Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
You having a capon, Tamper Lad?

I don't think they call neutered turkey's capons. Those are castrated chickens and actually they are just a large as uncastrated roosters, though their muscle tissue is less dense due to the lack of androgens.

I just looked it up... a castrated turkey is called a hokie. [LOL] Anyone on Legion World a Virginia Tech grad?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Everyday Girl:
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
No little drunkette. You may not have a beer. And you didn't even have the first one. Now get out of here before I ask Cobie to spank you. You're too young to be hanging around bars. Why just look what that did to your Gramps. Think he'd be the way he is if he hadn't grown up in a tavern? No, that's for sure. Now sceedaddle!

Meanie, [Razz]
Everyday Girl - you're a cute little girl and I am not refusing to serve you just to be mean. Obviously, your gramps is neglecting his duties or you wouldn't be here. Oh, if only my sterling friend, Space Ranger, were still alive. You'd have a proper upbringing then. Any chance, you think, Space Ranger might not really be dead - just comic book dead?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Ecch! This Scotch is awful! It's sweet and fizzy and ...hey! Everyday Girl switched glasses!

No I **hic** Didn't! It was right there and I picked it up, I didn't switch anything.

And you can have it back anyway, Johnnie Walker Blue is better.

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

I just looked it up... a castrated turkey is called a hokie. [LOL] Anyone on Legion World a Virginia Tech grad?

So that's what the hokie pokie is all about.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Ecch! This Scotch is awful! It's sweet and fizzy and ...hey! Everyday Girl switched glasses!

No I **hic** Didn't! It was right there and I picked it up, I didn't switch anything.

And you can have it back anyway, Johnnie Walker Blue is better.

Why you little dickens, no wonder the Nehi kept disappearing [LOL]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Everyday girl has expensive tastes in scotch blends. Ever tried the new green labelled JW Ev-Girl?

Aparently it's blended from 15 single malt whiskies and no grain whiskey at all. I think it's labelled under different names in Diageo's various marketing areas.

[ October 10, 2005, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
quote:
No little drunkette. You may not have a beer. And you didn't even have the first one. Now get out of here before I ask Cobie to spank you. You're too young to be hanging around bars. Why just look what that did to your Gramps. Think he'd be the way he is if he hadn't grown up in a tavern? No, that's for sure. Now sceedaddle!

Meanie, [Razz]
Everyday Girl - you're a cute little girl and I am not refusing to serve you just to be mean. Obviously, your gramps is neglecting his duties or you wouldn't be here. Oh, if only my sterling friend, Space Ranger, were still alive. You'd have a proper upbringing then. Any chance, you think, Space Ranger might not really be dead - just comic book dead?
Now just why do you think I'm turning into a little lush here Mr. Semi? I mean aside from the fact that I inherited Great Uncle Spacey's job as Assistant Chief of Legion World Security and I **Hic** have to spend all day trying to keep Cobalt kids hands off of my pert little bottom.

It's because Uncle Spacey is D-E-A-D, dead and I miss him... And he isn't coming back... And I really miss him...

And the only good things I can think of from him dying is that I'll never have to eat Lima Beans again and he won't fly in and take the drink out of my hand.

Except I really wish he would...

**SOB**

[ October 10, 2005, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Everyday Girl ]

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Arent you in the wrong thread, TL? That sort of info is a real thread-killer if ever I heard it... [Wink]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"You do the hokie pokie and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!"

It's all so clear now.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

I don't know, but next Saturday when I watch US College Football and the VT highlights come on I'm screaming GO HOKIES at my televison.

What genius names their school's sports teams after castrated turkeys?

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, TL, our university named it's football team after a bunch of girls name Gael. I mean, it's Scottish and everything, so couldn't they have called them the Heathers -- or was that already taken?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Wasnt "Heathers" the name of a hokey movie starring Winona Ryder and Shannen Doherty?
Tamper Lad

It took me some time to come to terms that our teams were named after the girl cheerleaders in the Scottish outfit doing that highland dance.
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

When I was in grad school at Wayne State, they still called their teams "The Tartars". There were silhouettes of a Mongolian warrior all over campus. They now call themselves "The Warriors", which is alliterative and that's the best I can say about it.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Anyone on Legion World a Virginia Tech grad?

Yeah. The Hokie-as-castrated-turkey thing is apparently apocryphal, though I often enjoy spreading the myth myself.

The Straight Dope.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.