Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kid Prime's room! (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 86 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  84  85  86   
Author Topic: Kid Prime's room!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
I love how they reuse the same mold three times at least out of what, six or seven toys?

Yeah, but when they did it for Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen, it was COOL!

(I think Prowl-Bot hurt me the most of all.) [Frown]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Am I going to have to BAN you and Shit-Bot from my couch???

<<Advances toward Stu and Shit-Bot menacingly>>

[disarms KP with a friendly smile] [Smile]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Curses! Foiled again!

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
[Smile]

Plus, I've also stockpiled some "Jeff's kryptonite" in my pantry... [Wink]

Kid Prime
Founder

And we all know what THAT can cause to happen...

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Well, in an effort to clear my mind of Shit-Bot and his ilk, I think it's time to talk about my very FAVORITE Decepticon cassette...

16. Ravage

-

Function: Saboteur

Ravage operates alone. Megatron and Soundwave send him on missions which require the utmost stealth and secrecy. He is quiet, almost thoughtful in his way. Very methodical. He is one of the craftiest of all the Decepticons, though he does not speak. He is very cool, very collected, which describes his personality as well. Very cool. Very catlike. And very dangerous, since he can strike from the darkness practically at will.

Ravage is able to hide himself from sensors, making him a perfect choice for the covert missions in which he excels. He is able to vanish in the shadows completely. He can move completely silently. He also has enormous tracking ability... his visual, audio, and olfactory sensors are far superior to most other Transformers. However, the payoff for his cloaking abilities is his relative lack of firepower compared to most other Decepticons. He carries two fairly powerful proton bombs, generally more than enough for the sabotage and assassination missions on which he is sent, but once those are used, his attack capability is virtually gone. Though his fighting ability is superior, his small size limits his strength significantly, which means he is not a physical threat to most Autobots. Still, Ravage is an extremely valuable asset to Megatron in completing the stealth missions in which he so excels.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This one is cool KP. But what's the deal with cassettes? I don't think I ever saw these before but I may have missed an earlier mention in your room. Did they serve any purpose but posing as cassettes?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Of course Ravage is amazing! One of the most dangerous cassettes, even without heavy firepower or piledrivers. [Wink] I loved him in G1 and even his appearence in Beast Wars, although the Russian accent and the robot to cassette transform (while a nice homage) from the latter seemed a bit forced.

For a mostly ground worker, Ravage was hella efficent. On par with Laserbeak in regards to recon.

Kid Prime
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
This one is cool KP. But what's the deal with cassettes? I don't think I ever saw these before but I may have missed an earlier mention in your room. Did they serve any purpose but posing as cassettes?

Mainly, in the cartoon, they got to hang out in Soundwave's chest until needed. He'd touch his eject button and they'd pop out.

However, as far as toys, the cassettes were AWESOME. Definitely some of the coolest transformers. And their playability (because they fit inside Soundwave just like in the cartoon) was WAY high. They were just neat. There were a couple of instances in the cartoon where the cassette transformation played a role in the story, but they were few and FAR between (I can only think of 3 times, myself)

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Nighty, I don't suppose there's any possibility of digging up the Transformers profiles I lost due to the Great Utah Darkness, is there?

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Nighty, I don't suppose there's any possibility of digging up the Transformers profiles I lost due to the Great Utah Darkness, is there?

I wish I could. [Urk!]

I'm sorry. [Frown]

[ November 04, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

It's okay.

I just hate doing creative things twice. I should have saved them. I lost Rumble, Frenzy, and Springer.

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
It's okay.

I just hate doing creative things twice. I should have saved them. I lost Rumble, Frenzy, and Springer.

Whoa! [Frown] I thought only one was lost. The others must have been done while I was at work that weekend. How about I promise to save this thread each time you post them in the future. [Cool]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Actually, I'm probably going to start saving them myself as I do them from now on. But thank you, my friend.

Now I have to at least do Rumble and Frenzy again so I can finish the cassettes...

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was funny that the cartoon gave Rumble a "Noo Yawk" kinda accent...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 86 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  84  85  86   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.