Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
They better be ...

I wonder if Gladys can whip up some milkshakes ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow:
Red Arrow was beginning to settle in. She would take care of close matters first and go from there. The party reminded her of good times with the Thunderbolts. The parties at that grill called Street Levelers United were just as crazy. You never knew when Deadpool would decide to retheme the place as a sushi bar or an ice cream parlor. Red Arrow didn't like her ex-boyfriend becase he grew distant from humanity, even seemed to look down at the world. She preferred street-levelers and enjoyed being one.

She asked Anthony, "Since you lost your powers, have you began fighting or weapons training?"

Actually, I'm pretty adept at hand-to-hand and am an expert swordsman! Both were traditional aspects of our training at the Order of Lard Knights. Remember when I said I had been a monk? That's the particular one I meant. From your puzzled look, I assume there were no Lard Knights in your dimension.

I don't know much about other weapons. I always found archery fascinating--especially with trick arrows!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow replied, "I can show you trick arrows. Do you want to sneak away from here?" She was starting to get bored and felt that half these people wouldn't realize they were gone.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like fun! Where to?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"You guys must have a training room of some sort. Let's go there and pencil in a little secession," Red Arrow replied. This man talked about how great his fightin skills were and she wanted to see them for herself. She hoped they had a holographic program, because she knew exactly the scenarios she wanted to plan.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Why, yes, we do...I just had it put in! It's state-of-the-art with holographic simulations. I thought I'd call it something groovy like, I dunno...the "Danger Room"!

Wanna break it in? Follow me!

<he leads her deep into the compound and into the area>

What do you wanna run?

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow was well-versed in these types of computers. She pushed the appropriate buttons and said, "Hell's Kitchen, New York." (Picture it as from Frank Miller's classic run) Red Arrow continued, "There are two warehouses. One of them contains a shipment of automatic assault rifles from some black market in the Midwest. The second warehouse is where a hostage is. Our task is to try to uncover both locations and not get killed." Red Arrow began selecting random thugs to put in their way.

[ July 04, 2010, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Red Arrow ]

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<looks over her shoulder>

'Assault rifles', eh? Just keep in mind I'm not super anymore and dodging bullets would be a stretch! Now, if you wanna program some ninjas with swords....

<unsheathes his>

...well, I'd definitely have something for 'em!

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow smiled, "Okay,you want me to make it hard? I'll throw some of the best villains of this into this, and then you'll be begging for the thugs." She selected some Hand ninjas, Bullseye, and Elektra. Red Arrow typed in a three hour time limit for the secession. The chrome walls faded away from sight as New York City, in all it's glory and misery, materialized.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<looks around>

Awright...which warehouse do we take?

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow replies, "I think we should take the one with the assault rifles first. They might think we're just rival mercenaries, not heros. Then we can rescue the hostage. Do you have any objections?"

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Uh...nope.

<twirls sword a little to loosen up his arm and wrist muscles>

<thinks> Shit! I'm a little nervous, right now. Been a while since I went full-on without powers for back-up. Not since...

I'm ready, Emily. Lead the way.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

The holograms were very accurate. She could almost smell the dirt and the grim. Emily led the way. The time of the setting was very late at night. Her quiver was full of sharp arrows, freezing arrows, grenade arrows, and a couple of surprises. She heard a sound and drew her quiver.

"Meow", A creature in the darkness said. It was only a stray cat. Red Arrow let down her guard for two seconds before she heard a car park.

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow:
Red Arrow was well-versed in these types of computers. She pushed the appropriate buttons and said, "Hell's Kitchen, New York." (Picture it as from Frank Miller's classic run) Red Arrow continued, "There are two warehouses. One of them contains a shipment of automatic assault rifles from some black market in the Midwest. The second warehouse is where a hostage is. Our task is to try to uncover both locations and not get killed." Red Arrow began selecting random thugs to put in their way.

<Unnoticed in the background, "jose jimenenenez" watches with interest as Red Arrow programs the simulation and smiles when she and Chief Taylor step into the "Danger Zone.">

Never let an opportunity pass. <Resets the simulation, upping the danger level to Maximum and disengaging the safety interlocks. Then uses a spell to leave a false Kree/Scrull DNA trail on the affected controls.>

They'll survive, but this will push Chief Taylor in the direction I want him to go...

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<seemingly impossibly, twenty Hand ninjas emerge from the parked car, swords, nunchuks, throwing stars, etc. at the ready>

<they advance on Arrow and Lardy>

Damn, Emily--you aren't exactly easing into it, are you?

<grins, raises sword>

--------------------

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.