Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space! (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  37  38  39   
Author Topic: Quislet's Super Law Firm...of Space!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leap Year Lass:
What about the Space part?

For the Space part - Don't throw up on your instructor when training in zero G

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
What about aspiring Space-Lawyers who were kicked out of space law school? Any advice on alternative career paths?

Well you could become a mediator.

Or you might want to get into farming.

There is also the career path of being frmaed for a crime you didn't commit, wandering the country searching for the true killer, and involving yourself in the lives of strangers each week, solving their problems while getting no closer to solving your own. Or you could become an angel and do the same thing.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Like On-Topic Angel?

When I was reading FC's last post in the Today's Active Topics list I coulda sworn it said "Any advice on alternative career pants?"

Maybe Quis and Lash could confer on that.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Alternative carrer pants - Is that like leather hot pants?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
No, it's NO pants!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

But if you have no pants, how can I get into them?

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I hadn't even thought of what the well dressed aspiring space-lawyer should wear! Any fashion tips, Quis?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Wow! I hadn't even thought of what the well dressed aspiring space-lawyer should wear! Any fashion tips, Quis?

I have to admit I am a *choke* Fashionally challenged gay man! *sob*

I defer to the Mighty Quinn M. for fashion advice.

I am reminded though of a Bizarro comic in which a Roman teacher is instructing some young boys "No matter what, the simple white toga will always be the acceptable business attire."

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
If there are "White Shoe" law firms for regular law, what is there for space law? White transuit firms?
From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
If a Legionnaire signs a contract using her or his "code name" rather than her or his legal name, does that make any difference?
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Quis, in the 31st century, fashion is all about accesories. Funky boots, capes, caps, and earrings that match your chest symbol. Keep that in mind and you will go far, young Padawan.

--------------------
Just spouting off.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Everywhere Angela Lansbury visited in "Murder, She Wrote," people seemed to get killed in disproportionately high numbers.

(In fact, the murder rate in her tiny hometown of Cabot Cove, Maine, was something like 65%.)

Would the authorities have any reason to investigate this itinerant angel of death?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Leap Year Lass:
If a Legionnaire signs a contract using her or his "code name" rather than her or his legal name, does that make any difference?

I would assume that would be covered much like actors who use and are known by a stage name.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by UTS:
Everywhere Angela Lansbury visited in "Murder, She Wrote," people seemed to get killed in disproportionately high numbers.

(In fact, the murder rate in her tiny hometown of Cabot Cove, Maine, was something like 65%.)

Would the authorities have any reason to investigate this itinerant angel of death?

I do believe that they would probably end up investigating her although she seems to have an in with the local police.

However, I don't think the police would have sufficient probable cause with which they could obtain a search warrant for her house or other property.

--------------------

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
The Supreme Court recently threw out the Pledge of Allegiance case on a "technicality," because the plaintiff in that case couldn't sue on behalf of his daughter (he didn't have full custody of her, I think).

What are the chances that someone who does have custody of his or her child will bring bring a similar lawsuit sometime soon?

And how do you think the Supreme Court will decide it? From Scalia's recusal and the opinion of the three other Justices (Rehnquist, Thomas, and O'Connor?) in this last case, it seems like at least four of the Justices would be inclined to keep the Pledge. Will one of the other five swing over to that side, or will the Pledge be found to be unconstitutional when this type of case goes back to the Supreme Court?

This topic comprises 39 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  37  38  39   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.