Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobie's - Midnight Exclusive Lounge (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Cobie's - Midnight Exclusive Lounge
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev lands back at the :ounge after deciding to not try and talk to his brother about Kalla, figuring he wouldn't listen anyways,

He sees Coobie still sitting at the bar.

"Hey Des. Look, I don't need, or really want to know all that much about this thing you guys are planning...the ledd the better probably."

He orders a drink. "Thing is, the leadership needs to know something...what, and when, can I tell them?"

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobalt half smiles>

I'll take care of the LMB leadership. I'll make sure the Office of Security is left out of it. Things will be above board...in my own way.

I kept Ram Boy apprised of what went down with the Red Bee. He might not have been seen much during those weeks but his presence was felt.

I'll handle the UP as well with Far.

<pours them both another drink>

The matter is serious enough where we can't have any potential hinderances to our cause.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
"Shouldhave known you'd have everything covered."

Swirls his drink in his glass, and shakes his head.

"Watch your asses out there. It's going to be even worse than you think. Back when Iwas on Webers World, I did a little recon into that territory. Nothing too deep, and only to guage reactions...it's really bad."

He sees Elle pass by. He smiles.

"She's a good kid, and she'll get bored with me soon enough. Which is fine, it's not like I think it has a chance in hell anyway. Just trying not to let myself get too overwhelmed by everything, and she's a good distraction right now."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Here's hoping Legion World is quiet in our absence. The new kids you've got on staff will get bored, but as long as they don't start seeing crime where there isn't any, that should be a manageable problem.

Once we're in the Oval, we'll be off the grid. But if things go really bad, you'll know. I've been working on different ways to alert the LMB--it's been one of the hardest things to figure out. But I'm wondering if Legion World's new superstar Power Boy might be the key.

It may never come to it but if there's anyway we can get word back here, it will come to you.

<looks at Elle>

Oh. And take joy at the idea that young women grow bored quickly. It gives you a way out for a clean break.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Yeahm there are a lot of unknowns in the Securiity Office at the moment, but I think they have the right stuff. There seems to be a few areas to keep them occupied at the moment, and I;'m keeping my eye on their reports very carefully, as well as the local district reports from the areas involved as well."

He takes a drink.

"Lot of behind the scenes crap to deal with...ah well, still would have wanted the job even if I had known before hand."

Looks at Elle. "It'll be fun for a little while at least." >shrugs< "Been a while since I just let myself have fun now and then...so it's a positive in the long run."

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<opens a bottle of some of the finest Pinot Noir in the galaxies>

I think this should do for tonight, in case I receive a special visitor. Especially an ex-wife...or something like that...

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Walks in and spot Cobalt. She walks up to him.)

Hello.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hello.

<nods>

Please, join me for a drink.

<am awkward silence builds for a moment>

You can imagine my surprise when this morning I felt a flood of memories return.

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(She nods at the invitation to the drink.)

I suppose I will be needing this.

(Takes the glass and takes a sip.)

I would imagine, that of the many people I have been talking to lately, you of all would be the most surprised by my releasing your memories.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I look at you and even though you look different, all I see is Viviane. The regal nature, the intelligence...the temper <smiles>...the passion. But it's hard to process it? Are you her? Was she you? Just one small part of you?

Do you even remember the passion we shared?

<pours each a second glass>

Forgive my over familiarity. I'm at a loss on just how familiar to be.

Tempest
Enchantress

It's like...

For me, it was the most vivid dream. Almost real and then, not. I'm not Viviane. She was just a copy of an old teacher, she's...just something I admired, always have, I think that's why I chose her, subconsciously of course.

I remember, almost everything. Some small details are fuzzy.

I remember you.

(She looks into her glass.)

You were close to her. You loved her. But you never loved me, not the real me. Just some shade. From my point of view, you were just some...

Dream boy.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<smiles>

I...I thought you might say as much. A small part of me hoped it would be simple, that you were her. We loved one another but when we decided to get married, I felt it pulled us apart in a way we never recovered. I always hoped for some resolution.

But that's not how things work.

At least...we can get to know each other. Find a new friendship, and based on what you said, something more real.

<puts his hand on hers and looks into her eyes>

I know you feel guilty about what's happened and the deception in erasing our memories. I won't hold it against you; the latter I can certainly understand.

<looks away for a moment suddenly feeling a familiar feeling of lust>

We're empty again.

<refills wine glasses>

In a way the sense of loss I felt for both Viv and Opal--it's gone. And that feels good.

Tempest
Enchantress

Guilt is a fading darkness in my world. I felt sick when I first learned that my dreams killed so many people.

I remember your wedding to Viviane, and how---she, because of me, I guess, killed people and attacked this place and then again, the dark Viviane, attacked and killed more.

I felt incredible guilt, this was my fantasy utopia of science and wonder. I grew up surrounded my magic, but this place doesn't even begin to have it's fill of magic. It's so purely...human, that I felt unique, special, even if it was only a dream. So to be the one responsible for hurting that dream...

But, I let most of that go. I know that I didn't intentionally kill those people...apart of me will always carry some of that shame.

For the most part it was that I kept your memories for so long. I didn't want you to judge me because of that. Or anyone else, for that matter.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

We all have our tragedies...and our secrets.

I'm glad you'll be joining us in the Oval. We'll need your abilities once we go to Sorcerer's World. More than that, we'll all be on the long road together. By the end, we'll certainly know one another after the trials we've faced.

<finishes the wine bottle>

I don't know what I expected from this talk. But I'm glad we had it.

You're different than Viv, or how I saw her, or whatever. But yet so similar.

You certainly made your mark on Legion World as part of the social drama. But if you're in need of a real friend, I'm here.

And being so close to you now, I'll be sure to redouble my efforts to keep any primal urges under control.

It can be a lonely existence at times defending Legion World and the UP. But you're not alone.

Tempest
Enchantress

A friend, huh?

I could use on of those, I guess.

(She smirks.)

I could use an ear, about Dev Em. He and I got close, but as I look back on it...it's not what it seems to be. He's just a friend, all he ever is going to be is a friend. I know he wants more. I lead him on thinking that it could be romance, but it was a longing for friendship, nothing more, I see that now.

I'm not use to this, most of the men in my life, you know pre and post cocoon. Were just tools. I used them till the got rusty and then they were thrown out. But I can't do that Dev...it would be so easy if I could, though.

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.