Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ger:
What you do: as little as possible

Wow! We have so much in common. [Smile]

When are you moving to Odessa, Ger? I've driven through there before -- it seems like a nice place to live. I hadn't realized before that it was a college town, what with UTPB being there and all.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ger
an old newbie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ger   Email Ger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
quote:
Originally posted by Ger:
What you do: as little as possible

Wow! We have so much in common. [Smile]

When are you moving to Odessa, Ger? I've driven through there before -- it seems like a nice place to live. I hadn't realized before that it was a college town, what with UTPB being there and all.

I'm actually going there to go back to school. I went to the Art Insitute and have a degree in Commercial Art, but I have no portfolio and have no experience with the current software used for graphics so I'm practically un-hirable. I'll have to start from scratch so I'll probably go to Odessa College for my first year or 2 as I hammer down what I want to major in, then transfer to UTPB to finish up. It is very scary -feels like I'm taking 10 steps back.
From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Mike - minesurfer
Where you live: Just outside of DC near Dulles Airport
What you do: Civil Engineer (Purdue Grad 1998)

Legion info: I like all of the Legion characters. Some more than others, but I would say my current affinities are for Andromeda, Querl, and Ferro. Creators... I very much enjoyed DnA's run and the beginning of the reboot. I started reading in 1998ish. I picked up The Beginning of Tomorrow TPB and just started getting all of the back issues. Once I had all of the reboot, I went back and started with No. 259 and worked my way forward. I have about six more HC Archives to get, and my collection will be complete.

Other things I like: I'd better mention my loving wife first here (just in case she ever reads this) [Smile] .

I am a Big Cub fan. Love Indiana University Basketball too. I like good movies but tend to stick with Sci Fi and Action flicks.

Other than comic books, I've read alot of John Douglass' work (he helped to start the Behaviorial Science Unit for the FBI). The Star Wars Expanded Universe books have been enthralling so far. I use to play Diablo2 online, but have recently started playing the Wind Waker on Gamecube.

My big Legion Extra Curricular activity is my Customized Legion of Superheroes Action Figures. You can find some links to a mock convention I participated in during the fall of 2003 in the Trophy Room. Someday they might even end up on Lightning Lad's page.

[ December 11, 2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by minesurfer:

What you do: Civil Engineer (Purdue Grad 1998)

Love Indiana University Basketball too.

! [Mad] ! [Mad] ! [Mad] !AAAAA-HEM! [Mad] ! [Mad] ! [Mad] !

Beware the comb-over.
Purdue "undue purversity" University BSEE 81

[ December 12, 2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
There's precedent in my family for being a Purdue Grad, but an IU basketball fan. My father has an Analytical Chemistry degree from PU, but is an IU fan.

I have immense respect for the job that Keady has done with that club. They look like they are going to be really tough this year. I don't see my Hoosiers beating them. They are just too tough inside.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't remember if i have filled this out yet or not, so here goes:

Rickshaw1, actual name, Rick Bennett
Occupation: Tree Killer, help to ensure that everyone's favorite funny book comes out.
Marital Status: Today is the 1 year anniversary of the day i asked Carol to be my missus. Still haven't figured out why she said yes, but an oral contract is binding and i havent let her out of it.
Location: Sumter South Carolina, but currently house hunting around Lake City SC.
Legion Info: Started reading around issue # 214, been reading ever since. Have many of the adventure and superboy backups printed in the digest form. Want the Hardcover Archives, but who the hell can afford forty dollars a book. Most liked character: Brin
Lest Liked character: Mon-el currently, he's damn boring. Jazmin a close second.
Favorite era: Earthwar. Shermans art was decades ahead of its time, and still better than most out there now.
Awaited events: Currently, how Brin is really from Zoon, and how he ended up on Rimbor with powers.

Other favorite things: Humor in books, scuba, baseball, women's beach volleyball (watching, not playing), woodworking...these are just hobbies. My favorite thing is my wife. There are just so many intersting things i can do with her.

Current activities: I hold the title of Legionworld's Resident Cranky Poster. And with damn good reason.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Danny Blaine, actual name, Matt Crider
Marital Status: Parterned
Legion Info: Started reading around issue #243, right in the middle of Earthwar.
Most liked character: Star Boy
Least Liked character: Dirk Morgna. Never liked him at all.
Favorite era: Great Darkness - Levitz/Giffen
Awaited events: The addition of Chemical King to the ranks (I wish), more of the new Cadets

Other favorite things: Writing, DVD's, Music etc

Current activities: Aside from the above, flirting...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
rokk steady, real name: michael everett

marital status: partnered

legion info: first issue = SLSH #262

most liked: cosmic boy, dream girl

least liked: colossal boy, kid q

favorite era: levitz/giffen

awaited events: the reintroduction of Sun Boy as a legionnaire; the day my partner starts casually wearing rokk's grell-era costume around the house

other faves: pembroke welsh corgis, music (dandy warhols to goldfrapp to muse to kelis and so on); alien quadrilogy box set

current activities: seeking someone who will spank me [Wink]

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rokk steady:
current activities: seeking someone who will spank me [Wink]

I bet you could train a corgi to do that....

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Considering how smart they are, you're probably right. Do you have personal experience with the breed?

At any rate, even if a corgi could be trained to spank me, I'm afraid I prefer a human hand...

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rokk steady:
At any rate, even if a corgi could be trained to spank me, I'm afraid I prefer a human hand...

That being the case, you might consider a Carrrgite!

[Razz]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Or a corggite.

Arf! Arf! Arf!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
name: Sean
Marital Status: single
Location: Hudson Valley, 'bout 100+ miles north of Manhattan, between the Catskills and the Berkshires.

Legion Info: My 1st issue: DC Superstars 17 (origin story + 1st case). 1st LSH issue: 236
Read regularly 246-257, 272-Levitz 63, and DnA 15-. I've been filing in many missed issues in past 1/2 year (I now love the bierbaum era).

Most liked characters: Tinya, Rokk, Shikari, Kent (of course), Laurel, Imra, hell, most of them

Least Liked characters: Zoe-as-terrorform, Devlin, glow-in-the-dark-Celeste, Thunder, Gim Allon

Favorite era: DnA, by far. Biebaum/Giffen, 2nd. Levitz/Giffen, Levitz/Sherman, Shooter/Swan 3rd-5th respecvtively.

Awaited events: Reintro of Kent (Cameo in #25 Yes!), Lydda (I know they'll get to her sooner or later), more Dominators!

Other favorite things: writing, drawing, travel, history, politics, humor, pubs, friends, hiking

Favorite movies: Casablanca, Young Frankenstein, Contact, too many to list.

Music: celtic (including Black 47, Enter the Haggis, Chieftains, Natalie MacMaster, Ashley MacIsaac), jazz (Satchmo, Ella), folk (Indigo Girls, Joni Mitchell, early Bob Dylan), mostly, but I have fondness for odd-n-ends (80s pop, two-step-garage, 60s Brit Invasion, classic disco, 80s altrnative (when alt WAS alt); almost anything but country.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Good luck with finding the rest of those back issues, Kent, and welcome to Legion World!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Invisible Brainy-

Thanks.

A Zoe lover? Good for you. Does that mean when she came back mackickally transformed after visiting Mysa (1995-6-ish), that you were "chasing tail?"

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.