Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobie's - Midnight Exclusive Lounge (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Cobie's - Midnight Exclusive Lounge
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobalt signals a waitress and she brings both another bottle of pinot noir as well as a very high end scotch, with two scotch glasses>

I'm more of a scotch man myself, these days.

<pours a scotch glass>

The way you talked about Dev, just now. It was interesting. I think despite yourself, despite what you expected yourself to feel, you actually made a connection with Dev. And now, because you're used to the idea of romance leading to disaster, you're afraid romance will ultimately destroy that connection.

<sips the scotch>

Its a feeling I can relate to.

I think you and Dev have left things in an odd place and you should follow things up with him. It may not be pleasant...in the short term. But Dev is a good man. And when you make a connection with someone--well, that's something you don't want to let slip away.

She has that same vulnerability Viv and Opal once had. A strong, brave woman, but vulnerable behind it all. This is the person I want to know better.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(She ignores the scotch, Tempest isn't a fan of alcohol.)

Cobalt, I'm not afraid of romance, I'm just uneasy with it. True love and all that, I've never had it. Ever.

With Dev, I don't want it, I want his friendship, I want to be there for him and him to be there for me. He's not a soul mate, more like a kindred spirit.

He's very attractive. But his reputation...what would be the point. One of my shades is a notch on his infamous bedpost, why should I be another one. I just can't help but feel comfortable around him.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, given all Dev has been through lately, I think a good friend is exactly what he needs.

What about Lardy?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy?

I don't know. I guess there is some sort of...chemical attraction. But with me, that never lasts. I get bored, look for a new scene and leave the old one behind. It's kind of hard to make friends if you use them up until you get bored with them.

What about you, anyone special?

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Just one these days, though I haven't seen her in a long time. Spellbinder, whom you may recall as the Princess of Psyonia, Crujectra.

We've been together a number of years but these last two years have been difficult as she's been touring the United Planets for charitable rebuilding projects in devastated planets.

I can only trust we'll be reunited again soon.

<sips scotch>

It hasn't been easy, though.

Tempest
Enchantress

He has someone. The one with the gargantuan bust!

Good, I'm glad, for some reason, I feel like I'm off the hook

I'm not really good at this whole advice thing for relationships. I guess just...hang in there.

(smiles)

Well, this is getting weird.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'm not one for heart to hearts either. But I am glad we had this talk.

In the troubles to come we'll all need one another. I'm glad we at least know where each other stands.

<stands>

It's been a pleasure.

<exits>

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.