Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Fanfic Lass' Fantabulous Land of Eighties Enchantment
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Julie looks jazzed. Must have been all those Conga lines.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Aaah, the 80s. Decade of many Lash firsts.

But not ALL Lash firsts.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
March 16, 1981- 15 year old rhino goes to his first rock concert- XTC, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Jools Holland & his Millionaires.
I went with my father, my cousin Jackie, and my best friend Roger. My father bought me a Bush Tetras tee-shirt. I told him that there were guys smoking pot in the men's room and he said, "So what?"
By the end of that year, I had gone to at least a dozen concerts: B-52s, the Ramones, the Pretenders, the Plasmatics, Talking Heads, Nina Hagen Band, the Violent Femmes, BowWowWow, Squeeze, the Specials-most of them with my dad!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
THE DECADE OF CALIENTE'S BIRTH! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! The joint was really jumping late last night!

Truly outrageous!

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, FL, if you do find any Black Watch clips, let me know if you like them. They're still active, even though I thought they kinda' lost something when J'Ana Jacoby (who sang "Steve Albini") left the band.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ha ha ha ha.

Believe it or not, I actually did go to a Pearl Jam concert around 2002-2003, because they're a guy friend of mine's second favorite band after U2. It was supposed to be a double date, but my @#$@#% of a partner at the time decided at the last minute not to go. Anyway, they were surprisingly okay and they covered the Who's "Baba O'Riley" as the encore.

--------------------

cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw Pearl Jam on... uh, I think it was 7/4 sometime in the early Nineties, with an old college buddy who couldn't take his girlfriend to the show because she was out of town.

Mostly I remember that it was hot and dry, and that there were a couple of decent Neil Young covers. The rest is lost to memory.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

My favorite Neil Young song is from the 80s, marking the end of his decade-long identity crisis: 1989's "Rockin' in the Free World." I've got his memorable Saturday Night Live performance of said song on a VHS tape.

--------------------

cleome46

I have a secret weakness for some of This Note's For You.

Ain't singin' for Miller
Ain't singin' for Spuds...

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Gotta love ol' Neil.

Have you read the Neil biography from a few years ago, "Shakey" by Jimmy McDonnough? I thought it was excellent.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
It was.

Pretty even-handed too, considering Young and McDonnough had a falling out during the writing.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

I've learned the hard way not to read bios of people I admire. The admiration never survives.

[No]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Outdoor Miner, I remember hearing about the falling out. And I agree, McDonnough deserves a lot of credit for not using that as an excuse to try to tear Young down.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

So...80s...

Ever since Eryk informed me that the 80s TV cartoon Visionaries, which I never saw (due to living in Ecuador at the time) but which is universally beloved, is avaiable on YouTube, I've put getting a new computer at the top of my list of Things to Do When I Save Some Cash.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my now-out-of-print DVDs of another 80s cartoon, Defenders of Earth, where Flash Gordon, The Phantom, and Mandrake head a multi-generational, multi-racial team of heroes.

It's not the best 80s cartoon, mainly because unlike most other Marvel Productions cartoons, which were mostly animated in Japan with the occassional farm-out to Korea, DOTE was mostly animated in Korea, whose animation industry was very young at the time and not of the best quality.

Still, there are plenty of gems, especially among the later episodes. And it has sentimental value because, in the 80s, I advidly followed all three of the newspaper comics that inspired this show, especially the Phantom, which at the time was beautifully drawn by Sy Barry. That's why it's so cool that the team's token girl is the Phantom's daughter!

Trivia: Mandrake was voiced by Peter Reneday (Master Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Lothar was voiced by Buster Jones (Blaster from Transformers, Doc from G.I. Joe, and Arsenio Hall's replacement as Winston from The Real Ghostbusters), and Flash was voiced by Lou Richards (Leader-1 from GoBots)

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.