Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty quiet here. Good food, though. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, Mr. Semi, **Hic** May I please have another Michelob Lite?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
No little drunkette. You may not have a beer. And you didn't even have the first one. Now get out of here before I ask Cobie to spank you. You're too young to be hanging around bars. Why just look what that did to your Gramps. Think he'd be the way he is if he hadn't grown up in a tavern? No, that's for sure. Now sceedaddle!
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Now hang on, Semi, at least give the poor warn-looking chick a drink....maybe a Grape Nehi?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Happy Thanksgiving Arachne and Tamper Lad. Hope you both had a great dinner. Did you spend it with family?

Clarify something for me - in US, Thanksgiving is celebrated in the last week of November, right? Is the Canadian holiday therefore celebrated somewhat earlier?

[ October 10, 2005, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: legionadventureman ]

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yep. This weekend. Someting to do with the harvest being earlier, I think.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Semi, I'm spending Thanksgiving all by myself this year. Parents went up to my brothers' place. I wasn't going to do the turkey thing but I was out across town and found a place that had mini-turkeys while buying pumpkin tarts, which were to be my Thanksgiving treat.

I'm still gonna have leftovers forever even with a tiny turkey.

[ October 10, 2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I miss Canadian Thanksgiving. Next year, I'm going back for it.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, LAM, US Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday of November. Nominally, we have a holiday called "Columbus Day" today, but it's mostly ignored except by banks, the federal government and a few cities here and there.

Oh, the usual, please.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Now hang on, Semi, at least give the poor warn-looking chick a drink....maybe a Grape Nehi?

My radar tells me this is a bad idea.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

You having a capon, Tamper Lad?
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
No little drunkette. You may not have a beer. And you didn't even have the first one. Now get out of here before I ask Cobie to spank you. You're too young to be hanging around bars. Why just look what that did to your Gramps. Think he'd be the way he is if he hadn't grown up in a tavern? No, that's for sure. Now sceedaddle!

Meanie, [Razz]

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Where did that Nehi go that i ordered for this tragic-looking waif?
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ecch! This Scotch is awful! It's sweet and fizzy and ...hey! Everyday Girl switched glasses!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Actually, LAM, US Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday of November. Nominally, we have a holiday called "Columbus Day" today, but it's mostly ignored except by banks, the federal government and a few cities here and there.

Oh, the usual, please.

Thanks for the info, Rockhopper, we in Australia dont celebrate Thanksgiving, altho we do have turkey around Xmas time - but no cranberries, or yams, or sweet potatoes all of which sound scrumptious! [Drool]

[ October 10, 2005, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: legionadventureman ]

This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.