Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think so. You actually seem more familiar with the equipment than me. Let's go take a look.

<both exit the room and go to the control area>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow began examing the computer logs. She replied, "Last log is marked as "mantienence" which is probably a virus scan." She then noticed a blond hair on the console. Both her hair and Anthony's was dark so it must have been someone else. She asked, "Do you know any blonds?"

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Um, lots. But we can take it to the lab for DNA analysis. <takes a kit out> We'll take that hair... <puts in test tube> and some swabs from the controls that would have to be used to adjust the settings that way... <swabs them and puts the swabs in another test tube>

So how'd I do in there?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow replied, "You did pretty good for a beginner. It won't be long before we're busting drug lords together. And you can teach me more about saving the universe."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Heh. Felt good to let loose physically like that. Gotta work on not using lethal force, however. Officers can use it, of course, but it's not always necessary. The LMB itself, though, forbids its use. So it's a lot to get used to.

I've been a part of the Security Office in its old iterations but never had to kill anyone. That said, I have killed before...have you?

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow replied, "Citizen V forbid the use of lethal force in the Thunderbolts. I almost killed Tyrian with a gun, but Mockingbird stopped me." She thought about her arch-enemy. Emily would be happy never to see him again.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hm. I'd advise you to avoid it at all costs, at least in a situation where emotion is a factor. The people I killed were horrible people...all murderous and evil. But when I killed them, I had a choice and gave in to my desire to make them pay for what they did to me and some people I loved. It felt good at the time, but they haunt me still.

Kinda felt too easy killing those simulations back there. Not easy in the sense that they were unchallenging--gods they were! But the snapping of their necks and the like...that just came too naturally for me.

I need your help to learn some of your nonlethal measures. Maybe you can teach me how to use a bow and arrow and to stock nonlethal ones like the boxing glove arrow. Maybe you can help me with my marksmanship on stun guns, also. My sword...just isn't good for nonlethal combat.

Gods...I miss my powers and how useless I feel sometimes without them...

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"There was a man in my universe called The Punisher. He had no super-powers, only guns and the willingness to kill. His war was without end and I don't think he died satisfied," Red Arrow said. "However, he managed to fight a god-like being called The Sentry and won. Us street-levelers have to rely on our brains as much as our powers. But you know, I think at the end of the day we are just as good if not better than cosmic heroes. We see alot more human suffering than they do, and in return we personally help more lives. The woman in Manhattan doesn't about epic battles with aliens, but she will remember that you saved her life."

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

'Woman in Manhattan'? You mean the one in the simulation that we didn't get around to rescuing? Yeah, I guess.

That universe you came from sounds pretty interesting, actually.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow asked, "Does New York exist in this universe?" It was a subject she could no longer avoid. The city was such a part of her identity, you could even say it was a main character in her life.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yes, Arrow, it does...sort of. North America is pretty much one big city called "Metropolis" these days. Centuries ago, there were separate cities called New York and Metropolis. Now, everything's Metropolis there. But the area that was New York still retains some of it's old flavor as i understand it.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow was surprised. How could most of North America be a city? Don't they need farms? She now had to ask this question. "What is Colorado like? Are there still mountains, drug cartels, and weird cults?"

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I dunno, Emily. I'm not actually from Earth. I'm from a small colony called GusCrek. The LMB was originally based in Metropolis before we ultimately moved here, but I never fully explored it. I think, however, most of the farming is done in special biodomes and not so much on farmlands. Earth also imports a lot of food from offworld. You can look all this stuff in the Office databanks if you'd like.

By the way, are you from the 31st century on your Earth or from the 21st? I'm a little unclear on that, and you seem to have a lot of affinity for that era.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow answers, "I was born in 2010...the year I came from is 2029. Marvel Girl went through my mind and discovered I was born in October."

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Ah...I'm surprised you've adapted so well to our futuristic setting. Unless technology has advanced considerably quicker in your universe?

--------------------

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.