Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow didn't know how to explain her world. She answered, "Technology is advanced for the very few. My adoptive family has a business called OsCorp so we have access alot of things most people don't. I'm a Thunderbolt, so I have been to other planets before. Everything here reminds me of the Kree Empire."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like this kinda tech wasn't exactly commonplace on Earth of your era and universe at least. I imagine Earth hadn;t colonized other planets or had artificial worlds like ours in its vicinity?

Unfortunately, we're somewhat at odds with Earth right now. It's ruled by powerful and unscrupulous corporations these days. That's why we relocated after having been based there for several years. Let's just say they're not much for freedom of speech and expression over there anymore. It's their way or the highway.

They've withdrawn from the United Planets. Heck, even most of Earth's colonies have disavowed Earth at this point.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow replied, "There is a place called the Blue Area of the Moon. It's where the Kree-Skrull War began, and where a young woman sacrificed herself to save the universe. After that event, a sub-race of humans called The Inhumans moved their city there from the Himalayas. However, they later moved to Kree-Lar and took over the Kree Empire. They are doing very well at the moment."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting. In any case it looks like our earth's histories are pretty wildly different! Our databanks show no record of Kree or Skrull races. From what you've said, I'm guessing there were no Metropolis or Gotham City in your world?

<Omnicom beeps>

Oh! That might be the results from the material we took from the Danger Room controls...

<reads>

Hm. My DNA and yours....and a third that's a hybrid of two unknown races. Shit! This may be your shape-shifter!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow asked, "Should we investigate on our own or do you want to call in more troops?" She knew that Nrrev would be dangerous, but there were so many variables she could not anticipate.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hm. Are there any power sets that you think might be particularly helpful against this guy?

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow stated, "We need a diversified force. We need a technology expert, a energy controller, and a leader. The last one would be yourself...and I have an idea for what weapon you should use." This man reminded her of Captain America, and a shield would be the perfect weapon for this leader.

She continued, "We also should have a speedster, a magic user, and an archer. The later would be myself. Someone who can shrink or grow would be a bonus, but isn't nessecary."

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hmmm...that's a BIG power mix! We don't actually have all of those currently in the Security Office. We might have to seek some LMB help. Shouldn't be a problem, though, since we're both kind of an extension of each other and far from mutually exclusive...

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow replied, "Maybe if you explain some of the members powers and abilities I could help you construct the perfect team."

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Man, there's so damn many....lemme run a report on who's available and who's not. This could take a while. <looks through Omnicom> Damn! I've got some meetings I can't reschedule!

I'm going to have Sir Roy take a look internally to see how your shape-shifter breached security, or if this even was your shapeshifter.

If you want, you can find him and work with him on that. Or you could just use the opportunity to explore Legion World more.

Meanwhile, I'll get back with you tomorrow to see where we take it from there.

Sound fair?

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"I will work with him. There will be plenty of time to relax later," Red Arrow replied. "Thank you for all your help so far." She turned to leave the "Danger Room" and find Sir Roy.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

***memo to Sir Roy from Chief Taylor's desk***

Roy, I'm currently stuck in Administrative Meetings Hell! I need you to get with our new provisional Officer, Red Arrow, and look into a breach of Office internal security that occurred after the Office-warming shindig. She says you haven't responded to her messages, so please check them. So please check security logs and consult Red Arrow for details.

This is of utmost importance, Roy, and I'm counting on you!

***end memo***

[ July 18, 2010, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Chief Taylor ]

--------------------

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<as Red Arrow waits, the Security Office door opens and a handsome knight steps forward; he appears valiant and kind but also tired; there is obviously something weighing heavily on his mind>

Greetings, Red Arrow! I have recieved your messages and those of the Security Chief Taylor. I am Sir Roy, denizen of Legion World and new member of this Security Office. So like yourself, I am still getting used to this place.

I would be glad to show you around and check on the possible security breach. I have some experience with shape shifter myself--one such incredibly powerful one, Angra Metternich, was a great enemy of Legion World in the past, during a time where I made a decision to follow a new path in heroics.

<stretches out hand to shake Red Arrow's hand>

I would suggest we begin in the monitor room. There are devices which can determine whether those who enter the Security Office are from this world, or other alternate universes.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

She returns the man's handshake. Red Arrow noticed the expression on the man's face. She knew something laid heavily on in his heart. The mention of a "new path in heroics" pointed to villainy, but that meant almost nothing to her. Her very existence is proof that the line between hero and villain is thin.

"Let's go there then," She replied.

--------------------

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
<As Sir Roy walks with Red Arrow, she sees that may greet him kindly but every so often there is someone who clearly distrusts or even dislikes him; misdeeds of long ago still haunting him even now, much to his regret>

Here is the Monitor Room, and it contains several scientific instruments I hardly understand. By using the computerized data the Chief and yourself collected from the breach, we should be able to get some basic facts as to who the intruder was. Namely, was this intruder from another parallel universe—which always has a distinct energy aura. Also, if the intruder was a member of a race previously catalogued here on Legion World, such as a Durlan, the instruments can give us a probability of how likely the intruder was such a race. It’s not 100% accurate, but it will be close.

<notices Red Arrow focusing on the duty at hand rather than thinking too hard on her new environment>

I understand what it’s like to be a stranger in a strange land. Even to this day, I feel so on Legion World, though I do have many friends who shown me great kindness and put me at ease. Recently I was scarred horribly in battle; ironically, this happened to me decades ago, which caused me to lose my way for so long. The new scars have temporarily healed but the attack was magical in nature and for whatever reason, the scars gradually reappear over time. I must constantly receive treatments to keep them at bay, less my face resorts to his gruesome, hideous and burnt state.

<unsure if Red Arrow will show compassion or not, he puts up his hand anyway to stop it>

I do not seek pity, I only wish to express I know what its like to have a heavy heart right now. And the best way to address, is to focus on the duty at hand.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.