empathize with Sonnie Boy. That's true for anybody, no matter what his or her Net or fan experience.

I waited for nearly three months before plunging ahead on the DCMBs, back in the Spring of 1999, and I was afraid I'd be "roadkill." This came from being only an active (restarted) Legion fan for about two years by then, picking it up again in my 30s. I didn't need to fear. Jumping in is the best way to get going. You soon develop a taste for it.

This, by the way, after having been around by then for 16 years on the Net and its precursors (CompuServe and local bulletin boards), and already thoroughly baptized in discussion fire. I still was skittish around Legion fans. That, shall I say, is long gone {g}

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sonnie Boy:
After lurking about for about a year I found that I felt quite.... wary? maybe shy? anyway, certainly hesitant at putting my point accross to start with as there are these tremendously well read and knowledgable characters here and I didn't want to become their roadkill... after several months I started putting my points accross and on one controversial post EDE posted almost immediately afterwards agreeing with me, well I haven't stopped since. Thanks EDE.

You're very welcome! I actually worry sometimes about us scaring off new posters, so it's nice to know I played a part in helping at least member to stay.

I think the potential anonymity of message board posting is one thing that can make you feel more secure. Nobody HAS to know who you really are, and if you screw up with your first few posts, you can always try again with a new ID!

Or suppose you post for a really long time under one ID, then get bored with it, you can always invent a new one, and gradually shift to that one, and see if anyone guesses who you really are! [Wink]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I spent a lot of time lurking and sometimes find myself still doing it....

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Sometimes it's impossible not to lurk when so many witty and intelligent posters like LASH,Thriftshop Debutante, and Princess Crujectra offer valuable insight and thought-provoking discussion. It's sometimes impossible to add anything meaningful that they haven't alerady said. I mean really, how DO you follow up a TD post? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Happy 50th post!!! It took a wallflower like me two weeks to get here, but I made it!!

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for macrab2   Email macrab2         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll join in, I'm a lurker at heart but I have to say I enjoy reading what you folks have to say. Really makes me enjoy the Legion much more.

Best.

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Macrab2, I really hope you'll delurk from time to time and join us! Like you said, these conversations and everyone's opinion really help people see the Legion from every angle and appreciate the characters and story more. I'm glad so many of we former lurkers are 'coming out' because it's always good to hear fresh opinions as well as those from legendary posters (or at least, posters who seem legendary to me), such as Lash, Greybird, Lightning Lad, TD, and others.
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Sometimes it's impossible not to lurk when so many witty and intelligent posters like LASH,Thriftshop Debutante, and Princess Crujectra offer valuable insight and thought-provoking discussion.

Don't be shy around me, Sweetie Pie. I just cast the illusion of being witty and intelligent. I put my foot into my mouth all the time! (shut up, Pov [Wink] )

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I mean really, how DO you follow up a TD post?

Oh just say something bumbling and pathetic and hope it provokes her to say something else witty so you like you're making a valuable contribution to the conversation.

That's basically all I do.

[ August 08, 2003, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
quote:
Sometimes it's impossible not to lurk when so many witty and intelligent posters like LASH,Thriftshop Debutante, and Princess Crujectra offer valuable insight and thought-provoking discussion.

Don't be shy around me, Sweetie Pie. I just cast the illusion of being witty and intelligent. I put my foot into my mouth all the time! (shut up, Pov [Wink] )
Now if only I could convince you to put your foot in MY mouth.
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I mean really, how DO you follow up a TD post?

With white type on a blue or black background.
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.