Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The LMB Wiki! (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: The LMB Wiki!
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Amazing. I hadn't realized there was this much to discover about LMBP history.

Thanks for all the hard work, gang!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
A couple more articles up, this time for a couple of guys that were involved in a "Spaceopoly" project of mine a few years back, but subsequently became scarce on LW:

Floating Foxlike Creature

and

Gamara

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, putting up articles for characters that are not my personal creations, but, as activity on the wiki has been sort of slow recently, I figured no one would mind. Besides, the beauty of it being in wiki format is that anyone can modify bits later on they have different outlooks on.

If anyone would like an article for themselves, but doesn't really want to do the legwork, I hereby volunteer my services as your ghostwriter. I just really dig doing research.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Ex! You sure are swell! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
Good choice Rockhopper, "individuals" is the perfect solution (except in cases of colony-beings like Swarm [Smile] ).

Not to suggest going back to "people", but I just had a thought-- in a century where society is made up of many civilized species, "person" and "people" would no longer be synonymous with "humans" anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
It probably wouldn't be, Shiny, but then we're not in that century yet. [Wink]

Did I misunderstand that the wiki sort of is? [Smile]

But that's moot, "individuals" works great.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Quick opinion question -

Though I don't intend on writing these articles personally, for the purpose of link consolidation, what would you guys say is the preferred main title to which redirects should point for these two?

"Spellbinder" or "Princess Crujectra"? I'm thinking the former, as that is her "LMB" name.

and

Stu - should the links point to a main article called "Stu", "STU", "Stu Rat" or "Iron Rat"?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

Oh... and actually, now that I look again:

"Jailbait Lass" or "Lolita"?

and

"Clive" or "Virgin Lad"?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I would ask Cru which one he prefers. It's really his call. Even though he doesn't post here much these days, he'd probably respond to a PM.

Definitely "Lolita". The chracter dislikes "Jailbat Lass".

STU in all caps was used the longest, though he may a preference.

And, of course, Lardy would be one to decide on Clive, though the Virgin Lad identity was short-lived.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Another one would be Kid Marvel, aka Joeboy, Joe-Boy Harvestar and the Jokester. My feeling there would be to go with Kid Marvel, though, again, he may prefer another.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

"Clive" or "Virgin Lad"?

I'd go with "Clive Taylor" there, as Rocky suggests. The Virgin Lad identity was one he took up after he became mentally unbalanced.

quote:

If anyone would like an article for themselves, but doesn't really want to do the legwork, I hereby volunteer my services as your ghostwriter. I just really dig doing research.

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but were there any particular of my characters or concepts you want to take a crack at? I'm super-focused on LotO right now and don't anticipate getting back to the Wiki anytime soon, so I might be game if you are. (BTW, was that you reading "Smoke and Mirrors" as a visitor yesterday?)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
(BTW, was that you reading "Smoke and Mirrors" as a visitor yesterday?)

Oh, you are such a stalker! [Wink] Yeah, that was me. I was writing up some articles on a few of the political "subgroups" that Cobie had linked to in one of his articles, and "Smoke and Mirrors" was the primary case that called in the "Legion of Former Deputies".

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:

quote:

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but were there any particular of my characters or concepts you want to take a crack at?
Nothing specific... I was just saying if there was anybody who wanted an article written up, but either didn't feel like trawling through old posts for details, or just wasn't really into writing that much, that I would love to do it on their behalf. That said, Lardy, I wouldn't mind doing one up for old "Clive", if you wanted.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
If you want to contact Cru, try Facebook. He's been a bit too busy to log onto the boards for a while now.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Nothing specific... I was just saying if there was anybody who wanted an article written up, but either didn't feel like trawling through old posts for details, or just wasn't really into writing that much, that I would love to do it on their behalf. That said, Lardy, I wouldn't mind doing one up for old "Clive", if you wanted.

Go ahead, if you want--I'd love to see your take on his history! [Yes] And, as I said, I'm a little too consumed with "Lord of the Oval" to do anything with the Wiki. Let me know if there are any blanks you need to fill.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Whew... down the rabbit hole with Clive.

I started researching him yesterday and that is one complex history for a guy who only kicked around for a couple years! I like the challenge, though, and I think I'll be able to do it justice. I'll bounce it off you in a couple days.

So... a categorization question for anybody that wants to chime in:

What do you think would be a good category for people who are not themselves heroes, villains, or even allies of the LMB... just peripheral characters that one or more members might know? I'm looking for a blanket term to cover both personal associates and family members.

In a fictional setting, you could say "supporting characters" and that would cover people like Lois Lane and Alfred Pennyworth, but if we don't want to have references to the fictional nature of these stories, what would you call such people?

I was thinking that "associates" itself might just be best, but do you think that is too formal a term to be inclusive of family members, as well?

Thoughts?

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
They don't all live on Legion World, right? So we can't call them citizens.

Associates sounds good. Certainly better than "Others".

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I think either "supporting characters" or "associates" would work. I guess I prefer the former to the latter a little. Of course, there's also "Gen-Chars", though admittedly some of those have played a much bigger role than others.
quote:
Whew... down the rabbit hole with Clive.

I started researching him yesterday and that is one complex history for a guy who only kicked around for a couple years! I like the challenge, though, and I think I'll be able to do it justice. I'll bounce it off you in a couple days.

Yeah, I "saw" you researching some of Clive's highlights and took a stroll down memory lane. I know Clive as "Lard Lad Robot" first popped up during the time Lardy left LW to live on the Sorceror's World after he married Dru. He had a pretty steady presence. Then, after Lardy returned to active duty around Five Faces of Death, both Lardy and Clive had parallel storylines.

I wonder if you've discovered how Clive came to take his name? [Hmmm?]

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.